NCAA: Week 7: Northwest Depart-ment

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Too much money. If we miss a bowl again, maybe it gets more serious, but we are stuck with him for a little while

Mark my words, A&M boosters will go hard after Deion

I wish we had kept Elko, the best solution for now would be a high quality coordinator from a top program

Deion at A&M will be must watch TV

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Too much money. If we miss a bowl again, maybe it gets more serious, but we are stuck with him for a little while

I wish we had kept Elko, the best solution for now would be a high quality coordinator from a top program
I give it one more year. Deion will want to cash in and get a bigger job. Texas A&M probably have the patience for 1 more season of Jimbo before the boosters will just buy him out. Jimbo ain’t it, all these top recruiting classes and it’s just not up to their full potential. They’ll go hard after Deion and it would be amazing to see him there. Him and big booster money with his personality and the rich recruiting talent in Texas he would be better in his first season than anything Jimbo has done there

Reactions: LT

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Also A&M would be the only big job opening I see becoming available, unless Saban retires suddenly. Only other one could be Michigan if Harbaugh leaves for the NFL

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I was at the Washington/Oregon game yesterday, and it was the greatest sports game I've ever attended. Was even in the 100 level, so got to rush the field when the game ended.
Penix is a stud! Beautiful touch on his throws. He’s going to be a very good NFL QB

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

HAHAHA, that would be such an epic failure, I hope this happens so much.

Also A&M would be the only big job opening I see becoming available, unless Saban retires suddenly. Only other one could be Michigan if Harbaugh leaves for the NFL

A&M is not big.

They are Wisconsin, Missouri, UCLA, better than average schools in big conferences, but never a big school

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t see bigger schools going after him until he establishes that he does have staying power, because otherwise they will get impatient after year 2. If they fire him, the roster will mass exodus with him, and you’re going to throw out year 1 of the next guy. Colorado is willing to do this because they had a lot less to lose and much more to gain. Plus, they’ve got so much outside money coming in, they’ll pay to keep him until he actually does want to leave (read: Florida State opens) or they actually do dead-end and the hype dissipates.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

A&M is not big.

They are Wisconsin, Missouri, UCLA, better than average schools in big conferences, but never a big school

A&M certainly is a big money program, which is the main thing that matters moving forward

I don't have a strong opinion as to whether he'd be successful here or not. I just see the admin and boosters viewing him as the "true answer" to Saban. A&M cares a LOT about building up their coach as a personality and as the figurehead of an "elite" (lol) program.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022

A&M is not big.

They have a ton of money. If you’re Deion and they come calling you gotta listen. They gave Jimbo nearly 100 million dollars lol

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Do A&M fans brag about money?

All that matters are wins. They haven't won 10 games in over 10 years. They will need to pull out some tough games to be over .500 this year.
They’ll finish around 7-5 and they’ll buy out Jimbo. Absolute tire fire with all the talent and resources they have. Jimbo is 0-9 in true SEC road games since 2020-2021. They’re a joke

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
They’ll finish around 7-5 and they’ll buy out Jimbo. Absolute tire fire with all the talent and resources they have. Jimbo is 0-9 in true SEC road games since 2020-2021. They’re a joke

A&M should throw the checkbook at Mack Brown......THAT would be the drama we need. :)

But seriously, Jonathon Smith at Oregon St would be the best choice, IMO

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Billy Liucci who is a famed A&M writer, says Jimbo is back in 2024.

If I had to guess, he gets fired if they lose to Texas. But for an example on how Large Jimbo's buy out is. Currently Malzahn holds the record for biggest buy out. If A&M bought out Jimbo Fisher in 2029, it would still be larger.

That doesn't include paying a new coach and staff.

Reactions: LT and TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

If I had to guess, he gets fired if they lose to Texas. But for an example on how Large Jimbo's buy out is. Currently Malzahn holds the record for biggest buy out. If A&M bought out Jimbo Fisher in 2029, it would still be larger.

This makes my nipples erect

• Haha
Reactions: LT and GKJ

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

To add to this. If Let's say A&M decided to hire Lanning or DeBoer as the next coach.

Lanning has a 20m buyout that has to be paid to Oregon if you hire him. DeBoer has 10m buyout.

It would take A&M 100m just to rid of Jimbo and hire Lanning. Not including Lanning's new contract + what the buyouts are for Jimbos current staff and Lannings next one.

You'd be looking at probably 150m++ To get rid of Jimbo and his staff plus hiring a new staff.

Jimbo may have the best coaching contract in sports history.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
To add to this. If Let's say A&M decided to hire Lanning or DeBoer as the next coach.

Lanning has a 20m buyout that has to be paid to Oregon if you hire him. DeBoer has 10m buyout.

It would take A&M 100m just to rid of Jimbo and hire Lanning. Not including Lanning's new contract + what the buyouts are for Jimbos current staff and Lannings next one.

You'd be looking at probably 150m++ To get rid of Jimbo and his staff plus hiring a new staff.

If I am A&M, I am hiring the best investigators to find something on Jimbo to let them fire him with cause. Probation would be worth it, that contract is an albatross.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Didn’t realize we were already at the point in the season where the CFP rankings were coming out

EDIT: Nvm no CFP rankings for 2 more weeks

Last edited:

stats1

Jul 22, 2022

I don’t think Lanning would leave Oregon for A&M. Seems like a lateral move. Only way I see Lanning leaving is for one of the top blue blood schools or he moves to the NFL. He can recruit well there, financially Oregon is top tier, once they enter the BIG 10 the cash cow grows. They’re going to be good for a long time.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Even if Jimbo was to get fired after this year, ignore the crazy buyout, who realistically could they get. Someone on Twitter mentioned Dan Campbell, but there’s no way he’s leaving the NFL. The Lions are on the up and up. I don’t think Lanning would leave unless A&M gave him a Jimbo Fisher contract.

But personally I believe Mike Tomlin could lose his job if the Steelers don’t make any noise. Rivera should’ve been gone a while ago. Belichick should be gone. There’s a whole bunch of guys in the NFL who should be worried. Eberflus is a must fire, what a shit show in Chicago.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado/Stanford pulled in a 1.9 and 3.29m viewers for Friday after dark, which was 7th for the week. Oregon/Washington was #1.

Colorado @ UCLA has been announced for prime time on ABC on October 28. Losing games hasn’t scared off the networks yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad