Post-Game Talk: Well that was unexpected

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
What a childish and toxic mindset. Speaking of redemption and unpayable debts is absolute nonsense and the kind of toxic fan behavior that makes EDM a less desirable place to play.

We are a win now team as long as Brown's performance doesn't cost us a playoff spot who gives a shit about the past 40 games, whether or not this contract was a mistake will be determined entirely in the playoffs, which is a clean slate for all.
There is a definite tendancy on here to dismiss solid defensive play and dump all over a player that isnt scoring. I have been cutting Brown some slack most of this season because he has been strong in the Dzone and good on the forecheck. Very strong on the PK as well.
If a bottom 6 player comes out even at 5x5 thats helps the team win....being a good PK player helps as well.
Lately though Brown isnt coming out even. He has become a liability in the D zone.
No way to defend him at this point in time.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
There is a definite tendancy on here to dismiss solid defensive play and dump all over a player that isnt scoring. I have been cutting Brown some slack most of this season because he has been strong in the Dzone and good on the forecheck. Very strong on the PK as well.
If a bottom 6 player comes out even at 5x5 thats helps the team win....being a good PK player helps as well.
Lately though Brown isnt coming out even. He has become a liability in the D zone.
Yeah if you have no goals you can’t be the main culprit on 2 GA haha.

Reactions: guymez

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Good
Sounds like Brown gonna be scratched
Biggest disappointment this year?
Gotta be Brown

Now on the other hand, players that have not disappointed?
Vinny and Pickard for me are 2 players that are killing it. Vinny still has some warts but this guy is a must keep. If we could get Niemielman playing like this, what a defence we would have

Agree 100%
That goal he let fella score on, he should have been sat at end of bench. I hate seeing those goals. He gonna pay for it now

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Would love to hear the justification to keep Brown in the lineup with the PK putting up atrocious numbers
There was a point in the second period where Brown found himself slightly behind the Dallas net. He had a clear path to the front, a glorious chance to score, but it was obvious he would tke some punishment in doing so.

He paused, then chose not to, instead throwing the puck out front. It was one of those turning point decisions. I think he's done. Checked out from actually competing like his teamates. Hope I'm wrong.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
"Ice cold veins and scoring blood."

Quote of the day!
I have a flair for the dramatic wording. haha

jk aside the guy can barely skate, is getting caught way out of position and he's actually goal sucking on the pk. Twice. You can't unsee it. A guy with zero goals that botches everything thinks he should be up high getting springed for pk scoring chances. I don't even....

Last edited:
Reactions: Perfect_Drug

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He’s sucked on the kill too. Not getting anything done out there.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He’s sucked on the kill too. Not getting anything done out there.
Recently he hasnt been good in the D zone in in capacity.
Prior to that...he was good at 5x5 and on the PK.. Probably the best PKer on the team.
Those days are behind him.

Reactions: MessierII

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I have a flair for the dramatic wording. haha

jk aside the guy can barely skate, is getting caught way out of position and he's actually goal sucking on the pk. Twice. You can't unsee it. A guy with zero goals that botches everything thinks he should be up high getting springed for pk scoring chances. I don't even....

I'm not paying quite that close attention to his game. But I do notice that he doesn't do a lot when he's out there. Don't want to be too harsh on him though as this team demands some pretty solid play. Mediocre isn't cutting it now.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Good
Sounds like Brown gonna be scratched
Biggest disappointment this year?
Gotta be Brown

Now on the other hand, players that have not disappointed?
Vinny and Pickard for me are 2 players that are killing it. Vinny still has some warts but this guy is a must keep. If we could get Niemielman playing like this, what a defence we would have

Agree 100%
That goal he let fella score on, he should have been sat at end of bench. I hate seeing those goals. He gonna pay for it now
I’d vote Campbell but because he got buried and goaltending has stabilized it’s not as pronounced as Brown not being able to piss one ounce of offense given all the chances he’s had 1st through 4th lines.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I’d vote Campbell but because he got buried and goaltending has stabilized it’s not as pronounced as Brown not being able to piss one ounce of offense given all the chances he’s had 1st through 4th lines.
Agreed, Brown isn’t hurting things much this year right now. It’s Campbell for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad