Confirmed with Link: Wennberg (50% retained) to NYR For a 2nd ('24) and 4th ('25)

Are you happy with the trade

• Very happy with the trade!

Votes: 33 13.7%
  • It's decent, i'm good with it

Votes: 155 64.3%
  • Meh, not the biggest fan

Votes: 46 19.1%
  • Very unhappy with the trade!

Votes: 7 2.9%

• Total voters

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Rangers getting wennberg for less than the rumored ask when he is one of the few Cs left is solid business. Now Drury knows where he stands cap wise to add a RW over the next 48 hours
One thing is for sure he is keeping our first

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I’m good with this trade, but Zibanejad sucks and Trocheck is good but not elite.

Wennberg doesn’t necessarily move the needle. We get one injury to any of those guys and our center group all of a sudden goes from ok to horrible. I would have given a 1st and a prospect not named Perreault or Othmann for a top 6 center instead.

Still would like a depth defenseman and a top 6 RW. Maybe Guentzel for a 1st, Berard, and Robertson/BMB/2nd.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I really don't see the Rangers moving Gabriel.....and definitely not for a rental. He's a guy that when he turns pro is probably going straight to the NHL. There's not all that many guys who can do that.
Gave is off limits. In fact I doubt they are trading a first either

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Cuylle-Wennberg--Kakko is intriguing. But this team and coach, being what they are, will keep trying to make Kakko fit with Kreider and Zibanejad.

I'd take whatever the Vegas bet is that the Rangers add someone for KZ by Friday and you won't have to worry about Kakko being there.

You might have to worry about Kakko being HERE at all but that's a different thing.

I really don't see the Rangers moving Gabriel.....and definitely not for a rental. He's a guy that when he turns pro is probably going straight to the NHL. There's not all that many guys who can do that.

Perrault is going absolutely nowhere.

Reactions: will1066

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I’m good with this trade, but Zibanejad sucks and Trocheck is good but not elite.

Wennberg doesn’t necessarily move the needle. We get one injury to any of those guys and our center group all of a sudden goes from ok to horrible. I would have given a 1st and a prospect not named Perreault or Othmann for a top 6 center instead.

Still would like a depth defenseman and a top 6 RW. Maybe Guentzel for a 1st, Berard, and Robertson/BMB/2nd.
Mika doesn’t suck. Yes we get it he is having a down offensive year but come on kids lol

mti79

May 11, 2007
I don't really know much about him so I'm hoping he can be that 3C shutdown guy. That would be a huge asset in the playoffs.

Also, my wife saw a picture of him and she loves the guy and thinks we should sign him for at least 5 more years.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
A 2nd instead of a 3rd makes this good but not great. We suck at drafting in the 2nd round anyway, so whatever. Should help to bring back a semblance of a 5 v 5 threat to the 3rd line.

Based on merit, I'd try these lines as well for shits and giggles

Panarin line
Kreider-Wennberg-Kakko
Cuylle-Zibanejad-Trade/Vesey

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wennberg isn’t sexy but he was definitely the last attainable center left

I guess he will be in between Cuylle and Kakko and that will be their shut down line. I’ve thought Kakko should be on a shut down line since I Wanted them to sign Danault so I guess we get to see that?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wennberg isn’t sexy
qfXN1glG_400x400.jpg

55acb8a0cc60a3d500aea6761413d07d.jpg

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I think people are going to be surprised what a difference he makes when acclimated. Brodzinski skated well and runs into the very occasional point but the effectiveness of the line suffers with him as the pivot. He’s not good and he is only here because Bonino was a corpse and Chytil is injured. This was a badly needed upgrade of the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad