NCAA: Week 7: Northwest Depart-ment

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Week 7 has actually already been underway since Tuesday as the Sun Belt has taken some of these spots ESPN has had open.

But the important games really start on Thursday, should anyone care to watch, West Virginia is at Houston in a Big 12 matchup as Dana Holgorsen faces his old program for the first time since taking the money to move down to the G5 with Houston, but the end game was clear there, that's on FS1.

Friday has an important game in the Group of Five, even though both are unranked, they also are both 4-1, so there is a path to get up into the rankings and perhaps stay ahead of Air Force. Tulane is at Memphis on ESPN.

Friday is also important because Coach Prime and Colorado are back from their Pac 12 sabbatical. I have no idea what the numbers were, but they'll be better back on ESPN. The Buffs edged one out late last week in Arizona State, now on a short week they host 1-4 Stanford in their quest to become bowl eligible, still needing 2 more wins. It's a Friday After Dark, which is good because the Saturday After Dark sucks.

On to Saturday, Gus and Joel are in Ann Arbor. Their choices were so week that Big Noon Kickoff is on site from another location whose game they're not broadcasting, but their noon kickoff window has yet to feature #2 Michigan, which they will do this week as 33.5-point favorites to Indiana. They're all looking forward to next week's Penn State/Ohio State showdown.

CBS has a noon game this week, #1 Georgia is in Vanderbilt. A game on paper that should be over early, but Georgia has been slow with their offense this year. Syracuse is at #4 Florida State on ABC, #3 Ohio State visits Purdue, which everyone all over the state has been complaining about because it's a Peacock exclusive. ESPN also has Arkansas @ #11 Alabama, who is favored by 20, but the Razorbacks look set to play them tough.

The feature game for this week and among the feature games of the season will be in the mid-afternoon window out in Seattle. A top 10 matchup for soon departed Pac 12 rivals as they take their codependence to the Big Ten next year, Bo Nix takes #8 Oregon to take on Michael Penix, Jr. and #7 Washington, it's not just a premier matchup of rivals and playoff hopefuls, but may also go a long way towards crystalizing the Heisman picture. College Gameday is on the scene, with Chris and Kirk on the call on ABC. Washington is favored by 3, looking to win for the second year in a row after Oregon 15 of the previous 17 meetings.

CBS's mid-afternoon spot has Texas A&M at #19 Tennessee. NBC has a weak one in Illinois @ Maryland, and #23 Kansas bounced back against UCF last week to get back into the rankings, they are in Stillwater to play Oklahoma State on FS1.

The evening spot has another big one, and the BNK crew are actually in South Bend. Notre Dame is down to #21 after getting skunked by Louisville last week, otherwise their game vs. #10 USC and Caleb Williams could've been another top 10 matchup, although USC keeps going down in the rankings because their defense blows. We'll expect some points in this own, it's on NBC. The line is ND -3.

ABC doesn't have a bad recourse game, #25 Miami looks to pick themselves up after an unconscionable loss to Georgia Tech last week, they're up on Chapel Hill as Drake Maye looks to assert himself finally this season, #14 North Carolina are -3.5 on the line, they finally had an impressive win vs. Syracuse last week.

Huge game in the Mountain West and Group of Five, Wyoming dispatched Fresno State last week, they head down I-25 (a beautiful road, I've been on it) into Colorado Springs (a beautiful place, I've been to it) to take on undefeated Air Force. The winner of this game likely gets ranked and moves to the top of the MWC.

The Beavs have a ranked opponent coming to town - seems like any team worth a shit in the Pac 12 is ranked - #18 UCLA visits Corvallis for the last time in the foreseeable future, against #15 Oregon State. UCLA upended a ranked Wazzu team last week even though they were favored. The Beavs are favored by 3.5 here, they hung 52 on Cal last week.

After Dark, as I said, is weak, no Pac 12 games. If you're truly psychotic, Boise State is at Colorado State at 9:45 ET, and Hawaii hosts San Diego State at 11pm ET.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Week 7 has actually already been underway since Tuesday as the Sun Belt has taken some of these spots ESPN has had open.

But the important games really start on Thursday, should anyone care to watch, West Virginia is at Houston in a Big 12 matchup as Dana Holgorsen faces his old program for the first time since taking the money to move down to the G5 with Houston, but the end game was clear there, that's on FS1.

Friday has an important game in the Group of Five, even though both are unranked, they also are both 4-1, so there is a path to get up into the rankings and perhaps stay ahead of Air Force. Tulane is at Memphis on ESPN.

Friday is also important because Coach Prime and Colorado are back from their Pac 12 sabbatical. I have no idea what the numbers were, but they'll be better back on ESPN. The Buffs edged one out late last week in Arizona State, now on a short week they host 1-4 Stanford in their quest to become bowl eligible, still needing 2 more wins. It's a Friday After Dark, which is good because the Saturday After Dark sucks.

On to Saturday, Gus and Joel are in Ann Arbor. Their choices were so week that Big Noon Kickoff is on site from another location whose game they're not broadcasting, but their noon kickoff window has yet to feature #2 Michigan, which they will do this week as 33.5-point favorites to Indiana. They're all looking forward to next week's Penn State/Ohio State showdown.

CBS has a noon game this week, #1 Georgia is in Vanderbilt. A game on paper that should be over early, but Georgia has been slow with their offense this year. Syracuse is at #4 Florida State on ABC, #3 Ohio State visits Purdue, which everyone all over the state has been complaining about because it's a Peacock exclusive. ESPN also has Arkansas @ #11 Alabama, who is favored by 20, but the Razorbacks look set to play them tough.

The feature game for this week and among the feature games of the season will be in the mid-afternoon window out in Seattle. A top 10 matchup for soon departed Pac 12 rivals as they take their codependence to the Big Ten next year, Bo Nix takes #8 Oregon to take on Michael Penix, Jr. and #7 Washington, it's not just a premier matchup of rivals and playoff hopefuls, but may also go a long way towards crystalizing the Heisman picture. College Gameday is on the scene, with Chris and Kirk on the call on ABC. Washington is favored by 3, looking to win for the second year in a row after Oregon 15 of the previous 17 meetings.

CBS's mid-afternoon spot has Texas A&M at #19 Tennessee. NBC has a weak one in Illinois @ Maryland, and #23 Kansas bounced back against UCF last week to get back into the rankings, they are in Stillwater to play Oklahoma State on FS1.

The evening spot has another big one, and the BNK crew are actually in South Bend. Notre Dame is down to #21 after getting skunked by Louisville last week, otherwise their game vs. #10 USC and Caleb Williams could've been another top 10 matchup, although USC keeps going down in the rankings because their defense blows. We'll expect some points in this own, it's on NBC. The line is ND -3.

ABC doesn't have a bad recourse game, #25 Miami looks to pick themselves up after an unconscionable loss to Georgia Tech last week, they're up on Chapel Hill as Drake Maye looks to assert himself finally this season, #14 North Carolina are -3.5 on the line, they finally had an impressive win vs. Syracuse last week.

Huge game in the Mountain West and Group of Five, Wyoming dispatched Fresno State last week, they head down I-25 (a beautiful road, I've been on it) into Colorado Springs (a beautiful place, I've been to it) to take on undefeated Air Force. The winner of this game likely gets ranked and moves to the top of the MWC.

The Beavs have a ranked opponent coming to town - seems like any team worth a shit in the Pac 12 is ranked - #18 UCLA visits Corvallis for the last time in the foreseeable future, against #15 Oregon State. UCLA upended a ranked Wazzu team last week even though they were favored. The Beavs are favored by 3.5 here, they hung 52 on Cal last week.

After Dark, as I said, is weak, no Pac 12 games. If you're truly psychotic, Boise State is at Colorado State at 9:45 ET, and Hawaii hosts San Diego State at 11pm ET.
If you want a shitty road may I recommend I-95.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I live not far from US1. That whole stretch in Miami is the worst road I've ever been on. That interstate is shit from end to end.
Do you work for the NHC by any chance? I used to work for the Rosensteil school out on Key Biscayne.

I lived in Miami for a few years and now live in the Boston suburbs. I'd take the Miami route over Boston's, even though Florida drivers are the dumbest in the country. I hate I-95 so much that I devote this song to it:

My man, I live that road. Construction has been going on there indefinitely for as long as I’ve been alive and it will continue long after I’m dead.
How many years behind schedule are they lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Do you work for the NHC by any chance? I used to work for the Rosensteil school out on Key Biscayne.

I lived in Miami for a few years and now live in the Boston suburbs. I'd take the Miami route over Boston's, even though Florida drivers are the dumbest in the country. I hate I-95 so much that I devote this song to it:

All of them

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Nothing can compare to Toronto imo. We have a subway extension project that has no timetable to be finished and it’s like 1-2 billion dollars over budget already. the incompetence is amazing. The construction downtown here has an indefinite timetable as well, been going on for the last 10+ years and no sign of it ending anytime soon. It’s a mess

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Nothing can compare to Toronto imo. We have a subway extension project that has no timetable to be finished and it’s like 1-2 billion dollars over budget already. the incompetence is amazing. The construction downtown here has an indefinite timetable as well, been going on for the last 10+ years and no sign of it ending anytime soon. It’s a mess
Wait how can you do a construction project with no timetable?

If I suggested a work plan and contract layout to my superiors that had no timetable or due date they'd take a proverbial shit all over that proposal and rightfully so.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

If I suggested a work plan and contract layout to my superiors that had no timetable or due date they'd take a proverbial shit all over that proposal and rightfully so.
Original date was 2018 I believe. Then they built the tracks to be the wrong size for the cars. So now they have to fix it all. That's just a f*** up.

Rest is they're trying to build a city into a city that can handle being the 7th biggest demographic in NA when it already is. So it's a shit show

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Original date was 2018 I believe. Then they built the tracks to be the wrong size for the cars. So now they have to fix it all. That's just a f*** up.

Rest is they're trying to build a city into a city that can handle being the 7th biggest demographic in NA when it already is. So it's a shit show
Toronto's traffic BLOWS ASS too, so the public transportation is vital.

EDIT: Public transportation you stupid phone, not pubic.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022

They’ve had multiple delays and kept pushing the timetable back. It’s gotten so bad and so over budget that the city had to come out and admit that they don’t know when it’ll be completed lol. It’s a gong show. The amount of wasted tax payer money on this is insane. This project started 10 years ago

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

I actually just finished a degree at the Rosenstiel school. Moving back to Houston in the next few months.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
but I was told realignment, nil and the transfer portal killed college football.

That narrative was mostly built from guys like Saban and other SEC coaches because they didn’t want other schools to start buying players. Now that it’s all open you have a bunch of players now thinking ohh I can transfer and not have ride the bench for a year. I love it as a fan. Way more games are enjoyable to watch and not just glorified practices for a team like Alabama where they’re up 35-0 at halftime.

Oregon State getting DJ has helped, Oregon getting Bo Nix. Hell look at Colorado, they have like 4 of the top watched games of the year already. College football is booming right now. There’s like 10-15 schools with legit shots at making the playoff.

The Oregon-Washington game is going to be must watch. And don’t sleep on the Wyoming-Air Force game. Air Force should be ranked already but a win against Wyoming and they are not only ranked but a good shot at a NY6 game

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
So while the familiar blue bloods dominate recruiting every year. One or two or more players who were highly recruited by these schools will likely move on because as depth charts get filled up a few guys might have a school like UCLA as their 2nd option during recruiting. So they say hey I’m going to transfer and be a starter there and not be second fiddle here. It balances out the talent, and the sport gets more competitive

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In the olden days, Nix and Uiagalelei would’ve have to go play junior college for a year. That helped nobody. Well, except the junior colleges.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad