Pre-Game Talk: Week 21: Week of F*** You Mikko Rantanen (vs Stars; @ Blackhawks; @ Predators)

How many points will the Avs get this week?

• Total voters

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
And read mine... we clearly do talk about it, but this is an Avs forum so we talk about the Avs most of the time. To talk about the Canadiens schedule all season wouldn't make sense on an Avs forum...
You talk about other teams regarding all kind of subjects all the time and now suddenly you use the "this is an Avs board" excuse. You often argue for pages about other teams. My point is why bring that up in the first place. You have never dissected another team's entire schedule to justify if they are having a good or poor season. Should we go back and look at all teams in past seasons that did very well and see if they had an easier schedule than the rest of the league? Hence my comment about you going to great length to bring them down.

Reactions: Alienblood

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You talk about other teams regarding all kind of subjects all the time and now suddenly you use the "this is an Avs board" excuse. You often argue for pages about other teams. My point is why bring that up in the first place. You have never dissected another team's entire schedule to justify if they are having a good or poor season. Should we go back and look at all teams in past seasons that did very well and see if they had an easier schedule than the rest of the league? Hence my comment about you going to great length to bring them down.

My saying that is that the schedule is easy is simply saying the Avs should be expected to win a lot down the stretch. I'm not trying to bring the Avs down... you're assigning intent to something that is just a statement of fact.

We've talked about other teams from time to time... it is never a whole season thing. The one team we talk about all season is the Avs. It'll be spurts for other teams, but not consistent.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Hahaha the Avs had an easy schedule THE WHOLE SEASON!

Now I've seen it all. Hench is a contrarian who likes to poke to get a reaction. Once you understand that you learn to just ignore it.

Reactions: Alienblood

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hahaha the Avs had an easy schedule THE WHOLE SEASON!

Now I've seen it all. Hench is a contrarian who likes to poke to get a reaction. Once you understand that you learn to just ignore it.

See... that's not accurate. January and through mid Feb was the meat of the schedule. Most of the difficulty was there. The start was very easy. The end is moderately easy (Playing Edmonton 3x and a run of Vegas, NYR, Vancouver and Winnipeg is hard... just offset with Columbus, Chicago, Minny). Overall it is easy. Plenty of places to look this up.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
My saying that is that the schedule is easy is simply saying the Avs should be expected to win a lot down the stretch. I'm not trying to bring the Avs down... you're assigning intent to something that is just a statement of fact.

We've talked about other teams from time to time... it is never a whole season thing. The one team we talk about all season is the Avs. It'll be spurts for other teams, but not consistent.
But that is not what you said. You said this instead: "damn the Avs have such a cake schedule this year." Not down the stretch.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Preds beat the Avs in regulation today, they’ll only be 7 points behind us.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Is Annunen starting again?
IMG_0569.gif

Reactions: UncleRisto

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yes, if they lose and don't get any points the rest of the season then other teams could pass them if those teams do get some points. That's what we agree on.
All it would take is Preds winning 4 more games in a row including today, and Avs losing 3 more in a row…..after they lose today.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad