Speculation: Where does Tavares end up??

Where does Tavares end up??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I still say St. Louis, they fit all of the criteria he'd most likely be looking for...

- Stable ownership, as Isles ownership has been rocky in the past.

- No issues with an arena.

- He can blend in when out in public there, unlike somewhere like Toronto or Montreal where he'd be in the spotlight constantly and from what I've heard, he doesn't like that.

- Nice and quiet suburban living conditions, as he stated he likes it on Long Island.

- Competitive team with a young core that only needs a couple of more pieces to win it all, him being one of those pieces.

- Will be able to offer a sizable contract to him.

I think it's just too good of a fit, it makes almost too much sense.

Isles ownership is as solid as it's ever been. To the point where they were willing to diminish the teams over all value in the short term to get a better arena deal. Which brings me to point 2, not only do the Islanders have an arena coming in Belmont.... but they are announcing plans for another arena in Suffolk with a potential for a third (again in Suffolk) down the line. There are zero arena issues.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Isles ownership is as solid as it's ever been. To the point where they were willing to diminish the teams over all value in the short term to get a better arena deal. Which brings me to point 2, not only do the Islanders have an arena coming in Belmont.... but they are announcing plans for another arena in Suffolk with a potential for a third (again in Suffolk) down the line. There are zero arena issues.

That's why I said in the past. St. Louis ownership has never had any major problems like the Islanders ownership has in the past.

The Islanders came out and said that they have "no interest" in the Ronkonkoma plan. We'll see if that stays the same over time. Haven't heard about a 3rd plan, but even then, these are just plans.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
That's why I said in the past. St. Louis ownership has never had any major problems like the Islanders ownership has in the past.

The Islanders came out and said that they have "no interest" in the Ronkonkoma plan. We'll see if that stays the same over time. Haven't heard about a 3rd plan, but even then, these are just plans.

That's silly reasoning. Do people not want to sign with Chicago because Bill Wirtz owned the team in the past? And of course the Islanders have no interest in Ronkonkoma, they just hammered out a deal to play in Belmont... the point is they have plenty of options even if somehow Belmont fell through.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Tavares might see Matthews and himself comparable to Malkin-Crosby in Pittsburgh. It would be a logical choice. I wish it doesn't happen as a Habs fan though.

We have Pacioretty, Drouin, Galchenyuk and Gallagher all waiting for real centers. Please come in MTL John !!!

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Tavares might see Matthews and himself comparable to Malkin-Crosby in Pittsburgh. It would be a logical choice. I wish it doesn't happen as a Habs fan though.

We have Pacioretty, Drouin, Galchenyuk and Gallagher all waiting for real centers. Please come in MTL John !!!
Those two would be closer to Kopitar - Carter than Crosby - Malkin

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY

Or maybe he sees that in a Tavares/Barzal tandem?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Pacioretty is as good as gone, Even with Tavares with Prices health issues good luck convincing JT to sign there Habs will still struggle to make the playoffs..

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
well then what's the holdup

Since before the season started he said he wasn't going to make a decision until after the season. On clean out day he was asked again and said he was going to take some time and reiterated his desire to stay here (for the 10000000th time) None of what has happened so far is unexpected.... except here on HF where reality ceases to exist.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Yes a draft pick and a good prospect.....I'm sure that's a great selling point.

Who said a draft pick and a good prospect? Every rumor regarding Pacioretty says that MB wants a roster player+

Even without Pacioretty, Tavares can play with 2 of Drouin, Galchenyuk, and Gallagher

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016

"they" who is "they"? some group who has no affiliation with the Islanders is in talks to build an arena way out in Suffolk? how does that have anything to do with the Islanders?

and this Arena is hopefully going to be built by year 4 of the next Tavares contract, and we know damn well nothing is set in stone as far as it getting built, so for at least 35% of his next contract he is guaranteed to play in the minor league arena in Nassau or that embarrassing abortion of an arena in Brooklyn, so if the arena is an issue with Tavares it is no doubt a negative the Islanders have against them and I have no doubt it is an issue.

Last edited:

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Or maybe he sees that in a Tavares/Barzal tandem?

if Tavares saw that he would have signed in January, as I said if the emergence of Barzal did not put visions of Kane/ Toews and Malkin/Crosby in his head (along with this new arena that everyone said was the key to getting him signed) than I am guessing he had no intention of ever re-signing here.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Who said a draft pick and a good prospect? Every rumor regarding Pacioretty says that MB wants a roster player+

Even without Pacioretty, Tavares can play with 2 of Drouin, Galchenyuk, and Gallagher
Notice how Pacioretty is still a Habs.....whatever the Habs get back wont be as good as Pacioretty.

As for Drouin, Galchenyuk and Gallagher.....:rolleyes:. No chance he leaves the Islanders for that epic lineup

Reactions: 67Blues

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Those two would be closer to Kopitar - Carter than Crosby - Malkin
OK ill bite.

Dont know who would be Carter (p>
Matthews, Kopitar and Tavares are all between .90 and .93 ppg over there career.
As the youngest (and in the middle ppg wise) id assume Matthews has the biggest ability to grow.

Kopitar is the best defensively right now, but Matthews and Tavares are no slouches.

A Matthews Tavares 1-2 probably wouldnt be as world beating as Crosby-Malkin in almost any scenario since C-M are probably in the top few 1-2C combos ever.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Non-Islander fans should take everything this character says with a grain of salt.

"they" who is "they"? some group who has no affiliation with the Islanders is in talks to build an arena way out in Suffolk? how does that have anything to do with the Islanders?

and this Arena is hopefully going to be built by year 4 of the next Tavares contract, and we know damn well nothing is set in stone as far as it getting built, so for at least 35% of his next contract he is guaranteed to play in the minor league arena in Nassau or that embarrassing abortion of an arena in Brooklyn, so if the arena is an issue with Tavares it is no doubt a negative the Islanders have against them and I have no doubt it is an issue.

Who cares who is building it? The Islanders didn't build Barclays and they played there. The arena in Ronkonkoma is going to be 17k+ seats and built for hockey. The point is, there are options and the Islanders aren't moving out of the market. Tavares said he would play in Barclays with improvements, so him staying has ZERO to do with commute.

if Tavares saw that he would have signed in January, as I said if the emergence of Barzal did not put visions of Kane/ Toews and Malkin/Crosby in his head (along with this new arena that everyone said was the key to getting him signed) than I am guessing he had no intention of ever re-signing here.

You do not listen. He stated a million times he wasn't going to sign until after the season. When he does sign, I'm going to specifically call you out on it every chance I get on the Islander board for being such an incessant chicken little over the subject. Your arguments are not based in reality.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Notice how Pacioretty is still a Habs.....whatever the Habs get back wont be as good as Pacioretty.

As for Drouin, Galchenyuk and Gallagher.....:rolleyes:. No chance he leaves the Islanders for that epic lineup

Still a better chance than him leaving for a team without a capable goalie like the blues.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Still a better chance than him leaving for a team without a capable goalie like the blues.
No, not really. Even atrocious Allen was better then Price last year, but Oh I'm sure captian fatigue will rebound just fine.......

With that said, I doubt he goes to Stl either.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Non-Islander fans should take everything this character says with a grain of salt.

why cuz I am right on just about everything I say and people who are lacking in intelligence hate me for it?
Who cares who is building it? The Islanders didn't build Barclays and they played there. The arena in Ronkonkoma is going to be 17k+ seats and built for hockey. The point is, there are options and the Islanders aren't moving out of the market. Tavares said he would play in Barclays with improvements, so him staying has ZERO to do with commute.

you really think the Islanders are going to move out to bumblef*** Ronkonkoma when they are drawing garbage in Brooklyn and their historical homeland in Nassau? Might as well build a 17,000 seat arena in Fire Island and say that is the Islanders next home?:laugh:

You do not listen. He stated a million times he wasn't going to sign until after the season. When he does sign, I'm going to specifically call you out on it every chance I get on the Islander board for being such an incessant chicken little over the subject. Your arguments are not based in reality
and if he does not re-sign are you going to eat any crow, or are you one of these clueless people who are going to say IT IS SNOWS FAULT!!!

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
What? The Leafs are not desperate. We would only offer a max contract for one year. Leafs don't need Tavares but it would be great to have him.

You can't win with a player making that much money.

Leafs would be much better suited to go after Karlsson/Doughty

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

Uh...no man. Blues have a much, much better chance of getting Tavares. In fact I think the plethora of non-Blues fans who have them as the top destination or at the very least top 3-4 short list should be a pretty damn good indication that they have a great chance of signing him. I'm not trying to be mean here but Tavares going to the Habs is fantasy land level delusion. The only ppl who think he's going to the Habs...are Habs fans.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Uh...no man. Blues have a much, much better chance of getting Tavares. In fact I think the plethora of non-Blues fans who have them as the top destination or at the very least top 3-4 short list should be a pretty damn good indication that they have a great chance of signing him. I'm not trying to be mean here but Tavares going to the Habs is fantasy land level delusion. The only ppl who think he's going to the Habs...are Habs fans.

lol you really think that what fans think on this forum is a good indication of where Tavares is going? The same fans who thought that Duchene was going to return a bag of pucks. The same fans who create daily reactionary thread which never ends up true? Give me a break. Your argument is as bad as people creating a poll to prove their point.

Reactions: HabsQC

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Since before the season started he said he wasn't going to make a decision until after the season. On clean out day he was asked again and said he was going to take some time and reiterated his desire to stay here (for the 10000000th time) None of what has happened so far is unexpected.... except here on HF where reality ceases to exist.

sounds like he really wants to stay. you've convinced me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad