Series Talk: WCSF - Nashville Predators (C1) vs Winnipeg Jets (C2) - Series Tied 3-3

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
What a disappointment. But I can say this, I went into the series expecting to just absolutely hate the Jets and their fans by the end. Instead I think I actually hate them a little less.

The Jets have a great team with so many good players, and their troll fans managed to go mostly unseen (at least to me).

I'm just more disappointed in the Preds right now than I am mad at the Jets.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
That was such a let-down. If I had to lay blame for this series at the feet of particular players, I'd have to say the two that stick out the most are Rinne and Turris. Rinne was terrible, and Turris contributed next to nothing while his Jets counterpart Stastny was excellent.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
That was such a let-down. If I had to lay blame for this series at the feet of particular players, I'd have to say the two that stick out the most are Rinne and Turris. Rinne was terrible, and Turris contributed next to nothing while his Jets counterpart Stastny was excellent.
I dunno... Rinne, yes. Turris... he was terrible/useless but he's maybe what... our 9th best/most important player? I could find a few players higher up the list closer to Rinne who I'm more disappointed with than Turris.

But I already feel a little "past" all that. These things haven't really changed much since Day 1 of these playoffs, I'm kind of ready to move on. I know all these players are better than that, and I'm reasonably confident they'll be back in form next year. Maybe they had injuries and maybe not, there could be some new information that comes out on that front, but nevertheless I don't want to get too carried away in further voicing my disappointment with some of the individual performances.

Poile has built a good roster here, I've believed in that all year, and I'm not ready to revise that evaluation. I have some small tweaks I'd hope to see for next year, but it's nothing that's going to touch any of the key players, even the ones who disappointed me most in these playoffs. They'll be back.

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
NSH and WPG was the series of the playoffs...wish it could have been the SCF but that's unrealistic. The Preds have an awesome team, and excellent ownership group and a fan base that's second to none! I hope that ignorant jets fans were few and far between (we've got some real vocal homers) but know that most of us respect the hell out of your team and especially your fans! Mostly because of how much both teams and fan bases mirror eachother. Unfortunately for both fan bases we're going to be bitter rivals for the next decade due to the fact we likely top the Central every year together but I want you to be aware we (as Winnipegers) respect the hell out of both your team, and you the fans!

Take care...we'll see you this time next year almost certainly!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I normally don't go into opposition threads, especially after a loss (out of respect). I usually hate it when fans from other teams do it to us. BUT, I just want to say - I have always supported the fans of the Predators. I love your city, your building and your fan base. People criticize your chanting but I love it - it so unique and I love that kind of stuff in sport.

The Jets were very fortunate to win this series. A couple of bad starts by Rinne was the difference.

All the best next year, can't wait to get back to Nashville to take in a game!

Reactions: Adz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad