Speculation: Who do YOU want with our 1st round picks!

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I watched Bedard a fair amount, I'm not a believer he's a generational player at all.
I said it. Habs are tanking in the wrong years. Pittsburg were tanking in the good years. They had Lemieux and they had Fleury, Malkin and Crosby. Habs will get Wright and Bedard, if lucky. Are talking about equivalent of McDavid, Draisatle or Matthews. Hell no ! My guess is the best player of the next draft will be Nemec, or surely not Wright, We'll see.

NHLcrazy

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal
I said it. Habs are tanking in the wrong years. Pittsburg were tanking in the good years. They had Lemieux and they had Fleury, Malkin and Crosby. Habs will get Wright and Bedard, if lucky. Are talking about equivalent of McDavid, Draisatle or Matthews. Hell no ! My guess is the best player of the next draft will be Nemec, or surely not Wright, We'll see.

They got Malkin by default by losing the lottery to Washington who picked Ovy... unreal.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
They got Malkin by default by losing the lottery to Washington who picked Ovy... unreal.
Ovy or Malkin. I would pick any of those to rebuilt a team. Hell, I would like any of them to end their carreers in Mtl at the age of 35. Both of them at 35, 36 or 37 are better than actual Suzuki, Caufield or Wright. Kopitar is better today than Suzuki at 22.

Reactions: Mandalorian

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
You know we always see BPA, BPA but we need to understand that we are building a team and there needs to be different type of players on that team. I think this was never the case. I like what hughes had to say for the Heino... guy we got from Calgary, speed and aggression. If I look at the team this year I see very few guys that excel at puck retrieval ... Phoeling, Anderson (to a certain degree) and Lekohnen that is it. We are not so bad with the puck but when we loose it we can't recover it.

I am not sure Wright will be as bad as people think but at the same time he is truly underwhelming. I still think he is our pick if we are No1, I do think Cooley, Nemec, Jiricek, 6,4 Slovak makes us a better team down the road.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

I agree, he is not anything like the above players and its just bad luck to have an awful team in meh draft years

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Who knows but his offensive skill just keeps showing up wherever he plays. Look beyond the WHL and he just keeps racking up points. Smaller type yeah but he's got game and very high hockey IQ.

I hope he pans out, I have a fear of players that got 'exceptional status' I guess... it rarely works out.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
True and fair. But we are due for another legit star out of the gates. Matthews was the last one
When I was going in bars, at 2:50 am the waiter used to say "last call". Well, Matthews is the 2:50 am player in a bar. Last call. The next one like him will be ... will be ... I guess at 9 pm the next evening. :D

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
You know we always see BPA, BPA but we need to understand that we are building a team and there needs to be different type of players on that team. I think this was never the case. I like what hughes had to say for the Heino... guy we got from Calgary, speed and aggression. If I look at the team this year I see very few guys that excel at puck retrieval ... Phoeling, Anderson (to a certain degree) and Lekohnen that is it. We are not so bad with the puck but when we loose it we can't recover it.

I am not sure Wright will be as bad as people think but at the same time he is truly underwhelming. I still think he is our pick if we are No1, I do think Cooley, Nemec, Jiricek, 6,4 Slovak makes us a better team down the road.
BPA always, its killing us drafting for need.

Reactions: Jpageman

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
If they win the lottery: Wright.
If they don’t: Jiricek/Savoie. Slaf to a slightly lesser extent but the Olympic hype is hard to ignore.

With Calgary’s pick: Miroshnichenko if he slides due to being such a divisive prospect. Lambert could be in a similar situation as well. Or Mateychuk if he’s still available. Could be anywhere from the late teens to late 20s though, so who knows.

Last edited:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
shane wright; then package our other two firsts for something in the 10-12 range...who i have no clue will be available

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Jiricek or Slafkovsky with our 1st. In the eventuality we draft 3rd or 4th and that both are gone, thats between Yurov, Kemell, Cooley and maybe Wright, depending of his play to the end of his season from now.

With the others 1sts, I will have to watch more, but if one of Gauthier, Mintyukov drop, you have to move up.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Lose Hard for Bedard and shitty play for Matvei!

Win the lottery next year and luck out that one of the 2023 1sts you will receive finish 2nd.

Why not have Bedard AND Mishkov in Montreal.

We haven't had nice things in Montreal since the 70's... we're due ffs!

Come on hockey gods!

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Lose Hard for Bedard and shitty play for Matvei!

Win the lottery next year and luck out that one of the 2023 1sts you will receive finish 2nd.

Why not have Bedard AND Mishkov in Montreal.

We haven't had nice things in Montreal since the 70's... we're due ffs!

Come on hockey gods!

We are winning the 1OA pick next year don't even worry about it man I got it covered. Just gotta make sure nobody goes into my basement for a while
girls-claim-to-be-satanists.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad