Post-Game Talk: Well that was unexpected

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I think Brown's miscues were egregious enough to sit him for a game, but I ultimately believe he is part of the puzzle to us winning a Cup or atleast giving us our best chance at doing so.

I've got a similar feeling with him as I did Peca when he was here who was very underwhelming in the regular season, but turned it around come playoff time.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I think Brown's miscues were egregious enough to sit him for a game, but I ultimately believe he is part of the puzzle to us winning a Cup or atleast giving us our best chance at doing so.

I've got a similar feeling with him as I did Peca when he was here who was very underwhelming in the regular season, but turned it around come playoff time.
The ONLY way this guy is going to redeem himself at all is if he goes Pisani in the playoffs lol. There is nothing that he can do now to redeem himself. That defensive effort on that goal was insane. He should be sat.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

I've got a similar feeling with him as I did Peca when he was here who was very underwhelming in the regular season, but turned it around come playoff time

We can’t afford to wait and see if Brown can be a difference maker in the playoffs. He’s shown nothing offensively up to this point and should be replaced as soon as possible. Peca at least had a handful of goals (I believe around 9 or 10) during the regular season.

NashtoNowitzki

Jan 8, 2019

9 goal 05'-06' Peca was closer to Gretzky than Brown is to him.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeh I don’t know what you do with Brown at this point. Sending him down saves us like zero cap space. Trading him saves us zero cap space. The only thing you can do is bring Lavoie up in his spot. So we’re deciding between a rookie who hasn’t shown to play a stable regular season game or Brown. You probably just hope and pray Brown stops sucking

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
We can’t afford to wait and see if Brown can be a difference maker in the playoffs. He’s shown nothing offensively up to this point and should be replaced as soon as possible. Peca at least had a handful of goals (I believe around 9 or 10) during the regular season.
You look at what Duchene has done this season on a 3 mill contract compared to Brown at 4 million , it's just so sad

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Yeh I don’t know what you do with Brown at this point. Sending him down saves us like zero cap space. Trading him saves us zero cap space. The only thing you can do is bring Lavoie up in his spot. So we’re deciding between a rookie who hasn’t shown to play a stable regular season game or Brown. You probably just hope and pray Brown stops sucking
It's not his fault that the Ken from Holland thought he was getting Hash Brown.

Reactions: VainGretzky

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Not sure if commented on but RNH made a sneaky high iq read on the OT winner. He was standing right where Bouchard shot it, seen him streaking in and how Oettinger was giving up the far side. He was the only one in the building besides Bouchard who knew he was going to shoot it and not dish it off to McDavid and rolled off/spun out of the way right as Bouchard was going to let it go. If he didn’t read that, he would have blocked the shot.

I didn’t see it at first but after a few replays, especially the behind the net angle, it then stood out.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Not sure if commented on but RNH made a sneaky high iq read on the OT winner. He was standing right where Bouchard shot it, seen him streaking in and how Oettinger was giving up the far side. He was the only one in the building besides Bouchard who knew he was going to shoot it and not dish it off to McDavid and rolled off/spun out of the way right as Bouchard was going to let it go. If he didn’t read that, he would have blocked the shot.

I didn’t see it at first but after a few replays, especially the behind the net angle, it really stands out.
When that goal was scored I said to my wife, that goal isn’t scored without RNH running that interference, but Bouchard also was the man to shoot it there.

Just looking

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I just watched the game now that im home. I thought Perry looked really good. Anyhow, the 1st, 3rd and ot periods were good especially against Dallas and in thier rink. The 2nd was crazy.

Can we now scratch Brown since our PK sucks again in favor of keeping Gags in the lineup?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I’d trade him. Get a useful player in the lineup, whether that’s another trade or a call up. He’s got to go.

Reactions: brentashton

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I just watched the game now that im home. I thought Perry looked really good. Anyhow, the 1st, 3rd and ot periods were good especially against Dallas and in thier rink. The 2nd was crazy.

Can we now scratch Brown since our PK sucks again in favor of keeping Gags in the lineup?

Scratch Brown?

No … just gotta get Brownie going

Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

There is nothing remotely similar. Peca was pound/pound one of the strongest players in hockey who hit like a mac truck. Connor Brown is somebody tentative that avoids contact.

Peca was also a sold 200ft player. Brown may have been at one point but he's not even an NHL player now. Its inexplicable he's even in the lineup.

Someone tell me how McDavid missed that gape?
Looks like the mob money is on Connor McDavid not scoring even 40 this year after leading the league last season. lol jk around but with sports betting and fixing tainting sports who ever knows.

He was late on his man for 2 goals. He need to sit games.
3 goals. Brown was the magic for Dallas today. On ice and at fault in all 3 goals. 2 of them egregious.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Yaaaaayyyyyy

1708238656641.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad