Series Talk: WCSF - Nashville Predators (C1) vs Winnipeg Jets (C2) - Series Tied 3-3

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
First time we’re actually hosting a game 7, correct? Should be a madhouse. Definitely going to get out of work as early as possible to get downtown.

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
First time we’re actually hosting a fame 7, correct? Should be a madhouse. Definitely going to get out of work as early as possible to get downtown.
i believe the only game 7 in our team history was against SJ and that didn't end well. first game 7 at home!

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Mr. Roman Josi, welcome to the postseason, my friend. It's been a long time.

Bring that kind of defensive effort to the Bridge and we will be successful.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I watched games 3 and 5 so far in this series. I won’t be watching tonight

I didnt watch game 4 or 6. Didnt check the phone, nothing. Resolved not to check the score until after midnight.

So now I have drw's dilemma for game 7. Of the lose, I dont want to have seen it. I get angry and irrational and I have 2 small kids in the house(not to mention a wife who already thinks my hockey obsession makes me insane).

If they win, yes I'll wish I had seen it but I'll know I can watch the next round...

Maybe I'll get called in for an emergency and it wont be my choice...

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I didnt watch game 4 or 6. Didnt check the phone, nothing. Resolved not to check the score until after midnight.

So now I have drw's dilemma for game 7. Of the lose, I dont want to have seen it. I get angry and irrational and I have 2 small kids in the house(not to mention a wife who already thinks my hockey obsession makes me insane).

If they win, yes I'll wish I had seen it but I'll know I can watch the next round...

Maybe I'll get called in for an emergency and it wont be my choice...

If you want to send me your phone #, and a few key words that scream "emergency" in your line of work, then I'm sure we can make sure to help you... :)

Reactions: predhead1

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
In the same boat, games 4 and 6 I was at work, although I did watch the OT game. Problem is this is our short week and we aren't working Thursday. If it doesn't start well I may drive to work and watch on my phone in the parking lot. :help:

NightowlPred

Apr 7, 2017
I got a similar issue. I always got to debate with myself if I want to set the alarm, get up in the middle of the night to watch the game. My GF thinks I am crazy. I just told her to not worry and in june at the latest I‘ll regain my sanity.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If we do win I am seriously considering not going Thursday- actually skipping a game 7, one of the biggest games in Preds history.

That would normally be unheard of for me to miss something like that.

The reasoning?

If we lose I will be glad that I didn't go and sit through that misery. Plus I will avoid a 3 1/2 hour drive home after the game where I will do nothing but stew over every little thing that went wrong.

But if we win I will be so ecstatic that we are moving on it will help take the sting out of the fact that I missed seeing it live.

The superstitious side of me says that me actually being there increases the chances that we will lose- lol.

OK- now that it is reality, I am seriously starting to waver- lol :help:

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
OK- now that it is reality, I am seriously starting to waver- lol :help:
Ya gotta go. Either way the boys deserve a send off salute for the season they delivered. Dont miss what might be the last chance for the year to do that.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Starting to look like it's a knee injury for Fisher. One of the Penalty Box guys noticed that his knee was tightly wrapped and that he had a significant limp. Sucks if that's the case.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Starting to look like it's a knee injury for Fisher. One of the Penalty Box guys noticed that his knee was tightly wrapped and that he had a significant limp. Sucks if that's the case.

That's too bad if true. Something about depth.....

Related, I wonder if Calle made it out ok. Hopefully he's back for the duration.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
No matter what happens I just want to see our guys give their best game and best effort yet and then I like our chances. If they play how I know they are capable of playing they will be successful. The games where they lost imo they didn't give their best effort and got easily flustered/panicked and played poorly as a result (probably the result of not playing a good team defense game). If this team can keep their composure and play how they played in game 4 and 6 even when things don't go their way, they can find success. They need to also learn not to get flustered even if they give up a goal and when they score to tie it up they still need to play the right way to keep the tie and not get back down again but to get the lead. And if they get down they just need to shrug it off and just have a better shift the next shift after that and play a whole 60 minutes game. They need to be a hungry team and a determined/focus team that plays the whole 60 minutes and don't let up just cause they have a lead if they have the lead. If this team can stay focus on the little details to their game and play a good/clean and smart game, they have a good chance at winning. They play sloppy, undisciplined, unfocused game they have a less chance of winning. Sometimes though it just comes down to luck. Oh who am I kidding at the end of the day I just want to team to come out w/ a win no matter what whether it's a pretty or ugly. Just win!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad