GDT: Welcome Back | TB @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Still wish theyd try Gaudreau-Jenner-Marchenko Johnson-Sillinger-Chinakhov but this isnt horrible. Just seems random to break up pairs that work.

Very happy Boqvist is back, those look like real NHL pairs again. Hopefully the break did a young NHL team some favors. A physical and mental reset

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I hope they remember how good it felt to get that shutout, and focus on team defense.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Dammit, 1st game in a week and a half and I gotta miss it. Hope when I check the NHL game recap it's a good outcome.....

Let's see what they do well rested and almost fully healthy.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
If 96 was held to the same standard as other players, he would be scratched.
His last 21 games:
0 G 4A 4P.

After making this comment, I expect a multiple point night from him - and I’ll be there to watch.
At best, he only has less than a month left here but if he can't get traded, worst case he's here two months. It'll be interesting to see what he gets as UFA offers, he's the definition of a NPC out there, he's just out there taking up space.

TB has played since the break so they've shaken the rust off, I would expect a sluggish start from the Jackets. Third Period Turtle might not happen tonight because they'll already be losing.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
At best, he only has less than a month left here but if he can't get traded, worst case he's here two months. It'll be interesting to see what he gets as UFA offers, he's the definition of a NPC out there, he's just out there taking up space.

TB has played since the break so they've shaken the rust off, I would expect a sluggish start from the Jackets. Third Period Turtle might not happen tonight because they'll already be losing.
My guess is that he'll get a (roughly) $800k 1 year "prove it" contract. There's a sucker born every minute for a former first round pick who is only 27 years old. He isn't NHL caliber and should probably be overseas at this point in his career. Or retire.

Jarmo paid this soft, perimiter-playing turnover machine $4 million per year for 2 seasons and got almost nothing for it. But that's pretty standard for him.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
We usually match up well against Tampa. Unless our rustiness becomes a glaring issue tonight, I'm going to go with a 3-2 win in OT for the CBJ.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I agree with Cyclones that Jack probably gets a one year deal elsewhere on a prove it deal. Probably on a team that values speed and thinks they can make something out of him in a depth role. I think he’ll get more than 800k but I can’t see him making more than 2 million (depending how his season ends if course).

Could definitely see a team like Colorado, Florida, or Edmonton making a play for him.

Reactions: Jovavic

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The Tampa PBP guy is a major league announcer. It will be nice to listen to a CBJ broadcast with a competent PBP next season.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Its amazing PKs barely even think about the guy in front of the net anymore, Elvis couldnt see a thing and gave up an ugly rebound because of it

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00