OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
1. Brad Park signed a picture of him and I, taken when I was 16 years old.

2. My fried chicken is the best on the planet. And I'm willing to back that up.

3. Possible? Maybe, but highly unlikely.

4. No. I think those shows are dumb.

5. David Ross. The former manager of the Chicago Cubs. My teammates give me shit about it all the time.

Reactions: sooshii and BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
On this last day of the Bruins' regular season, how about some questions for fun?

1) What is your most treasured Bruins possession and is there a story behind it?

2) Do you have a specialty that you cook or bake?

3) Do you believe that time travel is possible?

4) If you could compete on Survivor, would you do it?

5) Have you ever been told you resemble a famous person, if so, who?
1. The 2011 SC Champions framed pic with a piece of game 7 game net - my brother won it for worst golf shot at a tournament. It was destined to be mine since he is an excellent golfer. His embarrassment was my good fortune.

2. Not really but my family get their faves on occasions - I prefer baking though.

3. No, never

4. No, never

5. When I was very young, Jaclyn Smith (more to do with the hair) and later in life Sally Field....lol

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
On this last day of the Bruins' regular season, how about some questions for fun?

1) What is your most treasured Bruins possession and is there a story behind it?

1. I don't really own any Bruins stuff. I used to have an old ratty oversized early 2000s jersey but finally dumped it in a move. I bought a Bruins dog bandana last time I was in NH. I'll have to put it on my dog for the playoff run.

2. I love to cook and there are a lot of recipes I've been trying to to master. Can't say any one particular recipe stands out as a specialty, though my fettuccine al burro is a quick, easy, and delicious meal.

3. It's self-contradictory and philosophically impossible

4. No, I don't have much interest in going on survivor.

5. I've gotten some weird ones, ranging from Stephen Moyer from True Blood to "a young John Malkovich." I don't think any of them were all that accurate.

Reactions: sooshii and BMC

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

1..Bobby Orr auto'd card and my little Bruins pendent that never comes off....it even survived last year's playoff debacle
2. I don't cook - but I make a mean grilled cheese or tomato sammich
3. Don't know - don't think about it
4. F**k no
5. No, but Dame Judi Dench and I have the same hair color and style

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Good list Caz. Here goes:

1) A puck signed by Glen Murray and Travis Green. After the 2004 lockout, I took my kids to the garden on the day tickets went on sale and we got to skate and meet some of the players. Murray and Green signed a puck for us. That Christmas, my oldest (age 8) gave the puck to me with a note that said that I never got souveniers for myself so she thought I should have it. Pretty cool.

2) No, I like to cook but don't necessarily have a go-to dish. Maybe seafood paella.

3) No

4) Not a chance. Wouldn't want to be away from my family for that long.

5) Les Nessman (a very dated reference).

• Love
Reactions: BMC and caz16

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Good list Caz. Here goes:

1) A puck signed by Glen Murray and Travis Green. After the 2004 lockout, I took my kids to the garden on the day tickets went on sale and we got to skate and meet some of the players. Murray and Green signed a puck for us. That Christmas, my oldest (age 8) gave the puck to me with a note that said that I never got souveniers for myself so she thought I should have it. Pretty cool.

2) No, I like to cook but don't necessarily have a go-to dish. Maybe seafood paella.

3) No

4) Not a chance. Wouldn't want to be away from my family for that long.

5) Les Nessman (a very dated reference).
Do you believe turkeys can fly?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It takes a special kind of stupid for this to happen

Or drunkenness

Otherwise how do you miss the giant bridge above you?

• Wow
Reactions: caz16 and BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
A very old and thin CCM pullover jacket. My mother had a shop stitch Neely and an 8 on the back of it. My father had it for years but now I have it somehow. There's a tiny hole in the belly of it where pops dropped some ash from a joint. That story changed many times over the years and I'm not sure why he would never just admit he was getting high at a hockey game.

Not really much of a chef. Lately the kids have been enjoying my chicken thighs I guess

I don't think so, but I am a simpleton. I do enjoy a good time travel/time loop film though!

Hell no. I get grumpy once the temps hit 60

Dave Grohl. Too many times. It used to be Ben Folds, then I grew out my hair and now it's Dave Grohl.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
A very old and thin CCM pullover jacket. My mother had a shop stitch Neely and an 8 on the back of it. My father had it for years but now I have it somehow. There's a tiny hole in the belly of it where pops dropped some ash from a joint. That story changed many times over the years and I'm not sure why he would never just admit he was getting high at a hockey game.

Not really much of a chef. Lately the kids have been enjoying my chicken thighs I guess

I don't think so, but I am a simpleton. I do enjoy a good time travel/time loop film though!

Hell no. I get grumpy once the temps hit 60

Dave Grohl. Too many times. It used to be Ben Folds, then I grew out my hair and now it's Dave Grohl.
Here’s an interesting post I wonder where they are going.lol

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Have a couple of Ray Bourque jerseys 7&77 Bobby Orr Jersey .Ray Bourque and Neely Rookie Cards ,don’t get me going on my Bobby Orr cards my Mon tossed them on me ,had been sitting in my closet for years .Grrrrrr.

• Wow
Reactions: caz16

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I just watched a podcast that Kato Kaelin did in response to OJ dying. The most interesting thing was how he later realized that when OJ knocked on his door to chat and telling him he was going to get something to eat, he was setting up an alibi, and Kato insisting on tagging along and going to McDonald's messed up OJ's whole timeline - giving him less time to clean the scene before his limo was scheduled to pick him up for his flight to Chicago, and Ron Goldman wouldn't have been there at the time of the murder either. He said he's felt some guilt over that but Goldman's sister consoled him on that.

That timeline theory would explain why the crime scene was so sloppy. If it was a cleaner murder and less evidence was left, I wonder if it would've been as much of a media circus as it was.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I just watched a podcast that Kato Kaelin did in response to OJ dying. The most interesting thing was how he later realized that when OJ knocked on his door to chat and telling him he was going to get something to eat, he was setting up an alibi, and Kato insisting on tagging along and going to McDonald's messed up OJ's whole timeline - giving him less time to clean the scene before his limo was scheduled to pick him up for his flight to Chicago, and Ron Goldman wouldn't have been there at the time of the murder either. He said he's felt some guilt over that but Goldman's sister consoled him on that.

That timeline theory would explain why the crime scene was so sloppy. If it was a cleaner murder and less evidence was left, I wonder if it would've been as much of a media circus as it was.
What podcast?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
What isitabout the f***ing mesh liners in mens bathing suits? Bought two new suits for upcoming trip. Suits are fine. Perfect for my size.
But the f***ing mesh liners inside are sized for members of the Lollipop Guild!

😡

Scissors required. Gonzo.
careful. i did that once and had some horrible chafing. lol. this was after a good 4 hours of boogie boarding. poor guy was useless for 2 days.

• Wow
Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
What isitabout the f***ing mesh liners in mens bathing suits? Bought two new suits for upcoming trip. Suits are fine. Perfect for my size.
But the f***ing mesh liners inside are sized for members of the Lollipop Guild!

😡

Scissors required. Gonzo.
Horrid.

I ended up getting a couple "swimming costumes" as my kids used to call them, from Duluth Trading. No mesh. Almost feel like a pair of athletic shorts just slightly thinner. While I'm on it, Duluth sells nice quality under garments for men as well. A little pricey, but well worth it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Horrid.

I ended up getting a couple "swimming costumes" as my kids used to call them, from Duluth Trading. No mesh. Almost feel like a pair of athletic shorts just slightly thinner. While I'm on it, Duluth sells nice quality under garments for men as well. A little pricey, but well worth it.

The underdraws I mentioned are from Duluth.

👍🏻

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

1. Not sure. I have a helmet that was Shane Hnidy's., a stick signed by Pasta the day he signed his new deal with the Bs, a stick signed by Big Z the game I got into a fight.

2. I love to bake. I make a couple of things at Christmas. Also make stuffed shells and lasagna that most folks like.

3. Not sure

4. No way

5. Not really. a few people told my kid that she looked like Jennifer Aniston but I don't see it.

Last edited:

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010

I collect game worn jerseys, and I have a home and away pair of a player with whom I share a last name...he only played a few dozen games in the NHL so he is not a household name, but I love having a game worn with my last name on the back.

I think my specialty is looking around the fridge and pantry, and coming up with a dish which is tasty from items which are not often used together.

Not yet...

Definitely...but with the full knowledge that I would probably one of the first to go home. I am not in outstanding physical shape, and I am probably not slick enough to do well in the social part of the game.

Chris Simon (RIP) back when I used to have facial hair, but it's probably mostly because I have long, dark hair.

My wife on the other hand has been mistaken for Kim Raver from Grey's Anatomy a number of times. (Yes, I am a very lucky man...)

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Bobby Orr autographed card I got as a kid

Omlettes...I am an expert....Beat the hell outta it and use ICE COLD water to make them fluffy

No way

Nope

Nope

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad