Post-Game Talk: whale

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Mika and Kreider cost Laf 4 or 5 points easily.Kreider must have had 10 shots on goal including 2 breakaways.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Strome might not even be here, maybe Goodrow on his line would help that situation
Goodrow is not a top 6 player either; low skill guy. The answers are Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, and next year Othmann. Gallant is picking up where Quinn left off in killing our young forwards. If they don't develop, Igor goes without a cup and f*** the record. The kids should be the priority, period.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
There need to be some real open trials for the Rangers bottom 6 next season.

Go on the UDFA market and find more candidates.

That doesn’t work. We have no money. That approach yields more McKeggs and Hunts.

What we needed to do was trade Kreider and Buch and Strome for first round pick hauls. You can’t miss on all of them and in two more years we would be loaded. And our only player with any age concerns would be Panarin.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Not even sure what to say at this pt

The Chytil’s of this world are better than McKegg… but not by enough to make a diff in the score.

Geo was not great but this team shouldn’t NEED ELITE goaltending to avoid being embarrassed night after night.
Chytil has top 6 skill. He needs confidence. He should be on the 2nd line and it's not even close. Dryden Hunt? Absolutely stupid coaching.

Reactions: FUZfan and mas0764

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'll never understand coaches just casually playing WITHOUT A f***ING GOALIE for three minutes.

Outside of one freak season that spoiled the goulash, that actually DOES NOT make you more likely to score.

FFVJbx6X0AMjErH

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Need a forward

Need Kakko back and a 3rd line that can score a bit. We can't run a bottom 6 with Chytil, Gauthier, Mckegg, Rooney, Reaves and Hunt and expect results because none of them are gonna score with any regularity. If you look at teams that win their 3rd line usually has a big role in that. Kravtsov being in russia and Blais being hurt has taken out our 3rd line. Blais Goodrow Kravtsov would look pretty good to me.

Reactions: leetch99

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Our PP has sucked the last three games. Looked awful again against the worst PK in the league. I really hate how much time that second unit gets they're so bad.
Im not sure why but Mika has gotten further away from the net for his one timer. Kreider probably should have had a couple tonight.

Reactions: romba

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Kreider's expected goals was only 1.18? I don't believe that, should be at least 4.

Great seeing Laf play with good players though, even if he winds up having some rough games, keep him there, he's one of our best players right now.

Demko was awesome in the first, Rangers had a bunch of chances, 2nd period absolutely sucked, and then the third was a nice little push back, but most teams layoff up 4-0.

Reactions: egelband

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
As long as we don't mortgage any of the future, for a playoff run, i can live with the losses. However, Gallant's lineup and ice time decisions are worrying me that when we do have the group to win, he will f*** it up with his loyalties to absolute plugs. I do want us to make the playoffs for the experience.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Goodrow is not a top 6 player either; low skill guy. The answers are Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, and next year Othmann. Gallant is picking up where Quinn left off in killing our young forwards. If they don't develop, Igor goes without a cup and f*** the record. The kids should be the priority, period.

You are getting ahead of yourself. Laf has been much better. Kakko has missed like 2 months with an injury. He will be good. Over the next 2 years they will add Othmann, Berard, and Cuylle and whomever else they draft and trade for. Goodrow belongs on 3rd line and will be there once they add.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
We have two 4th lines and our 2nd line has Dryden Hunt and Ryan Strome on it. Are you kidding me? This forward group that the dope Gallant is using is a joke.
Who else does he have to work with? Yeah I agree about some of the decisions but who? Chytil should be in over McKegg that’s a given, but let’s not act like Chytil is the answer either. He’s on his way out sooner rather than later because he hasn’t taken the next step after several years now. He is what he is at this point, good skater that lacks vision, isn’t physical for his size, tries to deke everyone and repeatedly turns it over. Outside of Chytil being scratched, this team has some serious depth issues which is why you see all of these scrubs out there. Kakko will be back eventually but he’s another one that doesn’t move the needle. His skating sucks, and he’s too passive. Krapsoft? Will be run back to Russia if he gets scratched or benched by Gallant? I think Krapsoft lost the respect of the locker room.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
You are getting ahead of yourself. Laf has been much better. Kakko has missed like 2 months with an injury. He will be good. Over the next 2 years they will Othmann, Berard, and Cuylle and whomever else they draft and trade for. Goodrow belongs on 3rd line and will be there once they add.
I am confident that we have a strong forward pipeline. I do not like the way we are handling them. Just no stupid trades for playoff success.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I planned my whole weekend around two big games. And even with good food, good company, and some fine spirits, and I can't help but feel this weekend was a total bust.

I need to take some time off from hockey. I'm getting a little too addicted and dependent on NY Rangers wins for enjoyment.

There are things out there that are just as exciting, isn't there?

Last edited:

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I'm here hoping Drury has the balls of steel that Yzerman has to do whatever the hell he thinks is best regardless of what anyone think and that he'll trade Strome and upgrade at the deadline even if he's glued to Panarin and well liked and whatever but we'll probably just end up with some over the hill veteran at the deadline.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I'll never understand coaches just casually playing WITHOUT A f***ING GOALIE for three minutes.

Outside of one freak season that spoiled the goulash, that actually DOES NOT make you more likely to score.

FFVJbx6X0AMjErH

While knowing the answer, I've always kind of wondered why pulling the goalie isn't used strategically throughout the game if coaches believe it can bring success. Established a good forecheck? Pull the goalie and get some pressure/options. The most likely outcomes assuming that you don't score are goalie covering the puck or the opposition forcing the puck out of the zone with a low probability it's going in the net, in either case just send the goalie back out. Even if they score, you've still got the rest of the game to come back, rather than basically conceding.

Reactions: ArPanet

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
While knowing the answer, I've always kind of wondered why pulling the goalie isn't used strategically throughout the game if coaches believe it can bring success. Established a good forecheck? Pull the goalie and get some pressure/options. The most likely outcomes assuming that you don't score are goalie covering the puck or the opposition forcing the puck out of the zone with a low probability it's going in the net, in either case just send the goalie back out. Even if they score, you've still got the rest of the game to come back, rather than basically conceding.
The answer is that teams average a goal per minute against empty nets.

I can't imagine a scenario beyond "imminently losing anyway" where that's worth it.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Who else does he have to work with? Yeah I agree about some of the decisions but who? Chytil should be in over McKegg that’s a given, but let’s not act like Chytil is the answer either. He’s on his way out sooner rather than later because he hasn’t taken the next step after several years now. He is what he is at this point, good skater that lacks vision, isn’t physical for his size, tries to deke everyone and repeatedly turns it over. Outside of Chytil being scratched, this team has some serious depth issues which is why you see all of these scrubs out there. Kakko will be back eventually but he’s another that doesn’t move the needle.
Chytil should be lining up with other offensive players; Bread and Strome. The third line should be (without Kakko) Barron, Goodrow and Gauthier. Then we have a 4th line with whoever he wants to dress. I am agnostic about the other guys, although Mckegg is clearly the worst of the lot. Hunt, Rooney and Reaves is not a bad 4th line. With that lineup, you have the chance to score with your top 6, generate chances with ur 3rd line and let the 4th line do what they do for 9 - 11 minutes. This dope put Hunt and Reaves out with the goalie pulled; cmon.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm here hoping Drury has the balls of steel that Yzerman has to do whatever the hell he thinks is best regardless of what anyone think and that he'll trade Strome and upgrade at the deadline even if he's glued to Panarin and well liked and whatever but we'll probably just end up with some over the hill veteran at the deadline.

What you aren't excited for the next Ryane Clowe or Bryan McCabe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad