Where in the world is kyle turris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
lol, in what world. The guy is almost 22 and has a total of 5 games and 0 points. He might be worth a 3rd
He’s a 21 year old, 6’2” centre, with great hands, a strong 2-way game, good skating, and pretty good physicality. Put up 51 points in 70 games in the AHL in 2016/17 (was just 1 point off Aberg for the team lead), then last year at 21 was a PPG AHLer, though in a limited sample size.

It’s certainly possible he doesn’t pan out, but I can easily see him becoming a quality 3C, and I think there’s a chance he becomes a 2C. I’d trade a 2nd for him, though you’re right that a 1st is likely too far.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Kamenev will be 22 prior to camp and played 20 games last season combined between the NHL and the AHL. He's by no means a guarantee to make an NHL roster this fall.

I find the 3 way trade thing gets broken down in funny ways. IMO Ottawa got the best NHL player in the deal and a player who's skill set is more likely to allow him to be successful into his mid 30s. Nashville got a serviceable 2C but signed him to a contract that they likely regret before it even starts. Colorado got a good young D and a lot of magic beans and it will be quite a few years before it's evident whether the magic beans turn into NHL players.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He’s a 21 year old, 6’2” centre, with great hands, a strong 2-way game, good skating, and pretty good physicality. Put up 51 points in 70 games in the AHL in 2016/17 (was just 1 point off Aberg for the team lead), then last year at 21 was a PPG AHLer, though in a limited sample size.

It’s certainly possible he doesn’t pan out, but I can easily see him becoming a quality 3C, and I think there’s a chance he becomes a 2C. I’d trade a 2nd for him, though you’re right that a 1st is likely too far.
He got traded because in the 5 games he played up for us he showed no real signs of anything really, and with getting Turris, Joey and Bonino on long term deals he was going to be buried in the AHL. What Poile did was move a bunch of assets that were either going to be buried in the minors or be playing in a 5D position for several years. Basically he took to long to develop so he became expendable.

Despite what everyone keeps trying to convince themselves of, the ifs, buts, and anything else you can come up with, Poile makes both of those trades every single time if you could rewind and go back to that spot again. Yall act like Poile didn't know Jones was going to be that good, when everything the man has said since he drafted him is that he would be that good. The fact remains though, without Joey we don't even make the playoffs to make the SCF run to begin with, and we don't win the President's trophy without Turris either.

It's always easy for people to sit back and say " should have traded for someone else", but I have yet found anyone that can answer the question of who that player would be at that time. That answer is always the same, freaking crickets.

Reactions: Soundgarden

member 147413

He got traded because in the 5 games he played up for us he showed no real signs of anything really, and with getting Turris, Joey and Bonino on long term deals he was going to be buried in the AHL. What Poile did was move a bunch of assets that were either going to be buried in the minors or be playing in a 5D position for several years. Basically he took to long to develop so he became expendable.

Despite what everyone keeps trying to convince themselves of, the ifs, buts, and anything else you can come up with, Poile makes both of those trades every single time if you could rewind and go back to that spot again. Yall act like Poile didn't know Jones was going to be that good, when everything the man has said since he drafted him is that he would be that good. The fact remains though, without Joey we don't even make the playoffs to make the SCF run to begin with, and we don't win the President's trophy without Turris either.

It's always easy for people to sit back and say " should have traded for someone else", but I have yet found anyone that can answer the question of who that player would be at that time. That answer is always the same, freaking crickets.
I don’t disagree, but if you know Seth Jones is going to be that good, you do not trade him for Ryan Johansen unless your pro scouts thought too highly of him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don’t disagree, but if you know Seth Jones is going to be that good, you do not trade him for Ryan Johansen unless your pro scouts thought too highly of him.
You do when you are already sitting on Josi, Subban, Ellis and Ekholm. You only need so many #1's on the team and Ellis and Ekholm arent getting you a 1C.

Once again I ask this, we dont trade him, we now have 5 top dmen with no #1 center and no #2 center, who is going and who you going to get. No one has answered that yet in sober a dozen threads.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Johansen was coming off his 22 year old season and had just put up 70 points and scored 33 goals as a 21 year old. So his value was high at the time.

I'm not giving up on him being a star center though, as he came off a bad injury to start the season and started slow. He was a beast in the playoffs though.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Johansen was coming off his 22 year old season and had just put up 70 points and scored 33 goals as a 21 year old. So his value was high at the time.

I'm not giving up on him being a star center though, as he came off a bad injury to start the season and started slow. He was a beast in the playoffs though.

I'm not sure he'll ever get back to 2014/2015 production, it would be nice. He does have the talent to be a 30G, 40A centerman. He always elevates come playoff time.

-

Nashville should've grabbed Matty Duchene instead of Turris.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Kyle Tourist

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad