Confirmed with Link: Wennberg (50% retained) to NYR For a 2nd ('24) and 4th ('25)

Are you happy with the trade

• Very happy with the trade!

Votes: 33 13.7%
  • It's decent, i'm good with it

Votes: 155 64.3%
  • Meh, not the biggest fan

Votes: 46 19.1%
  • Very unhappy with the trade!

Votes: 7 2.9%

• Total voters

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What if I told you Brodzinski has a better scoring/60 than Wennberg.
He should be on our fourth line until Goodrow figures out how to play hockey again.
I wouldn't really care if you told me that. Wennberg's main role for Seattle has been playing 18-19 minutes being used as a shut down center vs the other teams top lines.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Very fair deal. Wennberg was literally the best available option IMO. He's a borderline 2C so having him as 3C and with the ability to play all situations if needed he will definitely add a wrinkle to the lineup.

A 2nd and a 4th for him at 50% retained is a very fair deal and the team is unquestionably better with Wennberg at 3C over Brodz.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Some of the takes are unsurprisingly ridiculous. We've been clamoring for a 3C since Chytil went down. We've been bitching that Z is having to take all the hard matchups as the defensive C (and aside from scoring like a superstar, doing well with the assignment). We've been complaining about someone who could play with Kakko and be a possession nightmare. We were complaining about a 1st rounder being used.

This trade solves like... all of those in theory. What's to hate? That they didn't trade a 1st for Barkov or something?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 4.17.31 PM.png

Good fit. You gotta give to get, especially when you have a team retaining.

I didnt want to go as high as a 2nd, but i think they identified a player they wanted and needed to pull the trigger. Hes really a replacement for Chytil. They didnt give up a prospect either.

Center market is pretty bare. I think its a good move and the deficiencies Wennberg has will be covered up by utilizing other players in that role

Doesnt Shoot - May help set up Kakko
Doesn't Hit - Cuylle can get in on that line as F1, but Lav we'll need him to bump in the playoffs
Sucks at the PK - Shouldnt be used there, but good to have a backup
Sucks at faceoffs - Trocheck and Goodrow will be out there for the important ones anyway.

His pros outweigh his cons. He can skate. Good IQ. Experience. Manages the puck well. Significant upgrade over Brodz

I like the player and this is a good deal for both teams. This team needed depth so badly down the middle

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Some of the takes are unsurprisingly ridiculous. We've been clamoring for a 3C since Chytil went down. We've been bitching that Z is having to take all the hard matchups as the defensive C (and aside from scoring like a superstar, doing well with the assignment). We've been complaining about someone who could play with Kakko and be a possession nightmare. We were complaining about a 1st rounder being used.

This trade solves like... all of those in theory. What's to hate? That they didn't trade a 1st for Barkov or something?
Let me clarify: I'm not hating.

I just genuinely don't know much about the player and am asking about what makes him better than Brodzinsky.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Let me clarify: I'm not hating.

I just genuinely don't know much about the player and am asking about what makes him better than Brodzinsky.
significantly better passer and on zone entries. two things we're really weak at. he's definitely smoother than Brod too but probably isn't as fast overall.

Brodzinski skates and shoots. God awful at everything else.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
So....

Cuylle Wennberg Kakko?

or do we add another player like Zucker and jumble everything around

Panarin Tro Laffy
Cuylle Zibs Kakko
Kreider Wennberg Zucker

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
If you want to have a “shutdown” line in the playoffs, it’s putting this guy, Kakko and Cuylle on the ice, and just let them do work around the boards, not whatever the hell Barclay Goodrow does out there.
Just keeping the puck out of the net every shift and potting a few every other game is fine.

Reactions: 17futurecap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad