Where in the world is kyle turris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
If they held on to Jones a bit longer...they've could've gotten a better C than RyJo.
Agreed, they have proven they can't draft a center. It doesn't look like they can trade for them either.

RyJo is a great player but as a number one, basically any team in the playoffs is going to have a better number 1 than him.

The same thing goes for the Avalanche though. Can't draft defenseman or even really trade for them. EJ has been great and all but the same thing applies, as a number one almost every team we face post season is going to have the better number one. But it seems our luck has been changing on both fronts for defenseman lately.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
If that's true, can you tell me what better Centers than RyJo have hit the market since Seth was drafted?
They probably would have had to trade Jones for a pick that became someone which presents another issue since we all know how they draft when it comes to centers.

But Jones wasn't shopped for long or they could have been more picky. It seemed more like they saw RyJo being shopped and pulled the trigger. If they had actually shopped Jones it could have been a lot different.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They probably would have had to trade Jones for a pick that became someone which presents another issue since we all know how they draft when it comes to centers.

But Jones wasn't shopped for long or they could have been more picky. It seemed more like they saw RyJo being shopped and pulled the trigger. If they had actually shopped Jones it could have been a lot different.

I'm still waiting to hear who this better Center is that they could've gotten. I don't love RyJo as much as Henchy does, but when RyJo is on form he's a f***ing load. There's probably guys they could've gotten who would've been more consistent, but I just don't know what center they could've gotten who has a higher top gear than RyJo. And for a team like them, with that blueline and depth, they don't need a consistent #1 to carry them all year like MacK did us. They need someone who can step up beast when at his best; and that's Johansen.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
I'm still waiting to hear who this better Center is that they could've gotten. I don't love RyJo as much as Henchy does, but when RyJo is on form he's a ****ing load. There's probably guys they could've gotten who would've been more consistent, but I just don't know what center they could've gotten who has a higher top gear than RyJo. And for a team like them, with that blueline and depth, they don't need a consistent #1 to carry them all year like MacK did us. They need someone who can step up beast when at his best; and that's Johansen.
Well I am not here to make predictions like that.

I don't think much of RyJo as a number one. To me, he is the quintessential number two. The kind of guy you absolutely would love to have in that role, like RoR actually. Great all around game.

Jones was number 3 overall right and proved that he was worth that position every bit so who was in the top 3 that off-season that someone might have traded the draft pick for? Who would have wanted RyJo if they had known he was available? Again he wasn't shopped. RyJo was available and they jumped. Trying to come up with "what ifs" is frivolous and could be argued up and down.

If Nashville wins the cup than obviously I eat my words, but with the way they've played thus far, I don't see it happening. Time will tell

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Well I am not here to make predictions like that.

I don't think much of RyJo as a number one. To me, he is the quintessential number two. The kind of guy you absolutely would love to have in that role, like RoR actually. Great all around game.

Jones was number 3 overall right and proved that he was worth that position every bit so who was in the top 3 that off-season that someone might have traded the draft pick for? Who would have wanted RyJo if they had known he was available? Again he wasn't shopped. RyJo was available and they jumped. Trying to come up with "what ifs" is frivolous and could be argued up and down.

If Nashville wins the cup than obviously I eat my words, but with the way they've played thus far, I don't see it happening. Time will tell
That's not how this works, you said we could have gotten a better Center with Jones, so now the move is on you to show who that could have been. The answer right now is no one and that's why you haven't come up with a name. No one moves 1C's or even potential 1C's.

Meanwhile while we are holding on to Jones we dont make the SCF last season nor do we win the Presidents trophy this one.

Poile is good, but he ain't a magician that can get other GM's to give up the single hardest position to fill in the NHL.

Reactions: cgf and Soundgarden

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
They could have a 6 of.

Josi
Jones
Subban
Ekholm
Ellis
Girard

Why not just replace Girard and Ellis with Suter and Weber at this point? Lol.

Turris/Johansen are not a strong enough 1-2 punch IMO, a team like Pittsburgh can mask a weak D with a 1-2 punch like Crosby/Malkin but I don't think a team like Pittsburgh can mask a weak 1-2 punch with Josi/Subban.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
That's not how this works, you said we could have gotten a better Center with Jones, so now the move is on you to show who that could have been. The answer right now is no one and that's why you haven't come up with a name. No one moves 1C's or even potential 1C's.

Meanwhile while we are holding on to Jones we dont make the SCF last season nor do we win the Presidents trophy this one.

Poile is good, but he ain't a magician that can get other GM's to give up the single hardest position to fill in the NHL.

PensandCaps said that they could of gotten a better center for Jones, I agreed with him. That back and forth is purely hypothetical, because guess what - nobody could possibly know how things "could have" been. The past is the past and there is literally no argument I could make that won't then de-evolve into "well that would never happen" and obviously then what? Its on me to say that it could have happened? That is just pointless if I've ever seen a pointless discussion. But then this is a board with a thriving "trade forum" that is possibly the most pointless thing I've seen on the internet.

And yes anything else and you may not have made the SCF last year. Or even the playoffs. That is precisely my point. Acting like you can change the past and see how things might have been is just preposterous. Even though - didn't RyJo get hurt in the second round? So that is a lot of playoffs wins without him and thus technically, you did get to the SCF without him.

Regardless - my point still stands. Jones wasn't really shopped. RyJo was basically made available because of his spout with his coach and thus he was the one being shopped and the Preds pulled the trigger. If they had waited and actually shopped Jones, could they have gotten a better number one? Who knows. I am certainly not saying that they "for sure" would have - because there is literally no way to know that. I just think they could have and so do a lot of other people.

Besides, the thread is about Turris and that was a poor trade too, IMO. I said at the time that Nashville should have taken Duchene and it never made sense to me that Turris was the guy they wanted. I always assumed they didn't want Duchene in the division so it might not have been their choice. But everything at the time suggested they wanted Turris. This is another point that isn't worth making since again, the past is what it is - so none of it really matters at this point. People will now jump in and be like "did you see Duchene in Ottawa" making the assumption that he would have played just as poorly with Forsberg on his wing or some other preposterous statement so........ see, that is why you don't post "what ifs" on HF Boards. LOL

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
PensandCaps said that they could of gotten a better center for Jones, I agreed with him. That back and forth is purely hypothetical, because guess what - nobody could possibly know how things "could have" been. The past is the past and there is literally no argument I could make that won't then de-evolve into "well that would never happen" and obviously then what? Its on me to say that it could have happened? That is just pointless if I've ever seen a pointless discussion. But then this is a board with a thriving "trade forum" that is possibly the most pointless thing I've seen on the internet.

And yes anything else and you may not have made the SCF last year. Or even the playoffs. That is precisely my point. Acting like you can change the past and see how things might have been is just preposterous. Even though - didn't RyJo get hurt in the second round? So that is a lot of playoffs wins without him and thus technically, you did get to the SCF without him.

Regardless - my point still stands. Jones wasn't really shopped. RyJo was basically made available because of his spout with his coach and thus he was the one being shopped and the Preds pulled the trigger. If they had waited and actually shopped Jones, could they have gotten a better number one? Who knows. I am certainly not saying that they "for sure" would have - because there is literally no way to know that. I just think they could have and so do a lot of other people.

Besides, the thread is about Turris and that was a poor trade too, IMO. I said at the time that Nashville should have taken Duchene and it never made sense to me that Turris was the guy they wanted. I always assumed they didn't want Duchene in the division so it might not have been their choice. But everything at the time suggested they wanted Turris. This is another point that isn't worth making since again, the past is what it is - so none of it really matters at this point. People will now jump in and be like "did you see Duchene in Ottawa" making the assumption that he would have played just as poorly with Forsberg on his wing or some other preposterous statement so........ see, that is why you don't post "what ifs" on HF Boards. LOL
No Joey was hurt in game 4 of the Western Conference Finals. So basically you dont know and dont have an answer and rambled on about it anyways but now want to drop it because you can't admit that your premise is just wrong. Sounds good to me.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
No Joey was hurt in game 4 of the Western Conference Finals. So basically you dont know and dont have an answer and rambled on about it anyways but now want to drop it because you can't admit that your premise is just wrong. Sounds good to me.
I'm an Avs fan living in Denver. All we do is smoke weed and ponder life, haven't you been reading the forums?

Meanwhile you seem to want to pick a fight because you're obviously drinking whiskey, or actually, it's probably illegal moonshine (so At least what I'm doing is legal)

You're not even picking a fight with ALL the people. You realize PensandCaps said it first right? Why aren't you picking a fight with him too?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm an Avs fan living in Denver. All we do is smoke weed and ponder life, haven't you been reading the forums?

Meanwhile you seem to want to pick a fight because you're obviously drinking whiskey, or actually, it's probably illegal moonshine (so At least what I'm doing is legal)

You're not even picking a fight with ALL the people. You realize PensandCaps said it first right? Why aren't you picking a fight with him too?
Moonshine is legal in Tennessee

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Wtf is this robble robble thing

Turris for Kamenev Girard and a 2nd is fair value in a vacuum but not when Girard is outplaying Turris already

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
He’s been invisible. He’s a good 2nd line center; I would have targeted Duchene, that said, he throws off the cap numbers.

Johansen and Turris is decent up the middle; Johansen floats a lot though.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Turris/Johansen are not a strong enough 1-2 punch IMO, a team like Pittsburgh can mask a weak D with a 1-2 punch like Crosby/Malkin but I don't think a team like Pittsburgh can mask a weak 1-2 punch with Josi/Subban.

We were literally 1:35 and an early whistle away from forcing a game 7 against Crosby and Malkin with Sissons/Fisher/Gaudreau/Jarnkrok last year. But somehow Johansen and Turris aren't enough?

Reactions: SaskPreds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad