Pre-Game Talk: Week 21: Week of F*** You Mikko Rantanen (vs Stars; @ Blackhawks; @ Predators)

How many points will the Avs get this week?

• Total voters

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Why haven't we won this game yet? It doesn't even feel like we are trying. The players are all a bunch of p***yes scared of being aggressive.

/if we spoke about players the way we do about the GM.
That's pretty much how we talked about Jost and Newhook. Hopefully Cmac isn't here much longer either.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't get this....so the Avs had the 2nd easiest schedule in the 1st half of the season and they now have a "cake schedule" in the 2nd half as well? Aren't they playing the same teams as everybody else?
No team plays the same schedule. The Avs will play each team from the East 2x... 32 games there. Pacific teams 3x. Then Central teams 3 or 4x. This year the 4x teams in the Central are Arizona, Chicago, Dallas, Minnesota, and St Louis. They miss the extra games against Winnipeg and Nashville. Again against Winnipeg they play 2x at home. Nashville is twice on the road.

So the Avs got to skip 2 of the harder Central games (only easier path would be swapping Nashville and Dallas). They play 3 bottom 10 teams 4x. And the 30th and 31st teams 3x.

Pretty much every SOS rating out there has the Avs between 28th and 32nd. With a projection to 26th-30th.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
No team plays the same schedule. The Avs will play each team from the East 2x... 32 games there. Pacific teams 3x. Then Central teams 3 or 4x. This year the 4x teams in the Central are Arizona, Chicago, Dallas, Minnesota, and St Louis. They miss the extra games against Winnipeg and Nashville. Again against Winnipeg they play 2x at home. Nashville is twice on the road.

So the Avs got to skip 2 of the harder Central games (only easier path would be swapping Nashville and Dallas). They play 3 bottom 10 teams 4x. And the 30th and 31st teams 3x.

Pretty much every SOS rating out there has the Avs between 28th and 32nd. With a projection to 26th-30th.
They should really put an asterix beside their name in the standings.
Sometimes I wonder about you. You really go to great length to bring down the Avs and their players. You have never come up with something like that about another team in any other season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They should really put an asterix beside their name in the standings.
Sometimes I wonder about you. You really go to great length to bring down the Avs and their players. You have never come up with something like that about another team in any other season.

How is saying the Avs have an easy schedule talking down about the Avs?

(And I have talked about strength of schedule for other teams in the past)

Reactions: The Moops

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
How is saying the Avs have an easy schedule talking down about the Avs?

(And I have talked about strength of schedule for other teams in the past)
You have but always in the sense of what the schedule looks like for the rest of season, or over a month, etc. not the way you just did for an entire season.

Reactions: Alienblood

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Maybe because we talk about the Avs here almost all the time...
We talk about other teams and their schedule all the time and you never, ever come up with something like this about them. But ok keep thinking you address the Avs the same way.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We talk about other teams and their schedule all the time and you never, ever come up with something like this about them. But ok keep thinking you address the Avs the same way.
Wait... so I never, ever come up with this from other teams, despite your last post acknowledging I do?

We talk about the Avs more, so naturally it will be recalled more. Also I don't care how tough of schedule the Canadiens play. I'm an Avs fan first and foremost, understanding this team is more compelling to me than talking about how shitty of coach MSL is. Naturally that means there will just be more Avs talk.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Wait... so I never, ever come up with this from other teams, despite your last post acknowledging I do?

We talk about the Avs more, so naturally it will be recalled more. Also I don't care how tough of schedule the Canadiens play. I'm an Avs fan first and foremost, understanding this team is more compelling to me than talking about how shitty of coach MSL is. Naturally that means there will just be more Avs talk.
Read my post again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad