Series Talk: WCSF - Nashville Predators (C1) vs Winnipeg Jets (C2) - Series Tied 3-3

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
If Fisher can't go I'd love to see this line up
Forsberg Joey arvi
Fiala turris Smith
Hartnell bones hook
Watson sissons Hartman

I would just switch Hartnell to Fiala's spot and move Fiala to Hartnell's spot. Then I like the lineup. A big body on each line to make it difficult for the Jet's lineup. That Fiala-Turris-Smith line can just go as far as I'm concerned. It's been snakebit for a while and not very good defensively. Maybe Fiala can get something going instead w/ Bones and Hook and Watson/Sissons can get something going w/ Hartman and being on the fourth line instead. As we need all our lines going as much as possible the next game. But w/ us winning the last game like we did, I would be fine w/ just putting our best players out there and double shifting Forsberg/Joey/Arvi if it came down to it. Whatever it takes to just get a win.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeauxPreds1

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
If Fisher can't go I'd love to see this line up
Forsberg Joey arvi
Fiala turris Smith
Hartnell bones hook
Watson sissons Hartman
I don't really want to break up Watson-Bonino-Sissions. They haven't had the offensive impact they had vs the Avs, but they have still played well, and all 3 will be jacked for game 7. We also need a shutdown line to deploy at times.

Of course I do want to break up the Fiala - Turris - Smith line. Not sure who to sub in/out but it needs a shakeup so bad. I'd put Hartnell/Hartman/Jarnk on that line, and hope the odd man out (Fiala/Smith) can provide a spark to the 4th line.

Why not Gaudreaux if Fisher can't go? I'm really, really done with Salamaki.

Although Fisher seems to be "playing it safe" since his return, you have to think his experience will be valuable come game 7.

Last edited:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I wouldn't mind Gaudreau playing either. Defensively responsible, can chip in offensively and doesn't take a lot of penalties and already has some NHL playoff experience.

NightowlPred

Apr 7, 2017
Yeah but he isn‘t used to the game pace at NHL level this season. I don‘t know if a game 7 is the right moment to slot him in if you have other options.
I personally like:

Hartnell - Bonino - Jarnkrok
Hartman - Sissons - Watson

Best for our bottom 6. hoping Hartman can keep his cool.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Yeah but he isn‘t used to the game pace at NHL level this season. I don‘t know if a game 7 is the right moment to slot him in if you have other options.
I personally like:

Those were our lines for the couple of games between the Hartman trade and the Jarnkrok injury and I always really liked them.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I personally like:

Hope springs eternal in the human breast; (A. Pope ca. 1734)

He that lives upon hope will die fasting. (B. Franklin, 1736)

..., men know that without hope they cannot really live, and in agonizing desperation they cry for the bread of hope. (M.L. King 1968)

Remember , Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, an no good thing ever dies. (S. King 1994)

But it's Ryan Hartman, whose proven that he can go brain dead at the drop of a hat.

To paraphrase a great man ... You can hope in one hand and piss in the other, see which one gets full first. (My dad, numerous times)

Reactions: Adz and PredsV82

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I like 95% of Hartman's game, a lot. The problem is, that last 5% is a real heap of crap. I thought he really hurt the team in game 5.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Wish I had a record of how many penalties he drew vs took. I do have the list of what he took regular season

upload_2018-5-9_14-46-7.png

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hope springs eternal in the human breast; (A. Pope ca. 1734)

He that lives upon hope will die fasting. (B. Franklin, 1736)

..., men know that without hope they cannot really live, and in agonizing desperation they cry for the bread of hope. (M.L. King 1968)

Remember , Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, an no good thing ever dies. (S. King 1994)

But it's Ryan Hartman, whose proven that he can go brain dead at the drop of a hat.

To paraphrase a great man ... You can hope in one hand and piss in the other, see which one gets full first. (My dad, numerous times)

My grandfather had a similar expression except it was something else to do in the other hand...

Also...

"Hope is a terrible thing on the scaffold"(Ohila, Sister of Karn, billions of years in the future)

Reactions: FossilFndr

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
You know you’re not catching a break drawing penalties when you get hacked in the manhood. Twice. And end up getting suspended from something you did later in the same game.
spearing has never been something that gets suspended. see johansen against vancouver. his hit was simply in retaliation and went for the head w/ his emotions all tore up. he's gonna have to mature mentally to be a key part of our bottom 6 going forward.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
spearing has never been something that gets suspended. see johansen against vancouver. his hit was simply in retaliation and went for the head w/ his emotions all tore up. he's gonna have to mature mentally to be a key part of our bottom 6 going forward.
Not to argue your over all concept but spearing does earn suspensions. Cup checks with the shaft of the stick don't and that is what happened to Hartman.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Not to argue your over all concept but spearing does earn suspensions. Cup checks with the shaft of the stick don't and that is what happened to Hartman.
i can't remember any off the top of my head. i believe you though. it is weird that a lot around the groin gets away w/o even a suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad