Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Would be nice if Pettersson was producing even half as much as Draisaitl is. He isn't even half the player right now.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Would be nice if Pettersson was producing even half as much as Draisaitl is. He isn't even half the player right now.
He never will be

Unable to elevate his game when we need him. EP is a massive choker.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
The EP > Drai posts over the last couple seasons was really hard to watch. Completely different class of players.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Draisaitl should have been also penalized for embellishment. It was a hooking penalty, but diving after the fact should be called. Flagrant is the word that comes to mind.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Booo it wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as I would have liked.

I wish I had watched this series, I don't know how the Kings broke down. Thing is, they're basically Ottawa to the Oiler's Toronto. Neither amounts to anything in the end but one just keeps beating the other.

I saw them really hamper McDavid in the neutral zone a couple of times but obviously they couldn't keep it up.

Thinking Big Save Dave is going to save you didn't work for the Flames or Leafs, and it wasn't going to work here.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Oilers beating the Kings was never in doubt..Seems to get easier for the Oilers every consecutive year.

Next year they’ll sweep them.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This.
Sabres pistol whipped Avs in this trade and that's no shade at CM.

But Byram's upside is still incredible.

The idea that he was dominating the Stanley Cup Finals against a modern dynasty, and then is just bad now seems asinine to me.
He's been hurt and not utilized properly on Colorado.

Now, with Toews and Makar he may never have been utilized properly there, but they could have waited to get a haul.

That said, if they win the cup this year they won't give a shit. Much like nobody calls the Iginla/Nieuwendyk trade a terrible trade because Dallas got their cup.
Its just a transfer of wealth amongst billionaires.

Why you hef to be mad?

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Lmao. Draisaitl's been consistently lackluster defensively and it's super easy to put up points when you have the best player in the world feeding you backdoor passes through 6 skates and 3 sticks.

Not really a fair comparison when EP's comparables in the playoffs are probably Hintz/Aho/Barkov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad