What the hell happened to Ottawa?

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Just wait until playoff time
Guy will get the wipe out and Sens will play the trap style for the playoffs again

iBELEAF

May 30, 2011
Vancouver
Wasn't there a thread talking about how bad Boucher has been in each of the second season hes coached?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Karlsson is going to take some time to get back to his level. That injury was a major one, and I've seen players who take many many months to get their game back. It may not even come back this season.

As Karlsson goes, so do the sens. Its as simple as that.

I dont know how he goes 17 points in 11 games before falling off the face of the earth though.

Wonder if he had a setback.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

Teamoo

Jan 20, 2016
Goaltending. That's the difference from last year. (See the Oilers)

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ottawa will be fine.

They were only 1 game away from going to the Stanley Cup final last year.
I wish they won the cup instead of Pittsburgh.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
  • They out-performed their gf/ga pythagorean expectation last season
  • Boucher has a one year shelf life
  • Anderson alternates good/bad years
  • They traded their 1C mid-season
  • Karlsson had off-season surgery

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Their superstar hasn't been a superstar, understandably so. As EK goes, the sens go. Once he returns to form, Ottawa will be back in the mix.

They were never a great team, but they always had Karlsson.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
They traded for Duchene and he has 1 goal 1 assist and is a -9. They need him to be better then he has been and him being so poor is a good part of their problems.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
The Sens Management Plan

1. Hire Coach
  2. Wait one year
  3. Sign him
  4. Fire him near end of year
  5. Repeat

In the past 10 years Ottawa has gone through Murray, Paddock, Murray again, Hartsburg, Clouston, Walrace , Cameron and now Boucher. 8 different coaching changes. Do players even get time to learn a system before they are forced to forget it?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
advanced stats mean something, even when a team overachieves them thanks to great goaltending and a singular super elite performer.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
XJGZ2
XJGZ2
nevermind I give up

Reactions: Evil Little

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Didn't Karlsson's slump start right around the Turris trade?

I mean, maybe they were close and it's gutted him or maybe he's bummed out knowing that he is playing for a franchise that doesn't want to pay guys. His contract comments a few days ago line up with a guy who has seen what happens when it is time to get paid. Maybe his heart isn't in Ottawa the same anymore (speculation, I know..... but it is a message board after all).

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
IIRC, their underlying stats are bad. So maybe it's just Ottawa coming back to Earth just like the Avs, Leafs and Flames of years past did.

You are kidding yourself if you think this is how they played in the previous year. They defended the middle of the ice really well and limited second chances. Lately they've been giving free looks infront of the net.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
advanced stats mean something, even when a team overachieves them thanks to great goaltending and a singular super elite performer.
Except when they don't, context matters every time, so why don't we drop the advanced stats and just use context?

Ottawa won but they had terrible advanced stats, Montreal/Boston/LA had great advanced stats but didn't win anything. Iirc the cup winner was in the bottom half of advanced stats of all the playoff teams... what does it all mean Zeke, what does it all mean.

Reactions: branch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad