Speculation: Where does Tavares end up??

Where does Tavares end up??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Thread title says it all. And i consider NYI being one of the answers.

A lot of speculation here in Mtl, he comes with the Habs but it is the usual biased speculation/bs we ear for every notable player becoming available.

I personaly think there is a small possibility he comes with Mtl but not more than that.

So where do you think he ends up?

Reactions: 37Bergenov14

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
St. Louis.

Any talk of him going to the Rangers is madness. Although I'd love it, it contradicts their rebuild and it doesn't make sense for him to go to a team that's going backwards right now. If that was the case, he might as well just stay with the Islanders.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The Blues are going to make a hard run at him if he makes it to FA. If I had to pick a team now I would say he stays with NYI but I'd love to have him on the Blues centering Tarasenko.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Habs will be all over him
I don't think it's a good idea for him to sign here
I would go to San Jose if I were him

I don't know. Habs are so bad at center. He would have an outstanding effect on the team's results. With him in the lineup, every forward is going back to his proper chair.

Habs would only miss a proper LHD to play with Weber and the next draft could provide this.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I don't know. Habs are so bad at center. He would have an outstanding effect on the team's results. With him in the lineup, every forward is going back to his proper chair.

Habs would only miss a proper LHD to play with Weber and the next draft could provide this.

Tavares alone will not be able to turn this team around, and even by adding Tavares and say moving Pacioretty, this team is not deep enough up front
We are a minimum of 2-3 offensive players away and finding Weber a partner to be able to just compete

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
It's honestly hard to predict this. What's his #1 priority? Is it to win or to get the largest paycheck he can? If it's winning, then he'll pick the team that gives him his best chance win. If it's an all factors are equally weighed type situation, then he'll look at a place that is a good family life combined with a good chance to win. If it's the highest paycheck, then I think he's severely limiting himself. There are going to be at least 26 teams vying for his services, if not all 31. The only teams I can't really see going after him hard are Nashville, Toronto (Marner, Matthews, and Nylander to sign, plus they need defense), Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, and Tampa. That's not to say any of those teams can't be involved, but they seem like the most complete at forward to me.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
San Jose makes some sense. Could be a surprise signing. Imagine if we kept Kane too. Assuming Ward, Boedker, Martin, etc. all go and Thornton doesn't get $8m again...

Couture - Tavares - Meier
Kane - Pavelski - Donskoi
Hertl - Thornton - Labanc
Goodrow - Tierney - Sorensen

I love that lineup.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
St. Louis.

Any talk of him going to the Rangers is madness. Although I'd love it, it contradicts their rebuild and it doesn't make sense for him to go to a team that's going backwards right now. If that was the case, he might as well just stay with the Islanders.

Concur except as to SL destination.
Could be.
But I think he seriously considers Toronto.

They have the emerging young core, ample $, and can flip a Kadri or similar to get cap space.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
With the AVS it's will be crazy 1-2 punch like Crosby-Malkin. I'm sure the AVS will be contender with JT.
Landy-Mackinnon-Rant (best line in production this year)
TJ-JT-JTC

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I could see Hawks pushing for him somehow but unlikely destination for him.

And yes we have the cap space for him if we trade Anisimov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad