Post-Game Talk: We win - Ducks really want Bedard - Sammie with B2B shutouts!

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Two guys that really stood out to me last night:

Holmberg and Timmins.
Holmberg looks like he will become a very decent player. He's very responsible, always seems to make the right play, never makes any mistakes.
Timmins looks very comfortable back there, very good quick outlet passes, doesn't get overwhelmed and plays with confidence, if he can stay healthy he can be a decent Dman for us. If Timmins continues this play what do we do when Rielly comes back? It would be a shame to sit the kid when he's been so good.

Reactions: Fogelhund and geo25

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
When jarkrok returns, move malgin to the 4th line. ZAR not really doin much since he was moved away from Kampf. Neither has Malgin, but the latter has hands and drives possession. Jarnkrok, otoh, was productive when moved to the 2nd
Hfboards was being weird for me post game

Just wanted to say the expected guys played like they should, but one guy who has impressed me the last couple of games is engvall

He’s started looking like the guy he looked like last game, keep that line together

Nice that Joey got a goal, hopefully he gets a nice look, he has a decent motor for forechecking

We really need a 2nd LW, imagine if it’s an actual winger instead of malgin….marners point streak ain’t ending anytime soon then
Engvall always plays well with Kampf for some reason

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I’m still in disbelief that Dubas was able to get Timmins for Douglas.

This was an incredibly shrewd move and if Timmins continues to settle in and run with this opportunity, he can really solidify our RHD and create several options for Dubas when we start to get healthy on D.

Dubas has frustrated me in the past with his trades, but he is evolving and has impressed with his ability to identify opportunities. Like anyone, he misses on some, but he also recognizes it an moves on from it.

Enjoying watching Timmins. I think he could make things interesting for us by the TDL.
The deal never made sense. Wouldn’t be surprised if either the Coyotes did them a favour or they owed they owed them one from the past.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Remember when Gibsons agent publicly came out and said he didn't want to play for us? Good times. Have fun with that shit show Gibby.

He's perfectly welcome to play where he wants to.

I was never onboard with the media narrative as it's insane to spend valuable assets on a goalie YEARS past his prime. The chance of it failing is extremely high.

Could you imagine if we'd given up a 1st and Knies as some of the "experts" we're saying we MUST do? Insane.

Reactions: LeafSteel and kb

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Points% is the way to go, teams haven't played the same number of games

As of right now we'd draw the Pens using the 1-8 format and points%. I'll take them over Tampa
Well technically yes, but the % difference .006

Just pointing out that the divisional format isn't that radically different than the conference format.

Win your division
Win your conference
Win the overall

Pretty logical approach IMO

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Team played absolutely dominant this game. Marners insane point streak has really been the best thing to happen to us this season.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Remember when the media narrative was that the Leafs had to give up the farm to get John Gibson as there was no other option?

Remember when Gibsons agent publicly came out and said he didn't want to play for us? Good times. Have fun with that shit show Gibby.
I read these in Chris Farley voice.

The TSN broadcast was talking about how Eakins took exception to this photo of Wendel being hung up at the arena while a member of Leafs/Marlies staff because he was the Jet in the background who got beat up. What an egotistical nobody...

View attachment 621409
The funniest part of the story was Dallas claiming the fight was a draw.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Kevin Shattenkirk still seething...

1671026210358.png

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Who starts game next game?
Not sure about next game, but when we play ANH next, we could probably throw a pylon in between the pipes and net another shut-out.

And WTF is wrong with Shattenkirk. Kampf got crosschecked in the ribs by w/e (was Shattenkirk even involved in that?). Kampf dishes out a weak check after the play and get's lynched for his efforts. Shattenkirk skates over, takes him down from the gallows and beats the shit out of him while there's 50 dudes on top of him.

Please dress Wayne Train next time we play these plugs and have him remind Shattenkirk how to be more polite.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Matthew Knies has entered the chat.
That's what I'm counting down the days to as well, @TheBeastCoast .

I think his game will mesh perfectly with Tavares, and Marner could play with a PeeWee House League player and still make him a threat to score.

Knies will have a learning curve, but I do think that is where he belongs. He has so many tools in the toolbox, start with his physical capability and his IQ. I can't wait to see what he can do.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Remember when the media narrative was that the Leafs had to give up the farm to get John Gibson as there was no other option?

He looked awful... but the Ducks are also awful. But yeah, that was always weird.

I think the Ducks will regret not trading Gibson while he had value.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Not sure about next game, but when we play ANH next, we could probably throw a pylon in between the pipes and net another shut-out.

And WTF is wrong with Shattenkirk. Kampf got crosschecked in the ribs by w/e (was Shattenkirk even involved in that?). Kampf dishes out a weak check after the play and get's lynched for his efforts. Shattenkirk skates over, takes him down from the gallows and beats the shit out of him while there's 50 dudes on top of him.

Please dress Wayne Train next time we play these plugs and have him remind Shattenkirk how to be more polite.

Shattenkirk rarely shows much if any aggression, it was odd to see.

Back to back very long nights causing some boil over I guess.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
When jarkrok returns, move malgin to the 4th line. ZAR not really doin much since he was moved away from Kampf. Neither has Malgin, but the latter has hands and drives possession. Jarnkrok, otoh, was productive when moved to the 2nd line.

Malgin is a line driver. He is not bad with Tavares/Marner just because he is a good player in general, but he is at his best when he can be a bottom-6 version of Marner.

Jarnkrok is more of a pure shot than a puck-carrier so he makes more sense.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He looked awful... but the Ducks are also awful. But yeah, that was always weird.

I think the Ducks will regret not trading Gibson while he had value.

You thought he looked awful? The first goal wasn't great, but the second was peewee level defense allowing the Leafs to essentially pass the puck into an open net. I thought the prevailing take away would be that he was just about the only thing keeping that a close game (at 2-0) at the point he got injured (definitely was the take from a couple of my Leafs fan buddies). Take away the back door tap in that no goalie was stopping and he was at 25 saves on 26 shots at the halfway point of the game. I realize "looking awful" can mean more than just statistics but he was pretty much the only Ducks player pulling his weight.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
How did Nylander manage to not get a point in this game?
That must be elite and worth its own prize in some strange way...
The only thing I can think of is that Bunting, Matthews, Tavares, Marner, and Sandin (and maybe others) deliberately blew brilliant set-ups from him. :sarcasm:

Or "stuff happens".

Neither Timmins nor Mete were at the gala in London where the incident took place.
I think we still have to say "alleged incident".

Reactions: Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad