Where in the world is kyle turris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Potential lottery pick. Considering where they finished this year, I think "potential" is fair.
Meh lets see how your team would fare with its two best players,injured or recovering from a big offseason surgery....

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Potential lottery pick. Considering where they finished this year, I think "potential" is fair.

We'll have to see how it shakes out but I see them as a bubble team.

Much like it was probably fair to say the Sens weren't a top 4 team despite finishing there last year I also think it's fair to say they aren't a bottom 4 team either.

Reactions: Daisy Ridley

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Meh lets see how your team would fare with its two best players,injured or recovering from a big offseason surgery....

I am not sure why you guys are being so defensive - this isn't a shot at the Sens, they were a lottery team this year, so there's definitely potential they finish near the bottom again.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I bet if Nashville could have a do-over they wouldn't be doing Jones for Johansen or Girard for Turris

I think they would 100% do both of those trades again. Why keep your magnificent D talent rotting up in the bottom pairing when you have huge holes to fill up front? Guys like Johansen and Turris aren't available every day, both were smart moves at the time and I believe they would be a worse team without the trades.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Turris is in New Westminster, a stones through from Johansson who is from Port Moody, two good ol BC boys that just don't have enough consistency. They are both whiney, spoiled brats that will never be 1&2 Centers of a stanley cup team. You may be able to get away with having one of those types on your team but not two.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Who was their top Center when Weber+Suter anchored the D line? David Legwand? Steve Sullivan? Seriously, that team has had a plethora of great dmen, but their center depth has always been shit. Can't fault them for picking up Turris. Bonino's been a good player for them too.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I bet if Nashville could have a do-over they wouldn't be doing Jones for Johansen or Girard for Turris

Johansen is a very good player for them. High skill playmaker. They needed that on center ice.

Turris was very invisible this series, usually he has a good wrist shot but I don't even remember one shot from him that was dangerous.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
All the result of bad karma when Turris' wife chirped Sen's GM on Twitter.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Nashville should not regret the trade. They traded a bunch of decent prospects for a top six centre. Stacked on D already. Perhaps they’ll regret giving Turris a six year extension before he even played a game for them, though.

I want to see Turris in a full season in Nashville before I judge him. Not all players adapt super quickly. Give him an off-season to reset and a training camp to learn and we’ll see.

All the result of bad karma when Turris' wife chirped Sen's GM on Twitter.

It was the owner, not the GM.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think they would 100% do both of those trades again. Why keep your magnificent D talent rotting up in the bottom pairing when you have huge holes to fill up front? Guys like Johansen and Turris aren't available every day, both were smart moves at the time and I believe they would be a worse team without the trades.
Imo Johansen is more reliable than Turris but neither in hindsight is worth someone like Jones. I don't think they necessarily should have kept all those d-men, but if they were going to move Jones they should have gotten a clear 1C. Looking back on it now they traded a clear 1D for a borderline 1C. Not so bad as far as looking back at trades in hindsight goes but not good either.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This is actually where the series was lost.

Winnipeg had a 2 headed monster at centre with scheifele and stastny. Nashville countered with johansen who at least stood out production wise, but the centre battle was clearly a loss for the Preds.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
This is actually where the series was lost.

Winnipeg had a 2 headed monster at centre with scheifele and stastny. Nashville countered with johansen who at least stood out production wise, but the centre battle was clearly a loss for the Preds.

Lowry took a lot of Johansen's shifts too. When Laviolette had the chance he tried to avoid that matchup.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

:laugh: no.

I very much doubt there has ever, in the history of hockey, been a GM who's regretted trading a no.5 defenseman and randoms for a no.2 centerman. It's just common sense.

Johansen's the best centerman we've ever had and was over a PPG this playoffs. Say what you will about his regular seasons, he turns it up during the post-season.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Johansson has been great 2 playoffs in a row now. I have watched most of Nashvilles playoff games over the past 2 years and he has looked undoubtedly like a #1C every one of those games. Many of those occasions even the most dominant player on the ice.

Why he doesn't elevate his game during the regular season, I do not know. But he is certainly a first line center.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
:laugh: no.

I very much doubt there has ever, in the history of hockey, been a GM who's regretted trading a no.5 defenseman and randoms for a no.2 centerman. It's just common sense.

Johansen's the best centerman we've ever had and was over a PPG this playoffs. Say what you will about his regular seasons, he turns it up during the post-season.

Except Seth Jones is now a 1D, and those types are never traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad