Speculation: Where does Tavares end up??

Where does Tavares end up??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Pacioretty is as good as gone, Even with Tavares with Prices health issues good luck convincing JT to sign there Habs will still struggle to make the playoffs..

I'm sorry but with Price Weber and Tavares, Habs would make the playoffs IMO. With the current roster, they might not be contenders, but we'd at least fight for the last few spots.

And Price was injured the last couple seasons, but he's going to be fine. Was not the same injuries. And I'm pretty sure this year's injury at the end of the season was for tank purposes. He did finish the year though.

Put him in Detroit though, I still don't think they make it...

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm sorry but with Price Weber and Tavares, Habs would make the playoffs IMO. With the current roster, they might not be contenders, but we'd at least fight for the last few spots.

And Price was injured the last couple seasons, but he's going to be fine. Was not the same injuries. And I'm pretty sure this year's injury at the end of the season was for tank purposes. He did finish the year though.

Put him in Detroit though, I still don't think they make it...
Whole lot of injuries to say "oh he'll be fine".

2 aging stars and some decent forwards... that's the sales pitch. Well I guess Pacioretty too, but they've been trying to run him out of town.

Last edited:

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
And Price was injured the last couple seasons, but he's going to be fine.

i dont understand how people can just sit there and say "oh well, price will be fine"....did you actually see him play last season?....even when healthy he stunk

assuming he is going to bounce back from that season and "be just fine" is rediculous

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
i dont understand how people can just sit there and say "oh well, price will be fine"....did you actually see him play last season?....even when healthy he stunk

assuming he is going to bounce back from that season and "be just fine" is rediculous

Assuming he'll be just as bad as this year is even more ridiculous. Do you think he just went from Vezina candidate to bad in one year and will never ever recover?

Reactions: KawaYui

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
lol you really think that what fans think on this forum is a good indication of where Tavares is going? The same fans who thought that Duchene was going to return a bag of pucks. The same fans who create daily reactionary thread which never ends up true? Give me a break. Your argument is as bad as people creating a poll to prove their point.

You're welcome to believe anything you like. The idea that Tavares would want to go to MTL seems crazy to me and I'm not the only one who feels that way.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I still think , if he leaves the Islanders , he will sign with the Rangers .... just a feeling

Maybe if the Rangers had a team that was a Stanley cup contender but given that the Rangers basically traded their best defenseman for futures what exactly would be enticing for Tavares to go there now?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Tavares will get the money he wants everywhere

hes gonna pick the place he wants to play
Hes gonna look at the team before signing , if they have a decent team , decent prospect , good city , small medias (he hates them confirmed by him more than once)

So forget big markets , unless he changed his mind.
San Jose looks a great choice if SJ make it far and They dont resign Big Joe.

Martin jones is solid , good Defs , good veteran forwards and good prospects
Under the sun of California , no media
Perfect place for him.

Reactions: HydroF and HabsQC

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Whole lot of injuries to say "oh he'll be fine".

2 aging stars and some decent forwards... that's the sales pitch. Well I guess Pacioretty too, but they've been trying to run him out of town.

Or more like : we finished 1st in the Atlantic last year. We have Team Canada's top goalie and d-man and three wingers who have already scored 30 goals in their career. Oh and the fourth winger is Drouin, who should be better than the 3 others.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec

So you think he's done ? He lost all of his skills just like that. Bad seasons happen. Injury seasons happen. Look at Jonathan Quick. I'm not surprised though, typical Habs fan bipolar reaction.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Or more like : we finished 1st in the Atlantic last year. We have Team Canada's top goalie and d-man and three wingers who have already scored 30 goals in their career. Oh and the fourth winger is Drouin, who should be better than the 3 others.
:laugh: The team went nuclear BAD this year. Your 2 best players are 30+ and are battling injuries. MB is trying to push one of those 30 goal scorers out of the picture and more then enough rumors to push Galchenyuk out of the picture too. Sure sounds like a place a guy wants to go for the next 7 yrs of his life....especially if the team continues to stagnate, lord the media pressure he'll have to deal with(which he's said to hate).

SJS is going to make a much better case to sign if he leaves NY

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
:laugh: The team went nuclear BAD this year. Your 2 best players are 30+ and are battling injuries. MB is trying to push one of those 30 goal scorers out of the picture and more then enough rumors to push Galchenyuk out of the picture too. Sure sounds like a place a guy wants to go for the next 7 yrs of his life....especially if the team continues to stagnate, lord the media pressure he'll have to deal with(which he's said to hate).

SJS is going to make a much better case to sign if he leaves NY

Damn you seem to know what's going on behind the scenes. You must be an insider. My belief is if he wants to push them out, like you say, then he will get something back in return, not just throw them in the thrash.

But whatever, if you want to keep shitting on my team go ahead, I don't really care TBH. NJ and Philly got the top 2 pick last year and now are in playoffs.

While I agree that places like St.Louis or SJ are looking more sexy for him, I don't try to exclude every other teams' fans proposals by telling them they have no chances. And I'm just discussing what could be an incentive for Tavares to come here. But ypu seem to know exactly what's going on everywhere in the NHL so give me your e-mail adress, I'll contact you directly instead of discussing possibilities on a discussion website.

No one in their right mind in MTL thinks he's going to come, no UFA ever comes here. All I did was point out what we have which is : wingers and money and established top goalie and D-man.

Have a good day sir

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Damn you seem to know what's going on behind the scenes. You must be an insider. My belief is if he wants to push them out, like you say, then he will get something back in return, not just throw them in the thrash.

But whatever, if you want to keep ****ting on my team go ahead, I don't really care TBH. NJ and Philly got the top 2 pick last year and now are in playoffs.

While I agree that places like St.Louis or SJ are looking more sexy for him, I don't try to exclude every other teams' fans proposals by telling them they have no chances. And I'm just discussing what could be an incentive for Tavares to come here. But ypu seem to know exactly what's going on everywhere in the NHL so give me your e-mail adress, I'll contact you directly instead of discussing possibilities on a discussion website.

No one in their right mind in MTL thinks he's going to come, no UFA ever comes here. All I did was point out what we have which is : wingers and money and established top goalie and D-man.

Have a good day sir
You go ahead and have that pity party.

We are discussing the pros and cons of which teams could draw him. I've accepted the Blues coaching, goaltending and seemingly toxic locker room are big cons and may outweigh the pros of Stl. I've accepted that, but make the argument that those issues aren't hard to address. I don't see the same from Montreal fans.

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
San Jose going deeper into the playoffs is just increasing their chances at Tavares. All indications and rumors suggest SJ intends to try to sign him, they have the need and plenty of cap space and the better they play the more attractive they will be. If Tavares leaves it will be for a team that will be getting more wins than he is used to with NYI. Not a good year for STL to miss the playoffs...

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
San Jose going deeper into the playoffs is just increasing their chances at Tavares. All indications and rumors suggest SJ intends to try to sign him, they have the need and plenty of cap space and the better they play the more attractive they will be. If Tavares leaves it will be for a team that will be getting more wins than he is used to NYI. Not a good year for STL to miss the playoffs...
Nope, but I can see Blues management trying to sell him on the same narrative that injuries crippled the Blues....:rolleyes:. They didn't help, but wasnt the case Imo. They'll try to sell him on this being a transition year and only missed by 1pt in a brutal division..etc etc. San Jose is definitely going to make a great case

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
San Jose going deeper into the playoffs is just increasing their chances at Tavares. All indications and rumors suggest SJ intends to try to sign him, they have the need and plenty of cap space and the better they play the more attractive they will be. If Tavares leaves it will be for a team that will be getting more wins than he is used to NYI. Not a good year for STL to miss the playoffs...

Completely agree and yet as Dbrownss aluded to the Blues problems can be boiled down to their HC and starting tender which are relatively easy to address. Their recent seasons other than this year where they had horrendous injuries also included annual trips to the PO's including winning several rounds. I would argue that the Blues have a core that would be more attractive than SJ though I still view them as a serious contender for JT.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I still can't believe the Islanders didn't trade him. It seems really irresponsible. Even at the deadline, he'd get 3-4 solid pieces that would help them going forward.

They were almost certainly out of the running for the playoffs and had to have some indication that Tavares intended to stick it out and test the market on July 1st. If Tavares intended to test the market, why not trade him? It wouldn't disqualify the Islanders from talking to him like everybody else on July 1st.

Any Islanders fans who are well versed in the team, what am I missing here? Is there any real justification for the Islanders not adding multiple assets at the deadline? Was Tavares stringing the team along?

Reactions: cptjeff

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Tavares will get the money he wants everywhere

hes gonna pick the place he wants to play
Hes gonna look at the team before signing , if they have a decent team , decent prospect , good city , small medias (he hates them confirmed by him more than once)

So forget big markets , unless he changed his mind.
San Jose looks a great choice if SJ make it far and They dont resign Big Joe.

Martin jones is solid , good Defs , good veteran forwards and good prospects
Under the sun of California , no media
Perfect place for him.

Toronto can make the media small for him. We'll just put Tavares in a bubble. No verbal interactions allowed. Only body language based interviews.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ya man Because Toronto clearly need more centers , after looking at that putrid D u should invest there

Pittsburgh has won the past two cups with a no name D and an unstoppable offense coupled with good goaltending.

I think Tavares brings more value to the Leafs than any D not named Doughty. If Tavares wants to come to the Leafs, the Leafs would be stupid to pass on him on the off chance that a super star UFA D would want to come to Toronto in the future.

Matthews, Tavares, and Kadri down the middle? Yes please. Who cares if your D isn't great when you can have that kind of centre depth.

Ideally, it would make sense to sign Tavares to a max contract for one year as a trial and see how it goes. I doubt Tavares would forsake his financial security because injuries are unpredictable but it would allow him to make a lot of money and then sign a big deal with either the Leafs or walk.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Not sure if this has been discussed yet but Babcock is a proponent of growth through mentor-ship. I could see Babcock making a compelling case for Tavaras to show Matthews how best to be a pro.

Just a thought.

I still think if he hits UFA status Montreal is the place that will offer him the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad