GDT: Welcome Back | TB @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
He's way better than you think he is. If the Jackets let Voronkov go, there'll be 31 teams calling his agent. Yes even this relatively soft version of Voronkov.

FYI he has the highest 5v5 scoring rate on the Jackets. He's also a force whether he's trying to be or not. Immovable object. There are soft 6'5 players that teams still covet, and I don't think he's that soft, just not as hard edge as we want him to be.

Jenner's been showing leadership physically tonight, maybe you should try watching a little closer. He's been bowling bodies out there.
Watched him plenty close .. he’s throws some hits.. and when JG is getting ragged dolled he does nothing and skates away .

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The Provorov read on the second goal to take the player in the neutral zone was terrible.
Severson's read seconds before was just as bad as he also accomplished nothing positive. I know he atleast had Provorov behind him but seemed like a late jump

Reactions: Cowumbus

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He's way better than you think he is. If the Jackets let Voronkov go, there'll be 31 teams calling his agent. Yes even this relatively soft version of Voronkov.

FYI he has the highest 5v5 scoring rate on the Jackets. He's also a force whether he's trying to be or not. Immovable object. There are soft 6'5 players that teams still covet, and I don't think he's that soft, just not as hard edge as we want him to be.
No. I appreciate his skill set although I'm not going to get excited about scoring rates based on 25 points.

It's just frustrating to see a player who should be a physical force play as passively as he does.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’m going to be in the minor here, I guess. I actually think we’re playing pretty well and could win this. Crazy, I know!

I think most of us see the positives tonight. It can feel like a minority but it's not.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I’m going to be in the minor here, I guess. I actually think we’re playing pretty well and could win this. Crazy, I know!
I think that we're playing very well. Nothing to show for it offensively, but not the best puck luck so far.

Could it be a reverse CBJ 3rd period? Stay tuned.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I think he bulked up too much in preperation for the NHL and its costing him. I bet he comes into camp a bit smaller next year. Not many people on the planet can effectively move around 240lbs. Especially someone who was never that size before.
I don't think he weighs anything close to that right now. I think when he started the season in Cleveland they wanted him to trim down. I wouldn't be surprised if he's closer to 220 by now.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
And Give me a break on Voronkov
No. I appreciate his skill set although I'm not going to get excited about scoring rates based on 25 points.

It's just frustrating to see a player who should be a physical force play as passively as he does.
i think most of that is coming to a foreign land , not understanding a word most if the team says , and being a rookie . He will get more confident and his nasty side will come out

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I don't think he weighs anything close to that right now. I think when he started the season in Cleveland they wanted him to trim down. I wouldn't be surprised if he's closer to 220 by now.
Well I believe he was 250 when he got here. Id be curious to know what he actually is now. He still looks massive next to basically anyone

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
……hoping for a great 3rd period push by the Jackets but so disappointed. I feel like the guy hungry for a big steak dinner only to find he’s at a vegetarian restaurant.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad