What's the worst word/saying on this site

RyWy

May 26, 2011
Michigan
Generational has lost all meaning.

Also the "Whats going on with -insert player or team-" after two games.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
My Autocorrect (an Apple) doesn't recognize peoples names or short forms that we use in hockey forum. Maddening.
You would think after manual correcting many times, it would recognize my spelling as being correct, but it doesn't.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I really hate when people use the word "Excellent". Nobody uses that word in real life/regular conversation. It just makes me cringe.

Such as "Excellent game by _______ today", or "That play by ______ was excellent".

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
People using hockey nicknames (Puls, Yams, Slepy, Lets), and people mentioning their fantasy team which no one gives a shit about. "Don't know if it matters but just picked him up in my keeper league and it is looking gooood".

Reactions: Huokaus

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
I really hate when people use the word "Excellent". Nobody uses that word in real life/regular conversation. It just makes me cringe.

Such as "Excellent game by _______ today", or "That play by ______ was excellent".
Maybe not people you know. But I hear and use it all the time at work.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

no no. this one is "superior" now. do you think it makes you sound smart calling someone superior???? I have nonidea why people want to use it.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Loose instead of Lose

And slightly annoying, but unintended. Autocorrect likes to turn Preds into Press. I know I've done it a few times, and you have to read a sentence a few times to make sense of it.
Autocorrect always changes Leafs to Leads. I guess its understandable, not Autocorrect's fault that the team doesn't know how to spell "Leaves"

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
Anytime someone refers to a team as "we", "us" or any other use of words that implies ownership or inclusion in the team. Posts like "We showed good hustle out there tonight" or "Our PP was unstoppable tonight".

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Player X is from _____________ (Insert suburb of GTA), therefore he will sign with the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->