Post-Game Talk: whale

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
I would do a Lundkvist/Kravs package for a young top 6 guy, preferably a center.
Any of the young centers who can slot in as 2C are not available; nor should they be and I am not giving up on either of those guys for a non difference maker. Lundkvist is going to be really good and I want to see what Kravs does at the end of this year. If I'm moving him, it's in a year where we have a chance to challenge for the Cup; this aint it.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Sarcasm? If so, inserting Chytil and playing him on the 2nd line, gives us two lines with at least 6 guys with skill even if they disappoint us sometimes. Dryden Hunt cannot play on a scoring line. Chytil has a dynamite shot. If he was given the opportunities Kreider had tonight, I'm guessing we would have scored more than we did. He is getting a bad rap here after being completely mishandled by Gallant.

In a sense yes. Seems like when news came down that Chytil was going to be healthy scratched again people turned it into a referendum on McKegg. Chytil has 12 points. 12. And this was a kid pegged to take over the 2C from Strome by this fanbase. But he can't stay healthy. Apparently didn't play when he was sick the other night. I believe Micheletti said something to the effect that Chytil should've played sick. I don't know man. I think he's going to get traded.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Geo is a bad backup, but when he is inserted and he knows he is likely playing the next game, he performs. Very strange.
Yeah, he would be fine playing as a tandem. He’s seemingly not mentally strong enough to be a backup. Ive never really seen anything like this in the Nhl. His headcaseness is infectious too. when he lets up a bad goal the whole team plays like and feels his negative feelings. Its odd. He needs to be off this team playing as a starter somewhere.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
In a sense yes. Seems like when news came down that Chytil was going to be healthy scratched again people turned it into a referendum on McKegg. Chytil has 12 points. 12. And this was a kid pegged to take over the 2C from Strome by this fanbase. But he can't stay healthy. Apparently didn't play when he was sick the other night. I believe Micheletti said something to the effect that Chytil should've played sick. I don't know man. I think he's going to get traded.
He might, but in the meantime, he has shown at times skill that is top 6 skill. We have 4 or 5 forwards tops with top 6 skill. That 2nd line is not working with a plug on it. btw, Mckegg is an AHL player or a 4th liner on a non playoff team. He has no business in our lineup.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I'll never understand coaches just casually playing WITHOUT A f***ING GOALIE for three minutes.

Outside of one freak season that spoiled the goulash, that actually DOES NOT make you more likely to score.

FFVJbx6X0AMjErH

The NHL is unreasonably and irrationally married to a lot of stupid trends that make no sense, like importing grit and buying at the trade deadline.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Yeah, he would be fine playing as a tandem. He’s seemingly not mentally strong enough to be a backup. Ive never really seen anything like this in the Nhl. His headcaseness is infectious too. when he lets up a bad goal the whole team plays like and feels his negative feelings. Its odd. He needs to be off this team playing as a starter somewhere.
Agree.

Reactions: Cmox

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Kreider's expected goals was only 1.18? I don't believe that, should be at least 4.

Great seeing Laf play with good players though, even if he winds up having some rough games, keep him there, he's one of our best players right now.

Demko was awesome in the first, Rangers had a bunch of chances, 2nd period absolutely sucked, and then the third was a nice little push back, but most teams layoff up 4-0.

Link to the stats?

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Goodrow is not a top 6 player either; low skill guy. The answers are Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, and next year Othmann. Gallant is picking up where Quinn left off in killing our young forwards. If they don't develop, Igor goes without a cup and f*** the record. The kids should be the priority, period.
Understand where you are coming from, but Goodrow has more skill than Hunt and wlll go into the dirty areas. Chytil and Kravtsov are good trade fodder. Chytil will not go into the dirty areas and it seemed Kravtsov does not want to be here or too much of a legend in his own mind.
Goodrow might not be the best answer but maybe those 2 will bring back something that can.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider's expected goals was only 1.18? I don't believe that, should be at least 4.

Great seeing Laf play with good players though, even if he winds up having some rough games, keep him there, he's one of our best players right now.

Demko was awesome in the first, Rangers had a bunch of chances, 2nd period absolutely sucked, and then the third was a nice little push back, but most teams layoff up 4-0.
1.18 is actually like, crazy for one player.

If you did that every night, you would score 97 goals.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Any of the young centers who can slot in as 2C are not available; nor should they be and I am not giving up on either of those guys for a non difference maker. Lundkvist is going to be really good and I want to see what Kravs does at the end of this year. If I'm moving him, it's in a year where we have a chance to challenge for the Cup; this aint it.

Well I wouldn't trade those guys unless it was a difference maker. You never know who is available and what the other team needs. Im just assuming there is no chance Kravs plays here again. I would love to have him back but I don't think that is going to happen. We should use our D depth to bolster our offense either now or in the off season. Schneider has made Lundkvist movable.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I can't get over Gallant sacrificing his goaltender for a PP, and then playing a regular line (including Hunt and Reaves!!!) instead of his PP unit.

He has an obsession and I’m not sure I foresee him getting over it, but he has to.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
You are getting ahead of yourself. Laf has been much better. Kakko has missed like 2 months with an injury. He will be good. Over the next 2 years they will Othmann, Berard, and Cuylle and whomever else they draft and trade for. Goodrow belongs on 3rd line and will be there once they add.

Maybe tap the breaks on Penciling in Berard and Cuylle. It’s way early on them and even Othmann.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
He might, but in the meantime, he has shown at times skill that is top 6 skill. We have 4 or 5 forwards tops with top 6 skill. That 2nd line is not working with a plug on it. btw, Mckegg is an AHL player or a 4th liner on a non playoff team. He has no business in our lineup.

I don't disagree really regarding McKegg. But Chytil has been a disappointment for me. I expect more from him.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I don't disagree really regarding McKegg. But Chytil has been a disappointment for me. I expect more from him.

He has been but he needs to replace McKegg. There is no excuse for that. He has size and speed and has scored more than Mckegg, Hunt, Gauthier combined. He scored 4 points in 4 games on Panarin's line. Move him back there and move Goodrow down to 3rd.

Reactions: egelband

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
This team would look a lot different with Kakko, Blais, and Kravtsov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad