GDT: Welcome Back | TB @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
once upon a time Sillinger was drafted as a guy with a good shot and goal scoring ability... Hes a very passive individual these days. Half the time he doesnt act like he belongs
Has absolutely no playmaking ability

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Well no, thats ridiculous. I think hes focused on learning the NHL game now. Id bet the coaches had something to do with reeling him in for now but I dont think it lasts
No, it's not.

Your bet on coaches telling him not to play physical is ridiculous.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
No, it's not.

Your bet on coaches telling him not to play physical is ridiculous.
reeling him in because he was taking a large amount of minors is not ridiculous. I dont think writing the book on a player 44 games into their career is the play here

I dont think they told him "not to play physical" but be smarter about it

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It's bothersome not seeing Voronkov taking part in this. If he won't play a physical game, then he needs to go.
when he signed we were told of this physical force who could drop the gloves.

I will say I definitely underrated his skill level because he can definitely score. But the physical aspect of his game is very underwhelming and not what was promised.

That being said, saying he needs to go is definitely not how I feel.

Reactions: majormajor

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
reeling him in because he was taking a large amount of minors is not ridiculous. I dont think writing the book on a player 44 games into their career is the play here

I dont think they told him "not to play physical" but be smarter about it
He'll either play a physical game or he'll be in the KHL sooner rather than later.

I will say I definitely underrated his skill level because he can definitely score. But the physical aspect of his game is very underwhelming and not what was promised.

It's a conditional "needs to go". I'll stand by that.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

I think he bulked up too much in preperation for the NHL and its costing him. I bet he comes into camp a bit smaller next year. Not many people on the planet can effectively move around 240lbs. Especially someone who was never that size before.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He'll either play a physical game or he'll be in the KHL sooner rather than later.

He's way better than you think he is. If the Jackets let Voronkov go, there'll be 31 teams calling his agent. Yes even this relatively soft version of Voronkov.

FYI he has the highest 5v5 scoring rate on the Jackets. He's also a force whether he's trying to be or not. Immovable object. There are soft 6'5 players that teams still covet, and I don't think he's that soft, just not as hard edge as we want him to be.

That’s where your captain could show some leadership .. good on Severson

Jenner's been showing leadership physically tonight, maybe you should try watching a little closer. He's been bowling bodies out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad