OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
1713192950301.jpeg

Happy Patriots Day to those who celebrate.
1713193361205.jpeg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Was Z running with anyone? Or was whoever next to him random? I didn't read up on the whole story so just curious.

As I said to a fan who misses the big man the other day, I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE ZDENO IN THE FRONT OFFICE OF THE BOSTON BRUINS.

I'm not kidding. I really, really hope this happens.

Survived 6 hours at Orlando Airport where there are 2 places open overnight - McDonald's and 7/11

Pick your poison.

Which did you choose, and are you still sentient?

• Love
Reactions: eightspokedb

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Was Z running with anyone? Or was whoever next to him random? I didn't read up on the whole story so just curious.
He's running for Team Hoyt

"Team Hoyt, the foundation formed in 1989 during a career in which Dick Hoyt pushed his wheelchair-bound son Rick to more than 1,000 finishes across the world. Dick died in 2021; Rick died last May. The second annual Team Hoyt Memorial race is planned for May 25 in Hopkinton."

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CBS said it will re-air its broadcast of Billy Joel's 100th consecutive performance at Madison Square Garden after it was cut short for some viewers on Sunday.
Joel was in the middle of singing "Piano Man" when local news began in some parts of the country.

"Due to the overwhelming demand from his legion of fans," Joel's performance, filmed on March 28, will air again in its entirety on April 19 at 9 p.m. ET, CBS said on Monday. Fans can also watch Joel's performance on Paramount+.

"A network programming timing error ended last night's Billy Joel special approximately two minutes early in the Eastern and Central Time Zones," Julie Holland, CBS's Vice President of Communications, said in a statement. "We apologize to Mr. Joel, his fans, our affiliated stations, and our audience whose viewing experience was interrupted during the last song."

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I hoy.pe the family allows his brain to be researched as I can't help thinking he had CTE issues. It would not condone anything but could explain why.

When he worked games for NBC in Foxborough he spent a lot of time working with the camera crew for hints to look for and he was fun to work with.. That said Will McDonough thought he had a projects mentality which Will grew up with in Southie.
Growing up in the projects, it would not condone anything either.....

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
CBS said it will re-air its broadcast of Billy Joel's 100th consecutive performance at Madison Square Garden after it was cut short for some viewers on Sunday.
Joel was in the middle of singing "Piano Man" when local news began in some parts of the country.

"Due to the overwhelming demand from his legion of fans," Joel's performance, filmed on March 28, will air again in its entirety on April 19 at 9 p.m. ET, CBS said on Monday. Fans can also watch Joel's performance on Paramount+.

"A network programming timing error ended last night's Billy Joel special approximately two minutes early in the Eastern and Central Time Zones," Julie Holland, CBS's Vice President of Communications, said in a statement. "We apologize to Mr. Joel, his fans, our affiliated stations, and our audience whose viewing experience was interrupted during the last song."

Coulda been worse. They could have played Heidi.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
On this last day of the Bruins' regular season, how about some questions for fun?

1) What is your most treasured Bruins possession and is there a story behind it?

2) Do you have a specialty that you cook or bake?

3) Do you believe that time travel is possible?

4) If you could compete on Survivor, would you do it?

5) Have you ever been told you resemble a famous person, if so, who?

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
He's running for Team Hoyt

"Team Hoyt, the foundation formed in 1989 during a career in which Dick Hoyt pushed his wheelchair-bound son Rick to more than 1,000 finishes across the world. Dick died in 2021; Rick died last May. The second annual Team Hoyt Memorial race is planned for May 25 in Hopkinton."

I'm not runner by any stretch, but at my height of fitness I barely touched the 8 minute mile for my 4-5 mile runs and it felt pretty freaking fast. To do that for 26 miles at his size is incredible. My knees and ankles hurt just thinking about it.

Guy really is a physical specimen, and works hard at it.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
On this last day of the Bruins' regular season, how about some questions for fun?

1) What is your most treasured Bruins possession and is there a story behind it?

1. A signed PJ Axelsson puck. An HFer had it in her collection. She knew how much I love PJ & she was kind enough to give it to me.

2. Toll house cookies and crock pot kielbasa.

3. Sure, why not.

4. Nope. Not ruthless enough.

5. No.

Reactions: sooshii and caz16

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

I have three.
1. My Bobby Orr jersey. ALWAYS wanted one and I wear it often.
2. My 2011 SCF Patrice Bergeron jersey. Absolutely love it.
3. A Bruins puck my old man bought for me at my first game at the Old Garden when I was 13.
I can grill a steak better than most people.
No.
No way. “Reality TV” brings out the worst in people. I’m all set.
Back when he played with the Red Sox, I was told a few times I look like Josh Beckett. I never thought so, but it happened a few times. One of those times two women walked up to me at a gas station thinking I was him until they got pretty close. I thought it was pretty funny.

Reactions: caz16 and BMC

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston

1. I guess not, though I had a custom made Carl Soderberg jersey made with the name replaced by 'The Yeti'. I think it arrived literally a day before he got traded. I still wear it to games though.

2. I cook a lot. Specialty / fan favorites are probably either my scallops or my chicken parm. I made a great mushroom side too.

3. Not in the traditional sense, like I don't think we can go backwards in any way, nor 'jump forward'. I do believe (is that even the right word?) in time dilation, where a person can appear to travel forward in time to a stationary object, but they themselves haven't truly traveled forward in time (think Interstellar water planet if you're not sure what I mean).

4. Nah, I'm not a people person and I don't like having a lot of attention on me. I imagine cameras in my face and manufactured rivalries would drive me nuts.

5. I've gotten both Matt Damon and Mark Wahlberg at different stages (haircuts). I think it's just because I'm short and have a vague local accent honestly, it's always out of state or from out of state people. An old lady at a restaurant once stopped me to tell me I looked like a young Ozzie Osbourne (had long hair). I made some person changes after that one.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

game puck caught at game 5 in 2011 conference finals against Tampa.
just a simple pizza with goat cheese bacon and bbq sauce instead of regular pizza sauce
not a chance
no way
someone said ethan hawke once and when 24 was on Tv someone said i looked like this character milo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad