Post-Game Talk: We win - Ducks really want Bedard - Sammie with B2B shutouts!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I didn’t realize that Holmberg assisted on all 3 goals in the third! Kid had a 3 point night!

He looked really confident out there with the extra ice time. If he can build off of that the Leafs may have found a 3rd line centre in the future.

Is this the first Dubas depth picks in the later rounds that helping the Leafs? Gotta give credit to dubas for that but of course to be seen.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It was nice to see some depth scoring You'd think a 7-0 score would mean the big boys dominated but they didn't this was a depth game.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
And guess who we are likely rewarded with as a 1st round opponent? Tampa Bay

I hate this damn playoff format
Yep, would be way better if it went 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5 then (based on today) we'd only have to play......oh wait. :eek:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Nice to see a blowout win against a team like the Ducks.

Rocky start, but once we got rolling it was smooth sailing.

And the way the forwards backchecked in the 3rd was just a french kiss.

This is the way.

Reactions: Forgotusername

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
When jarkrok returns, move malgin to the 4th line. ZAR not really doin much since he was moved away from Kampf. Neither has Malgin, but the latter has hands and drives possession. Jarnkrok, otoh, was productive when moved to the 2nd line.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Another sign that this team is different. Didn’t fall prey to the potential trap game.

Isn’t it nice to have a good fourth line finally. Pontus with another solid effective game.

Giraffe in, Simmonds out…big improvement. That third line was terrific.

Finally, if not for Sammy in the first period, it might have been a different game. He’s outplaying Murray, and that’s saying a lot.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Another sign that this team is different. Didn’t fall prey to the potential trap game.

Isn’t it nice to have a good fourth line finally. Pontus with another solid effective game.

Giraffe in, Simmonds out…big improvement. That third line was terrific.

Finally, if not for Sammy in the first period, it might have been a different game. He’s outplaying Murray, and that’s saying a lot.
Thought the same. Leafs could have easily been down a couple early.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Win a playoff round at least and then we'll talk.

Lazy narrative.

And guess who we are likely rewarded with as a 1st round opponent? Tampa Bay

I hate this damn playoff format

Lost a hard fought series against them. If a certain goal wasn’t waived off in Game 6, we likely “win a round”.

Gonna be another hard fought series this year if that’s the case.

Firing a GM who we are now seeing results of his drafting (and it’s looking VERY GOOD) and has constantly tried to improve the perceived weaknesses of the team - over a benchmark that ignores all variables?

Madness.

Last years playoff loss wasn’t the same as the ones against Boston. The COVID years weren’t the same as the ones against Boston.

Playoff success is obtained by having regular season success. By having strong drafting abilities. Whether we win a round, or two, who gives a f*** unless you win four.

Throwing that away over irrational impatience despite all evidence is idiotic.

As I said. It’s Gross Negligence to not have extended Kyle Dubas yet. There will be a line of teams licking their chops to hire him.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
We have a goalie with a .926 svp and fans aren't really liking him...lol Such a leafy fan thing.

Me? I'm happy with whomever Keefe decides to go with on any given night right now. It's not like it's Cujo on the bench with Healy starting. Also, huge testament to our overall team D right now. Teams just aren't getting a lot of "sitters" against us right now.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad