NCAA: Week 7: Northwest Depart-ment

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Also question. Iowa is probably going to drop 1 game in the regular season… what do they do in that situation if Ferentz doesn’t score 325?

All that happens if Ferentz doesn't hit 27.5 is his current contract doesn't renew so they just give him a new contract. It doesn't say they have to fire him so really the clause is kind of meaningless as Ferentz will just keep giving his son a job regardless what happens and the Iowa hire ups will do nothing to stop him.

All the clause does is show how inept Ferentz is that he will struggle to reach it even with defense and special teams counting and show how Kirk cares more about his son getting paid than he does about Iowa football.

Reactions: Tony Romo

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Beavs are winners 36-24.

Looks like UNC is solid, they should be top 10 next week.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina is 6-0 for the first time since Mack Brown’s last last season there which was 1997.

Reactions: Tryamw

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ahh gotcha
Yeah he’s very casual and is talking about stuff that doesnt involve football during major events like turnovers.
Feel like Jac is the reason they kicked Dungy down to the field to prop up Jac since some people would want to hear what Dungy has to say. But, not seeing what makes NBC like Jac so much.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
My boss is a big Cougs guy, and since I didn't get to watch that game I'm keen to hear his breakdown on Monday. They're a good team and I want them to win every game aside from the Apple Cup, but that's rough.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
USC could go 7-5. Can't see them finishing the season without at least one more loss.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
What an absolute cluster f### of a season for USC. You ask Riley to just coach a bit of D for Caleb and they can’t do it. USC is provably going to lose at least 1 more game and end up in the nobody cares bowl. You have a generational talent in Caleb and for 2 years couldn’t help him out. He did throw 3 picks but once again USC gives up almost 50 points.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
What an absolute cluster f### of a season for USC. You ask Riley to just coach a bit of D for Caleb and they can’t do it. USC is provably going to lose at least 1 more game and end up in the nobody cares bowl. You have a generational talent in Caleb and for 2 years couldn’t help him out. He did throw 3 picks but once again USC gives up almost 50 points.
To be fair, the D wasn't the problem today.
3 TDs were from a short field due to Caleb's INTs
1 was a kickoff return
1 was a scoop and score

It's frustrating that we still haven't played a complete game on both sides yet, and hopefully this is a wakeup call. We'll know how they bounce back next week against Utah who handed us 2 of our 3 losses last season. This was an OOC game, so we're still in it for the Pac-12 Championship.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
@LT How many games do you think ya'll need to win for Jimbo to not get fired this year?

From the Texas board i'm on, there's some big boys on it who should know about this and say it's at least one more year until they can fire Jimbo

• Love
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
ND pretty much controlled the lines all night on defense. Forced 5 turnovers, was getting pressure on Williams all night and he couldn't handle it. SC probably isn't used to seeing decent defenses in the Pac-12.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

Damn, Wyoming would've been ranked with a win.

I've been pretty big on FSU but feels like that LSU win is doing a lot of carrying. Washington, OU all have more impressive wins and the p5 team Washington struggled with Arizona, looks to be somewhat decent.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Damn, Wyoming would've been ranked with a win.

I've been pretty big on FSU but feels like that LSU win is doing a lot of carrying. Washington, OU all have more impressive wins and the p5 team Washinton struggled with Arizona, looks to be somewhat decent.
And LSU hasn’t looked very good and can’t play any defense. Except against Auburn I guess.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Eventually if they stink then they stink but that only hurts you when you start losing games too
Yep Texas 1 loss, should go undefeated so that'll help. Will probably be top 7 after the Penn State - Ohio State game.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
@LT How many games do you think ya'll need to win for Jimbo to not get fired this year?

From the Texas board i'm on, there's some big boys on it who should know about this and say it's at least one more year until they can fire Jimbo

Too much money. If we miss a bowl again, maybe it gets more serious, but we are stuck with him for a little while

Mark my words, A&M boosters will go hard after Deion

I wish we had kept Elko, the best solution for now would be a high quality coordinator from a top program

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad