Post-Game Talk: We win - Ducks really want Bedard - Sammie with B2B shutouts!

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
but thats his issue in a nutshell, he gets hot, collects a bunch of points and looks fantastic, then for the 20 games after hes invisible lol. he clearly got paid for the numbers he produced, but the way he produced is the most frustrating thing to me, this is just my 2 cents though.
True, but this can probably said for most guys making around what he is. If they are consistent they are probably making 3-4million playing a middle six role putting up 40-50 points whilst being strong defensively, like a 2018-19 zach hyman.

Engvall has his flaws, especially in the playoffs where I can’t even remember if he’s scored a goal or not, but it’s going to be hard to find a player who brings more overall value than him at the same cap hit

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
So far Samsonov has been the better goaltender. We'll see what happens after the 40-50 game mark.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That depends on what your measure of success is.

I don't know if any sports fan is content with their team, regardless of the sport, that looks great every season but flops and/or chokes in the playoffs. Playoff success is the bar for success.

And when the home team loses 6 consecutive playoff rounds, 3 of the last 4 when they had a 3-2 (or better lead) and the last 3 all against lower-seeded teams, something is clearly wrong and needs to be fixed. If Dubas can't put together a roster capable of winning at bare minimum a single round against a lower-seeded team, the overwhelming majority of fans, sports writers and analysts would agree a change needs to be made.

I'm not sure how that logic is "horrifically flawed."

So you’re upset over last years playoff series? Where they were one arguable waived goal off from advancing? Against the back to back Stanley cup champions? A simple case of two great teams where only one could advance?

Or are you upset over the two bubble seasons where in one of the years saw the playoff series played months after the season ended, and overall saw teams that shouldn’t have been in the playoffs advancing.

Or are we judging this team based on results from 4 years ago when the team wasn’t even close to what it is now? In many regards?

Or are we blaming Dubas for the two seasons before that when he was only AGM?

It’s incredibly flawed logic to let go of a GM who has shown to be a high quality GM, based on two highly irregular playoff formats, and a highly competitive well played series against another top team in the league (arguably top at the time) that just happened to be in round 1 due to playoff format.

It’s an irrational, purely emotional decision and ignoring all context and variables.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
They weren't physically there. We already know who it was, Alex Formenton from OTT. Also not all of the guys involved were on the team, but friends of the hockey players.
This is the first mention of this that I've seen. Do you have a link?

I'm not here trying to build a case against the Leafs and Mete/Timmons. The whole thing is very ugly and if so many of them were innocent why didn't they call out/speak out against Formenton?

I really hope they nail these scum.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They weren't physically there. We already know who it was, Alex Formenton from OTT. Also not all of the guys involved were on the team, but friends of the hockey players.
Not sure how I missed that, you'd think that would have been a huge news story.
He's up on charges?

So you’re upset over last years playoff series? Where they were one arguable waived goal off from advancing? Against the back to back Stanley cup champions? A simple case of two great teams where only one could advance?

Or are you upset over the two bubble seasons where in one of the years saw the playoff series played months after the season ended, and overall saw teams that shouldn’t have been in the playoffs advancing.

Or are we judging this team based on results from 4 years ago when the team wasn’t even close to what it is now? In many regards?

Or are we blaming Dubas for the two seasons before that when he was only AGM?

It’s incredibly flawed logic to let go of a GM who has shown to be a high quality GM, based on two highly irregular playoff formats, and a highly competitive well played series against another top team in the league (arguably top at the time) that just happened to be in round 1 due to playoff format.

It’s an irrational, purely emotional decision and ignoring all context and variables.
Why hasn't he been signed then?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
What a difference from Saturday, last night was pretty dull.

Not getting the Gibson comments I've read in here. He played pretty well until he got hurt, with a Team that didn't show up in front of him.

Backup was brutal, maybe people didn't realize they changed goalies?
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't notice initially, but I kind of zipped through the game when I got home at 1AM.

He played well.

Reactions: ACC1224

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
That's what I'm counting down the days to as well, @TheBeastCoast .

I think his game will mesh perfectly with Tavares, and Marner could play with a PeeWee House League player and still make him a threat to score.

Knies will have a learning curve, but I do think that is where he belongs. He has so many tools in the toolbox, start with his physical capability and his IQ. I can't wait to see what he can do.

I don't know how much of a look we will get at him this season. Depending on how far Minnesota goes, he might not be available until after April 8 which would leave only three regular season games.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
True, but this can probably said for most guys making around what he is. If they are consistent they are probably making 3-4million playing a middle six role putting up 40-50 points whilst being strong defensively, like a 2018-19 zach hyman.

Engvall has his flaws, especially in the playoffs where I can’t even remember if he’s scored a goal or not, but it’s going to be hard to find a player who brings more overall value than him at the same cap hit
i think we could realistically find a younger prospect(abruzesse, steeves, knies etc) that could provide what pierre provides and a bit more physically speaking and use that money for something else, but thats just me..i just dont see pierre ever being a consistant enough player, or a player that contributes in multiple ways when hes not producing offensively. to me hes a product of a very good system that doesnt do enough well individually on a night to night basis especially against harder competition(his points this year are vs van, sjs, anaheim, kingsx2, buf, minny and car.)

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Anybody want some...
th

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
The only thing I can think of is that Bunting, Matthews, Tavares, Marner, and Sandin (and maybe others) deliberately blew brilliant set-ups from him. :sarcasm:

Or "stuff happens".

I think we still have to say "alleged incident".
Dont know how his passes was but he had 6 shots on goal , you would think someone could net from a rebound or something. I truly belive his teammates want him to succede :)

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Dont know how his passes was but he had 6 shots on goal , you would think someone could net from a rebound or something. I truly belive his teammates want him to succede :)
I didn't think his shots were the best, but he set up several excellent chances that just didn't go it.

The nature of the game - some days you're great and get nothing, other days you play like crap and have two bounce in off your butt.

Reactions: ZEBROA

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I didn't think his shots were the best, but he set up several excellent chances that just didn't go it.

The nature of the game - some days you're great and get nothing, other days you play like crap and have two bounce in off your butt.
I thought he actually looked better than he did in his 5 point night.

You are bang on. Sometimes it just doesn't happen

Reactions: kb

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Timmins has been a pleasant surprise I really think he has so much more as he plays more cant wait until he unloads his big shot

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad