Series Talk: WCSF - Nashville Predators (C1) vs Winnipeg Jets (C2) - Series Tied 3-3

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Someone help me try to hate the Jets. I can't find anything I hate about them.

Sorry @AtlantaWhaler , I want to hate them but I can't. I can't even hate Byfuglien.
The Jets team? Hard to find too many reasons outside of some of Buffy's bullshit. Otherwise they are highly skilled, gritty and play a solid team game.

Jets fans are an entirely different matter.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Trust me, I feel like a piece of **** but I just *can't* find anything to hate about them.

Laine is a monster, Schiefele is tremendous, Buff might be my favorite non-Predator. He seriously has the best facial expressions at the most crucial moments that make me laugh out loud sometimes.

Damnit, why can't I hate properly!!!!

Jarnkrok was put on the shelf by a dirty hit from Copp/Cropp or however you spell his name.
Matt Hendricks gave me heartburn here.
I can't spell byfuglien or schlafley, 2 of their best players
Laine's beard is gross
Paul Stastny spurned us for STL years ago.

you are welcome

RedWillys

Dec 13, 2017
I wish I had a crystal ball to see how the game would have ended if the poorly called penalty against 51 wasn’t called. The game turned right then and there.

Reactions: predhead1

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I wish I had a crystal ball to see how the game would have ended if the poorly called penalty against 51 wasn’t called. The game turned right then and there.
even then that resulted in a 4 on 4, not a PP for the jets. watsons hit was clean but we screwed this up by sitting back against the best home team in the league with a goalie who has zero confidence. we choked.

Reactions: sparkle twin

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
(Paraphrasing)
Reporter to Ellis: do you hear the crowd, does it have an effect on you?

Ellis: it's nothing we aren't used to because of our fans every night. We play in a loud, rocking building every night.

...And now Wheeler is saying we pump in noise. :eyeroll:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
(Paraphrasing)
Reporter to Ellis: do you hear the crowd, does it have an effect on you?

Ellis: it's nothing we aren't used to because of our fans every night. We play in a loud, rocking building every night.

...And now Wheeler is saying we pump in noise. :eyeroll:
Yeah that's real smart, get the fans real stirred up before you come back for game 5. That comment may produce the loudest crowd anyone has heard in Nashville.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Jesus these guys have got to figure out a way to win this series, I hate Jets fans so damn much. I've never been an ass to any fans after a series, but I'll sure as hell show mine after this one if we can get our heads out of our asses and win.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Yup. Dont ask me how or why, but I dont think they just roll over and die
i don't think they will roll over either. but it's winnipeg we are playing at and rinne is a hot mess these playoffs. very slim chance.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
i don't think they will roll over either. but it's winnipeg we are playing at and rinne is a hot mess these playoffs. very slim chance.
You know what this team has pissed me off a lot of times this season. They've left me dumbfounded and asking why so many times, but there is one thing this team hasn't done and that's quit. How many times have we thought this season that this team wasn't coming back, turned tv's off, and who knows what else only to find out later they did it. It wasn't always pretty, and not everyone played that well, but some how they did it.

One thing that has carried over from last year is that whenever we think they possibly can't do something these fools figure out how to do it. Whether that's coming back from 3 goals in the 3rd or winning Game 6 with Colton freaking Sissons as your #1 Center, some how they seem to do it. Yeah it's Winnipeg, but f#ck Winnipeg.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Sometimes people need to feel enormous pressure in order to perform at their best. This is true in day to day life and I know it’s true in sport. Hopefully Lavi is able to make these guys feel that pressure because right now they need to be acting as if they’ve been backed into a corner. Time to fight.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I've been trying this year to go with the opposite of a playoff beard. I shaved the day of game 1 against Colorado and we won. Game 1 against WPG, didn't shave, we lost. Game 2, did, we won. Game 3, didn't, we lost. That's on me, I'll fix it tomorrow.

Pekka4Vezina

Mar 24, 2018
Sometimes people need to feel enormous pressure in order to perform at their best. This is true in day to day life and I know it’s true in sport. Hopefully Lavi is able to make these guys feel that pressure because right now they need to be acting as if they’ve been backed into a corner. Time to fight.
They are backed into a corner. If we lose game 4 the series is over. No way we win 3 in a row against the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad