Pre-Game Talk: Wed. Feb. 27th Vs. Montreal Canadiens | BIGGER GAME! (Mod Warning: Post 211)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Maybe Pacioretty should watch his back...

777e8e9b813aa6ec5ef9d0cbcdaa0878de3c15f2.jpg

:laugh:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Cheers to a good game tomorrow. Not here for trolling. I think you'll face better opposition this time :p: Can't be worse than 3 weeks ago lol :rant:

I think I've seen this somewhere. :naughty:

Here's to a good Leafs win though. :yo: :cheers:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Montreal is winning a lot, but we've got to find a way to get points. Only sitting at 7 right now and need to gain some ground on the spots directly ahead of us.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Boy, it's nice to see Habs/Leafs games actually relevant again. And after last games penalties, hits, biting etc etc…pretty clear they don't like each other much.

Hopefully Orr goes for another run again.

lampshade*

Boy, it's nice to see Habs/Leafs games actually relevant again. And after last games penalties, hits, biting etc etc…pretty clear they don't like each other much.

Hopefully Orr goes for another run again.

Orr will go for a run if necessary. This game will pan out a few ways. It'll be close no fun stuff. A blowout either way most likely for us after last game Mtl learned their lesson. Prust wants nothing to do with Orr. If they blow us out it could get fun. No matter what I want Orr to run a small hab and watch the rest if them do absolutely nothing. Imagine being on that team knowing if the game gets out of hand you literally can't do anything. It'll be a quiet dressing room. Wouldn't mind seeing price get run.

naturalnumbas

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto
Would be surprised to see any retribution out of MTL, even though pacioretti has been practising his jumps. If they stick to their game it should be a dull one with how the Leafs have been going lately.

If habs are stupid enough to try and goon up after last time they'll get destroyed.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I don't think the Habs matchup well against teams like Toronto and Boston. They just aren't built that way. If the Leafs continue playing Carlyle's style, they'll crush the Habs again. Remember those Leafs teams in years past built on speed? Boston destroyed those teams every single time. They play a defensive, hard checking style which is basically what Carlyle's trying to do.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Really can't see anyone on the Habs going after Orr in any capacity. It would be different if a skilled player had done what he had, though.

I mean seriously. Orr's job is to fight and energize the team. If anyone on the Smurfs wish to go him i'm sure he won't mind at all. (Assuming he's 100% from his LBI)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So? That was great that Tampa Bay lost.

And Rangers losing too, to a team that isn't going to make the playoffs is great.

We just got to keep on spreading apart from the seeds below us!

right, exactly. so while it's good that they LOST. But i was pretty clear why it was important. WE don't want to lose either (or at least get a loser point) because well two fold.

keep far away from 9th as possible, but we want to keep pace with everyone else. these are the games we want to win now,because Boston will have an incredibly hard schedule in March. considering that 1st place is seperated by like what? 3 points, we always want to be in striking distance, and win the divisional games. (I know that's a given every time, but still).

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
33183925.jpg

In all seriousness I hope we keep things simple and play solid D. All you me need to do with the Habs is Check, check and check some more. They can't play that game. If we go for finesse and flashy we could get into trouble.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
33183925.jpg

In all seriousness I hope we keep things simple and play solid D. All you me need to do with the Habs is Check, check and check some more. They can't play that game. If we go for finesse and flashy we could get into trouble.
I second that. We've been playing a boring brand of simple, team-first hockey lately. I'll take it as long as we continue to move forward.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Scrivens last five games: W L W L W.. hopefully the trend does not continue tonight.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Mid-week game in Toronto spells trouble to me.

Fully expect a loss but I'll be watching and cheering.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Lol at reading their game thread. They're either calling a big win for them or mocking us for thinking we're the Bruins. :laugh:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Would be surprised to see any retribution out of MTL, even though pacioretti has been practising his jumps. If they stick to their game it should be a dull one with how the Leafs have been going lately.

If habs are stupid enough to try and goon up after last time they'll get destroyed.

What? The Leafs are playing some of the most exciting hockey in years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad