What if Mario had missed?

VladNYC*

Wow what a thread. Full of bigots, turn coat traitors, apologists, self apointed hockey experts, psuedo historians, flag waiving homers. I can't wait till the WJC and the WC.

I wonder who Tighina will be rooting for :sarcasm:

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Balderis may be the best example but it does not mean he was the only one that did not make it for one reason or another. Tikhonov did not take players based on how successful their careers were, but based more on how good the player's form was in the time approaching a tournament. Which makes sense, but some will say that this bad (like it does not take into accouint experience). Many Soviet fans were always upset when players of their favorite club team, players who might have been among the best in the Soviet Union, did not make the national team for the reason stated above or any other. So one can also look on Soviet players' careers and say that some of the best Soviet players did not play at one time or another.

Wow! I can't reply to this because anything I say would be a warnable offence. You are not worth the time. Are you actually equating coaches decision with unavailable players? Words cannot describe your complete and total lack of logic and hockey knowledge.

I'm done here.

VladNYC*

... and people who just plain enjoy labels.

A spade is a spade. A true russian would defend him self against being called a traitor.I guess you have lived in the west too long to remember what being called that used to mean. Instead of defending your self, you go for the western underhanded passive agressive BS. Why don't you do us all a favor and change your flag to the country you live in bratan. We had enough Russians selling out the motherland in the 90s with out you, we don't need any more.

espo*

... and people who just plain enjoy labels.

That would be Vlad.

Everybody who agrees with him on his views on the olympics/world championships=nice reasonable guys

Canadian fans who think he's 100% incapable of seeing any side other then his own= Bigots

Russian fans who think the same thing=turncoat traitors

He's dramatic to say the least.Now if only he could be accurate when doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

espo*

A spade is a spade. A true russian would defend him self against being called a traitor.I guess you have lived in the west too long to remember what being called that used to mean. Instead of defending your self, you go for the western underhanded passive agressive BS. Why don't you do us all a favor and change your flag to the country you live in bratan. We had enough Russians selling out the motherland in the 90s with out you, we don't need any more.

I thought you were the big defender of stamping out bigotry/intolerance around here?

LOL. Read you like a book a few weeks ago.

Karamahti*

I told you why. You get very picky because of a player or two and assume they would have been the difference. Also you assume that the Soviets had the best roster possible (and there is not really such a thing).

Player or two? I gave you a dozen names including one 50-goal scorer, one all star d-man and others. How is that player or two?

Tighina

Sep 22, 2005
Maryland

:biglaugh:

It's funny because it's 70 years too late. Contemporise, man.

Karamahti*

We had enough Russians selling out the motherland in the 90s with out you, we don't need any more.

Somehow that rhetoric reminds me of a document I saw about russian skinhead supremacists marching in the woods in the middle of nowhere and shouting sieg heil. Their leader had some similar views.

KariyaIsGod*

Do you type your posts from a laptop in Lenin's mosoleum?

It's time for you to grow and flow with the times a little bit. :shakehead

VladNYC*

Somehow that rhetoric reminds me of a document I saw about russian skinhead supremacists marching in the woods in the middle of nowhere and shouting sieg heil. Their leader had some similar views.

Every russian will tell you about those who sold our country out like a whore in the 90s. It is well documented and written about. AS for skinheads, they are the scumb of the earth. But being from Finland you would know about nazis and skinheads wouldn't you. Ironic that you would accuse a Russian of nazisim when your own country trys so hard to hide it's nazi past. We were talking about hockey, if you want to talk about the Waffen SS Wiking Division, make a seperate thread ok?

VladNYC*

:biglaugh:

It's funny because it's 70 years too late. Contemporise, man.

All the giggling in the world won't win your arguments for you. You will have to excuse my old fashioned nature though, i wasn't raised by self loathing apologists so i really can't relate to you. Why don't you talk about American Hockey accomplishments instead Mr. Maryland? Leave Russian hockey to Russians.

VladNYC*

I thought you were the big defender of stamping out bigotry/intolerance around here?

LOL. Read you like a book a few weeks ago.

The dislike of a single person is not bigotry. Must you get schooled in your own language by a foreigner again? REad me like a book eh? Seems like i was the first.

VladNYC*

Do you type your posts from a laptop in Lenin's mosoleum?

It's time for you to grow and flow with the times a little bit. :shakehead

This i would like to hear. What flow do you speak of? What has changed? Because communisim fell that means we are all BFF now?

espo*

The dislike of a single person is not bigotry. Must you get schooled in your own language by a foreigner again? REad me like a book eh? Seems like i was the first.

How can anyone ever get schooled by an outright fool? You could be a professor and that would'nt make you any less of one.

Everyones caught on to you by this point.You can't hide behind politically correct catch phrases and English lessons anymore to hide your pigheaded and irritating personality. If you ever did have any capital around here with that it's been long gone for awhile now.

Karamahti*

Ironic that you would accuse a Russian of nazisim when your own country trys so hard to hide it's nazi past. We were talking about hockey, if you want to talk about the Waffen SS Wiking Division, make a seperate thread ok?
I don´t recall accusing you of anything. If you wish to discuss about the mutual history between russia and finland and the events that lead to our co-operation with germany, I´m more than willing to participate. What I don´t understand is dragging politics into hockey conversation or ultranationalistic rhetorics when talking about 20-yo hockey players or games played 25 years ago. Seems a bit silly.

Tighina

Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Leave Russian hockey to Russians.

Now you are too early. November 4 is the Russian Nazi Day, wait a couple of weeks.
Speaking of flags, I wonder what the meaning of the Moldovan one is. A true patriot will not promote a country that is allied with Georgia, dontchaknow. Do I detect a faint smell of mamalighuta cu brinza mit mititei there?

KariyaIsGod*

This i would like to hear. What flow do you speak of? What has changed? Because communisim fell that means we are all BFF now?

It mean we are no longer at war. There is no reason for you to hate this part f the world or for me to hate that part of the world you live in.

You obviously harbor some EXCESSIVELY patriotic feelings for your country, and some hate for North America. That's unecessary.

Seriosuly though, have you visited the mosoleum? If yes, is it wierd?

VladNYC*

I don´t recall accusing you of anything. If you wish to discuss about the mutual history between russia and finland and the events that lead to our co-operation with germany, I´m more than willing to participate. What I don´t understand is dragging politics into hockey conversation or ultranationalistic rhetorics when talking about 20-yo hockey players or games played 25 years ago. Seems a bit silly.

Oh please how many times have your posts been edited by the mods for you bringing politics and other BS into threads about russian hockey?

VladNYC*

Now you are too early. November 4 is the Russian Nazi Day, wait a couple of weeks.
Speaking of flags, I wonder what the meaning of the Moldovan one is. A true patriot will not promote a country that is allied with Georgia, dontchaknow. Do I detect a faint smell of mamalighuta cu brinza mit mititei there?

Russian Antifa is as strong as ever. This Nov 4 will be a bloody day for Russian Nazis. Why the Moldovian flag? Simple, i was born there, in Kishinev(before it got changed to Chisinau via all that moldovian BS) which back then was a Russian/Jewish city. I am not a mamalizhnik, im half Russian half Jewish. I lived in Russia during the **** storm of the 90s. I love Kishinev and Moldova, always have and always will, reguardless of what the idiots in power do. It is a beautifull place and i actually just recently bought out all our old properties in Kishinev and in Koblevo( in the Ukraine on the black sea where i spent my summers during the USSR times). I will admit i do love brinza and mititei. I never claimed to be Captain Russia, i just know an apologist when i see one. It's ok, it must be hard being Russian in Maryland, maybe if u lived in NYC, you wouldn't be so ashmed of your history.

VladNYC*

It mean we are no longer at war. There is no reason for you to hate this part f the world or for me to hate that part of the world you live in.

You obviously harbor some EXCESSIVELY patriotic feelings for your country, and some hate for North America. That's unecessary.

Seriosuly though, have you visited the mosoleum? If yes, is it wierd?

We were never at war and aren't now either. That being said, a change in government doesn't make friends out of foes. You should pay more attention to world news. How are my patriotic feelings EXCESSIVE? What because the flag they are directed to is a different arangement of Red, White and Blue? I don't hate north america, i just hate lies about my home from people who have never lived there.

And yes i have been to visit lenin. As a little kid i always had a strange unfounded hypothesis that if u licked him, he was salty, since he was preserved and all.

VladNYC*

How can anyone ever get schooled by an outright fool? You could be a professor and that would'nt make you any less of one.

Everyones caught on to you by this point.You can't hide behind politically correct catch phrases and English lessons anymore to hide your pigheaded and irritating personality. If you ever did have any capital around here with that it's been long gone for awhile now.

Give it a rest cyclops. If you are going to insult some one atleast don't use the same thing some one else said to you jsut a few posts back. Maybe i can send you a thesaurus and a dictionary for your b-day? When do you turn 13?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad