What's the worst word/saying on this site

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Anything "Of All Time!" (save, player, etc)

The "anyone who disagrees doesn't know anything about hockey" tactic.

Calling people haters because they are critical of a player.

Honorable Mention:

Salty
AINEC
/thread

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
For me, it's whenever people title their threads in the form of a question. It's such an intellectually lazy way to introduce a point without the responsibility of arguing for or against it. For example instead of the title "Is Jarome Iginla a first ballot Hall of Famer?", make it "Jarome Iginla is/is not a first ballot Hall of Famer" and argue your point in your post.

Go take a look at the front page right now and you'll see what I'm talking about. Now you won't be able to unsee it and it will bother you every time.

Isn't asking a question, starting a conversation? You know, find out what other people think on a message board.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
In the world, sure. In professional hockey, no.

Think of an absolutely back-breaking goal that ended your favorite team's season or altered their season in that direction.

I could give you 13-15 of those that Girardi has been on the ice for. He has been on the ice for literally every huge playoff goal against the Rangers in the last 10 years. That's no exaggeration.

You do know that anyone that gets paid to play hockey is a professional (i.e. NHL, AHL, ECHL)?

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Not sure if this is the place for it but I cringe when I read this:

“All the research that we do on a regular basis tells us overwhelmingly our fans like the shootout,”
- Gary Bettman

No. We. Don't.

I do. Yes, I would rather have games go into overtime until there is a winner. But I understand why the NHL doesn't do it in the regular season. So, yes I like the shootout.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
The growing cliche thumbing noses at "quantity for quality" for pretty standard package type proposals.

The phrase was from the days when people would propose like a 5 for 1 with no single piece better than a 3rd rounder or their team's 12th best prospect. Now it's people getting offended at trades that don't involve a blue chip prospect.

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
"Locker room cancer" - firstly because to describe anyone as cancer is extremely distasteful and secondly the people who use it never know if the person they are applying it to are a disruptive influence or not, they only have half-arsed internet rumours to go on.

Reactions: 555Upstairs

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Anything that has this format:

Laine/Matthews/McDavid is/has the *insert catchphrase of the week here* in the league, no comparison/equal.

Not so much because the statement is bad (although it is), but the insufferable defenders of the other 2 slighted players turn each and every thread that start this way into a cesspool of idioticy and regurgitated bias. No one, repeat, NO ONE out side of your fan base actually cares. It's worse when it's Laine/Matthews. We get it, so could you stop shoving it down our throats non-stop?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00