Speculation: Who do YOU want with our 1st round picks!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
How about this:

to ANA :

- jeff petry

to Mtl:

Maxime comtois
2022 1st round pick

Would be amazing but I doubt the Ducks will mortgage their future for Petry. They're a step ahead in their rebuild, they will not start making these types of moves IMO.

As for the pick, well I sure hope we win the lottery and draft Wright!! Would be cool considering the draft is held here..

TeacherMan

Mar 10, 2017
99% of people here just repeat what they hear lol.

99% of people here haven't watched any of these kids play even once.

So what? It's fun to speculate and also share info we read/heard elsewhere. Otherwise, this would just be a forum for pro scouts.

Reactions: Deebs

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Yeah Jirichek vs Nemec is basically do you want the 2 way all around D or the offensive dynamo as your #1. I'm fine with either honestly
Wouldn’t you say Jiricek is the offensive dynamo? Or am i misreading your post

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Wouldn’t you say Jiricek is the offensive dynamo? Or am i misreading your post

Nemec has never met a rush he didn't want to jump into. I've seen him hit the opposing blue line many times before any one of his forwards. Creates a ton of chaos.

The first two games here are a good example:

Anyway, he's my guy too. He's too good a skater for this league so he basically does whatever he wants and covers an obscene amount of ice. He'll reign it in a bit as the level increases.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I think we have a legit chance at Bedard next year. As much as any other bottom team - fun to think we could actually "win" a franchise player. First one since Guy Lafleur (not incl G)

I watched Bedard a fair amount, I'm not a believer he's a generational player at all.

Reactions: themilosh

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, some other poster pointed out hes only 5'9".. i never knew, so i was wrong.. def no generational talent... at best a 2C probably.

talented, but.. the stuff he's doing in a weak WHL this year with hardly any travel and conference play.. I'm not sure what to think

Reactions: themilosh

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Let's just say we are unlucky at the lottery and end up with the 4th pick what do you guys think of Juraj Slafkovsky? He looks good at the Olympic. The competition is weak but he's still playing against men. I'd say he is a high quality prospect.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Let's just say we are unlucky at the lottery and end up with the 4th pick what do you guys think of Juraj Slafkovsky? He looks good at the Olympic. The competition is weak but he's still playing against men. I'd say he is a high quality prospect.
As of now if we ended up dropping to the 3rd or 4th pick i definitely think he's in the conversation. Say Wright cooley and nemec/jirichek goes 1 2 3 and we have fourth its definitely an interesting option. Still a fair bit of hockey left so we'll have to wait and see if anyone separates them selves but we need to hit with our top 4 pick.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If we finish last overall, what's the lowest we could possibly pick...3rd?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
talented, but.. the stuff he's doing in a weak WHL this year with hardly any travel and conference play.. I'm not sure what to think

Who knows but his offensive skill just keeps showing up wherever he plays. Look beyond the WHL and he just keeps racking up points. Smaller type yeah but he's got game and very high hockey IQ.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Who knows but his offensive skill just keeps showing up wherever he plays. Look beyond the WHL and he just keeps racking up points. Smaller type yeah but he's got game and very high hockey IQ.

He's 16. And it's not like he's 16 but 17 in 3 weeks. He'll turn 17 next summer. Technically speaking he still has 3 junior years left. The skills he shows at this age is impressive.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad