Pre-Game Talk: Week 21: Week of F*** You Mikko Rantanen (vs Stars; @ Blackhawks; @ Predators)

How many points will the Avs get this week?

• Total voters

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Ooof. Brutal

Dallas will be playing in back-to-back, went to OT last night, and then traveled to Denver.

Win in OT (Dallas always go to OY)
Win.
Loss.
FTFY. It is important to note we are giving them a point.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Man did he fell FAR behind quickly.

That shitty ass post all star game road trip is costing him the Hart and Makar a good shot at the Norris.

UjSSnmL.png

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Man did he fell FAR behind quickly.

That shitty ass post all star game road trip is costing him the Hart and Makar a good shot at the Norris.

UjSSnmL.png
Kutch just just had a 4 point night. He was only 2 behind until last game.

Also, the Avs have only played 59 games, where Tampa has played 60. Not sure why Kutch missed a game , but could matter.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
If MacKinnon can't win the scoring race I hope Kucherov wins it because people will get re mad about the all star game and say he doesn't deserve it lol

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
If MacKinnon can't win the scoring race I hope Kucherov wins it because people will get re mad about the all star game and say he doesn't deserve it lol
I mean, he was being kind of a dickhead the way he acted. It's a show for kids and the corporate sponsors who all are the ones that actually pay his salaries. Fans (kids) and corporate sponsorships (advertising). He has no respect whatsoever for either of those groups.

But to say he doesn't deserve to win the scoring race, if he indeed does win it... would be odd. The scoring race really is nothing more than just another skills competition. Just happens to be one that actually helps your team.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
  • Haha
Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
McDavid will become the 4th player to hit 100+ assists in a season (Orr, Gretzky, Mario) and win the Hart/scoring race.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Would assume he gets the Chicago game.

I subscribe to the Don Cherry method of goaltending decisions. He used to advocate playing your backup against top teams so if they pull a rabbit out the hat, it's a bonus. If not, it was your backup. Play your starter against bad to average teams and bank as many points as you can with him in goal.

I'd give Annunen the Preds game.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I subscribe to the Don Cherry method of goaltending decisions. He used to advocate playing your backup against top teams so if they pull a rabbit out the hat, it's a bonus. If not, it was your backup. Play your starter against bad to average teams and bank as many points as you can with him in goal.

I'd give Annunen the Preds game.
I like this idea. Giving Georgie a run against some of the worst teams but a break against the better ones for a while might help him get his game and confidence back

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I like this idea. Giving Georgie a run against some of the worst teams but a break against the better ones for a while might help him get his game and confidence back
The strategy I've never fully understood is only playing backups against bad teams. If you play your starter you can pretty much ensure a win and 2 points... where a backup (especially if lower quality), makes that more of a game. Play backups against good teams from the other conference or the more difficult game in a back to back.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Or just kick Georgie in the balls for every goal he allows. I bet he will think twice before allowing 4 goals again

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad