Post-Game Talk: We win - Ducks really want Bedard - Sammie with B2B shutouts!

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
So what do you do now about goaltending? Murray was gawdawful last game but gawdlike the few games before that. Sammy's numbers are insane and he looks like no one will ever score on him again. Good problem to have but still I'm glad I don't have to make the call for the next game.

Mar 26, 2010
Samsonov is better than Murray. He should be the starter. Murray has had a few good games but I don’t trust him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Good clean game against a weak team. This game concerned me a bit, but we didn't play down to them which is good. Samsanov was good but not really tested too much and gets another shutout. Good for Kerfoot to get two. A bad start but can still turn it around. Timmins has been excellent in a short sample.

Reactions: Rocker13

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Oof.

1670986940913.png

• Wow
Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
he doesn’t deserve hate but it would be a coincidence. its classic leafs luck. I’m almost expecting it to happen

It may happen even without Mo and thats ok.... part of the game. Also, although I'd prefer Lily on PP1, with Sandin it isn't as great IMO with Mo the PP is a bit more dynamic

Rielly is really important to the d-core. When we play against fast teams his speed would help temendously. And most of the top notch teams have speed. Can't expect Gio to keep logging heavy mins; its gonna burn him out

Reactions: Cleetus and Jojalu

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
So what do you do now about goaltending? Murray was gawdawful last game but gawdlike the few games before that. Sammy's numbers are insane and he looks like no one will ever score on him again. Good problem to have but still I'm glad I don't have to make the call for the next game.

Sammy took a "show me" contract for a year; so I am pretty sure he is more driven. That said, i keep alternating them. Minimize risk of injury for both of them; keeps them both in game shape and it may help down the road especially in the playoffs.

Last game although Murray gave up a few goals I wouldn't call them really weak goals. Calgary was playing pretty well. Ducks were absolutely SUCKING tonight so I don't think that is a good indication of the quality of goal tending. Sammy got his last shutout against the Kings who don't have potent offense IMO either.

I say keep rolling them both ! ;)

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

I think you keep rotating them, but if Murray struggles in his next two starts and Sammy keep it up that you ride Sammy a bit more.

Injury prone goalies are a risk so keeping them healthy and not overplaying them is so important

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Ducks fans are salty about Kampf getting back at Zegras :laugh:

giphy.gif

Looks like Kerfoot even shocked himself he scored 2 goals tonight, lol

I don't know man... I thought he was crushing on the reporter. She asked him a question and he got stuck/confused and answered something else completely during the intermission :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad