Salary Cap: Wet Hot Canadian Sutter (Is No More)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I would bet Grumpy Cat if i owned him that at least 2 of the following 3 players will pan out: BB, Plots & Sundqvist.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
anyone else think Sutter to the Kings is a late-summer possibility, pending a team-favorable outcome to the Mike Richards situation? Guessing they're probably done with Stoll, and 3C would appear to be a need.

The problems with trading Sutter continue to be that demand is low (no one needs a 3C) and the cost of replacement is prohibitive meaning that the Pens are unlikely to make a good value trade and get a good 3C.

(As a reminder Fehr is still recovering from surgery. Fehr's agent said, "Timeline’s still up in the air, but he’s hopeful.")

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well, did you mean something like rolling one six sided dice:
Plots, 1-5=success, 6=failure
BB, 1-4=success, 5-6=failure
Sundqvist, 1-3=success, 4-5=partial success, 6=failure

? :D

Gambling talk?

Who the hell do you think we are? Janet Gretzky? Rick Tocchet? Jaromir Jagr?

Get out of here with odds and gambling talk damn it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Put me down for $50 on Robert Dome being the future winger for Crosby.

I have a good feeling about this.

jesus I haven't thought about ol Dome in forever. What a friggen bust...

Matt Stone was taken one spot ahead of Loui Eriksson. I cringe at that one a lot.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Oh ye of little faith!

He's not a young prospect, but he's not beyond prospect status either. He has some upside, imo.

But most of all, he's 6-2, 205 pounds. We've needed this since Ryan Malone's rights were traded along with Gary Roberts' to Tampa Bay.

He fills a need. He's penciled in for the same reasons people were penciling Alexei Ponikarovsky in, or Daniel Winnik, or why Ruslan Fedotenko became a legend in Dan Bylsma's beady little eyes.

If he and Geno click, that would be fantastic for this franchise.
I am well aware he fills a need on this team, but people need to stop talking about him like he's a can't miss top 6 winger.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I will laugh and laugh when Plotnikov doesn't do well in a top 6 role, and plays possibly worse then Kunitz. Then I will cry. The only reason he is getting penciled in the top 6 is because hes Russian. There is zero reason to think he will do well in that role.

Worse than Kunitz last year? That would be a feat.

He's getting penciled into the top 6 because he was productive in the KHL last year, productive in the 2014 World Championships, and Rutherford said that the Pens felt he could go in the top 6.

Plotnikov might not be a top 6 player, but there's every reason to believe he could be, and his biggest competition is a guy who looked like utter dog ****.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
jesus I haven't thought about ol Dome in forever. What a friggen bust...

Matt Stone was taken one spot ahead of Loui Eriksson. I cringe at that one a lot.

Well, I'm no head shrinker, but I think losing both parents in the same calendar year to cancer would mess with most people.

Dome went on to have a very solid career over seas and a stint with the Flames.

Also, Curtass Patrick did an amazing job destroying a lot of futures.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
After years of watching Malkin play with 4th liners, we're seriously going to get on our high horse about a KHL signing whose style of game could very well thrive on the smaller rink in NA?

I'd like to see him get shifts with Sid/Malkin, that ok?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I'm surprised Semin's not already on a KHL team. It's pretty apparent that NHL teams are not exactly chomping at the bit to sign him. I'm sure he could still make a huge chunk of money over in the KHL.

He stated last time around before signing with Carolina that his first priority was to play in the NHL, and I suspect that he will be next season. Someone is going to offer him 2-3m on a 1 yr contract due to their need for offense.

redsono93

Jun 29, 2009
New Jersey
He stated last time around before signing with Carolina that his first priority was to play in the NHL, and I suspect that he will be next season. Someone is going to offer him 2-3m on a 1 yr contract due to their need for offense.

I really hope that team is us. So late in the summer 1 year make or break can't hurt at all.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I will laugh and laugh when Plotnikov doesn't do well in a top 6 role, and plays possibly worse then Kunitz. Then I will cry. The only reason he is getting penciled in the top 6 is because hes Russian. There is zero reason to think he will do well in that role.

Zero reason, huh. You've convinced me. He's a bum.

No, not a bum. But there's been countless examples of guys coming over and not having a lot of success here. His game being based a little more on the physical game then the skilled game should help him... but it's shocking how many people seem to think he can transition to a game that's faster, on smaller ice with bigger and more skilled players and still be an effective top 6 player.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he spent some time in the AHL this season - if only to get top icetime on the smaller rink where it's not costing/hurting the Pens.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA

Just let them have their fun. Reality is hard.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I really hope that team is us. So late in the summer 1 year make or break can't hurt at all.

Same. But doubly so because it would mean we'd have to dump some salary somewhere. Which means one of Kunitz/Sutter/Scuderi/Dupuis is gone. And if Semin doesn't pan out... it's a 1 yr deal, which means he's gone next season and we still come out ahead.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he spent some time in the AHL this season - if only to get top icetime on the smaller rink where it's not costing/hurting the Pens.

If the Penguins send him down, he can (and would) just sign with a KHL club. He is not required to report to an AHL club as a stipulation in his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad