What's the worst word/saying on this site

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.
Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.
Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Perfect

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017

Are you trying to break the internet or just give the grammar police an aneurysm?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Well said Ricky.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Hoefully, you have copy write permutations for that ramp

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
When posters try to talk down to the other poster they are debating with and giving stupid names like

"Bud"
"Junior"
"Chief"
"kid"
oh and how can I forget "Pal"

Reactions: Huokaus

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX

I refuse to be one of your sick of ants.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
People trying to use the term/concept Confirmation Bias always drove me nuts.

I can only assume that one user had just learned about it in school and applied it to a discussion on HF, then someone linked the Wiki page about it, and then for a while all people said when you got into a discussion was, "This is pure confirmation bias..." rather than engaging in any sort of discussion or debate.

I don't know if it spread to all of HF, but for a while it made the Sens forum almost unreadable.

I haven't seen it used as much, so hopefully I haven't kick started it.

I'm now wondering if I am going to regret posting this....

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
By far the worse when discussing hockey is you must be a 'hater'. This never improves a poster's position in a discussion. It is actually a sign the poster has lost the discussion when this is used as a reply.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
When posters try to talk down to the other poster they are debating with and giving stupid names like

"Bud"
"Junior"
"Chief"
"kid"
oh and how can I forget "Pal"
LOL I don't think I've ever seen these in all my years

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
By far the worse when discussing hockey is you must be a 'hater'. This never improves a poster's position in a discussion. It is actually a sign the poster has lost the discussion when this is used as a reply.

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser"

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
LOL I don't think I've ever seen these in all my years
Kid was big on here many years ago. It seemed like people were assuming the date a poster joined HF reflected their actual age! :laugh:
"Junior" was another popular shot here 10-12 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad