What would you do with the 1st overall pick if you were the Celtics GM?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
WTF do the Sixers have that would jar the #1 overall pick away from the Celtics?

If anything, if you 100% decide to trade it should be going for an established player. Philly doesn't really have any of that.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The rumor is the Celtics get #3 overall this year, plus the Lakers' pick next year (unprotected), maybe plus a future Sixers 1st.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That's actually kinda nuts if they do then. Good lord all trade down 2 spots plus get potentially 2 more years of top 5 picks.

At that point you have to take those picks and make a move. That's simply too much to just sit on and use.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Wonder if Okafor is involved

Right now the rumor is Boston trading the # 1 pick to Philly for the # 3 pick and either Philly's 2018 1st round or the Lakers 2018 1st round pick - some reports are saying that all 3 picks might be going to Boston with the Celtics sending another player or pick to the 76ers. A new rumor popping up has the Lakers possibly offering the # 2 pick and Julius Randle to Boston for the top pick.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Right now the rumor is Boston trading the # 1 pick to Philly for the # 3 pick and either Philly's 2018 1st round or the Lakers 2018 1st round pick - some reports are saying that all 3 picks might be going to Boston with the Celtics sending another player or pick to the 76ers. A new rumor popping up has the Lakers possibly offering the # 2 pick and Julius Randle to Boston for the top pick.

Another rumor has a 3 way deal between the Sixers, Celtics and Bulls. I think it's something like:

Sixers get: 2017 #1
Bulls get: Okafor, Brooklyn's 2018 First Round Draft Pick, and Los Angeles' 2018 First Round Draft Pick
Celtics get: Butler and 2017 #3

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Another rumor has a 3 way deal between the Sixers, Celtics and Bulls. I think it's something like:

Sixers get: 2017 #1
Bulls get: Okafor, Brooklyn's 2018 First Round Draft Pick, and Los Angeles' 2018 First Round Draft Pick
Celtics get: Butler and 2017 #3

They are probably trading two places down, because they are going to pick Lauri Markkanen and they want to be sure that no one else takes him first. Markkanen is going to play at Boston Celtics. Mark this up.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They are probably trading two places down, because they are going to pick Lauri Markkanen and they want to be sure that no one else takes him first. Markkanen is going to play at Boston Celtics. Mark this up.

Could trade down a lot more than 2 spots if they want Markkanen.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

You have officially become HFBoard's version of LaVar Ball. I'm starting to hope this kid flops - unless he is actually picked by the Celtics. :laugh:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
The scenario for that is the Sixers trading #3 to the Kings for #5 and #10. They then take Monk at 5 and possibly Markkanen at 10. Markkanen is interesting but he's not going in the top 5 in this draft.

Then NBA should hire me as a scout if they have idiots who can't recognize what kind of monster Markkanen is going to be. They won't get him at 10 anymore. Probably goes to Boston at first pick.

He is going to be a huge player.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Then NBA should hire me as a scout if they have idiots who can't recognize what kind of monster Markkanen is going to be. They won't get him at 10 anymore. Probably goes to Boston at first pick.

So if he ends up like Jan Vesely what are you going to say then?

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
So if he ends up like Jan Vesely what are you going to say then?

Can't see that happening. He has all what it takes to success in NBA. You can call me expert, because i notice these thinks before ordinary fan has even heard about them.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

:laugh: first pick? Mannnnnn, get outta here.

He's definitely intriguing, but not with 1OA. Nothing's impossible, but that's a huuuge stretch.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
:laugh: first pick? Mannnnnn, get outta here.

He's definitely intriguing, but not with 1OA. Nothing's impossible, but that's a huuuge stretch.

What ever man, no one should be surprised after Markkanen is way better player than Fultz or Ball in future. Arizona coach said he was the most ready player for NBA he ever seen on the team and he also said that his style fits better for NBA than College Basketball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad