Series Talk: WCSF - Nashville Predators (C1) vs Winnipeg Jets (C2) - Series Tied 3-3

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Cool story. Does anyone here know this guy?

Apparently Buff's mom fed him Hardee's and mashed potatoes. This is a pretty cool story.

https://www.bardown.com/predators-f...ustin-byfuglien-s-parents-at-game-2-1.1072074
Predators fan details incredible encounter he had with Dustin Byfuglien's parents during Game 2

BarDown Staff
danny-murphy-icon-sportswire-via-getty-images.png

Danny Murphy/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
Playoff hockey is intense for fans, too, and over the course of a series, there are a lot of things fans say to players on the other team to heckle them or try and get under their skin.
You obviously have to be in the arena to do this and Predators fans definitely have no fear when it comes to chirps and chants directed at opposing players (especially goaltenders).
Sunday night, for example, this Predators fan by the name of Ben McGreevy tried to get under Dustin Byfuglien's skin all night long with some playful chirps. What Ben didn't know was that Byfuglien's parents were sitting right behind him.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Jeez, did that feel like we were gonna pepper them with shots in OT and lose on the first fluke shot they had. So glad we won, now we need to steal an away game from them.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
we can do this. we can play so much better and we are still tied 1-1.

Exactly. You have to think somehow, some way, Pekka is going to come up with a good game.

Yesterday had to be good mentally. After dominating game one and just getting stonewalled by Hellebuyck, yesterday proved that yes, we can score on this guy.

Obviously would much rather win game 3 and make game 4 a must win for them rather than the other way arounds.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Someone help me try to hate the Jets. I can't find anything I hate about them.

Sorry @AtlantaWhaler , I want to hate them but I can't. I can't even hate Byfuglien.

GASP! My brother at war. Liking the....Jets. I may never recover from this blow you have dealt me.

Though....Buff and Little are pretty tough to hate.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
A true inspiration and hero. My gosh I hope this guy just gets everything he can hope for in life.

He started a GoFundMe to help the families of the killed pay for funerals with the goal of $15,000. It has raised $200k+, and I'm pretty sure he is donating the money for the GoFundMe set up by someone else for him which has also raised $200k+. They guy is seriously just a good dude.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
He started a GoFundMe to help the families of the killed pay for funerals with the goal of $15,000. It has raised $200k+, and I'm pretty sure he is donating the money for the GoFundMe set up by someone else for him which has also raised $200k+. They guy is seriously just a good dude.

Wow.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Jesus. He should definitely accept the goodwill. What a great human.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
GASP! My brother at war. Liking the....Jets. I may never recover from this blow you have dealt me.

Though....Buff and Little are pretty tough to hate.

Trust me, I feel like a piece of shit but I just *can't* find anything to hate about them.

Laine is a monster, Schiefele is tremendous, Buff might be my favorite non-Predator. He seriously has the best facial expressions at the most crucial moments that make me laugh out loud sometimes.

Damnit, why can't I hate properly!!!!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Jesus. He should definitely accept the goodwill. What a great human.
Yeah I agree especially if he has something like student loans or what have you, I think most people would see that as a fine use of it.

I figure it's his though so if he wants to give it away then props to him. Can't say I would do the same, but I'm probably in a lot different position than he is too.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Trust me, I feel like a piece of **** but I just *can't* find anything to hate about them.

Laine is a monster, Schiefele is tremendous, Buff might be my favorite non-Predator. He seriously has the best facial expressions at the most crucial moments that make me laugh out loud sometimes.

Think of all the Canadian entitlement that is feeding the media hype. See the way they just post in front of their goaltender and the minute they are forced to move the good guys score. Finally, Laine's ...."beard". Offensive to all facial hair.

Now. Give in. Let the hate FLOW through you. RISE LORD JONESEY

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Buff might be my favorite non-Predator.

I came to this realization myself last night. He is the one guy I would love to just take from the Jets and plug into our roster somehow. Ultimate love to hate opposing player.

Laine on the other hand? The dude looks like he came straight out of some Finnish version of "Deliverance" or, for the more obscure reference, "Gummo". Just can't get past that.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I'm the only Preds mod who has the sand to hate Buff I see.

I'll say it. f*** Dustin Bigfuglyalien. I'll bench press that motherf***er before I eat his Hardee's and smile at his Mom.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Trust me, I feel like a piece of **** but I just *can't* find anything to hate about them.

If they knock us out and you still cant muster up some decent animosity you should turn in your Catfish Card and go volunteer to moderate The Lounge

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
If they knock us out and you still cant muster up some decent animosity you should turn in your Catfish Card and go volunteer to moderate The Lounge

I'll be upset if they knock us out, but if they do it will be because we didn't perform as well as we should. No team in the NHL is as good as ours IMO.

Reactions: LCPreds

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Meh, we just haven't seen the "real Jets" yet.

Well Game 2 was a little closer to the real Jets, it was more like I expected these games to be, just chock full of all kinds of hockey with the outcome teetering on the brink throughout. But they weren't as Bad as they sometimes are (and maybe the Refs could be partly thanked for that?)

Game 1 was just bizarre because they didn't show up - and won anyway. Throw that game right in the trash in terms of getting a hate on for the Jets, it was just... it was too weird.

They'll get back to being fully Bad and we'll get some bad officiating to go along with it again at some point to really drive the point home, and nobody will be able to resist hating them.

Reactions: Runforthecup

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I never thought the sport I love would get bumped due to a horse race that lasts a minute. Can’t believe people who also watch hockey actually sit around and watch that broadcast all day.

While I share your dislike of the start time, it's actually got nothing to do with a horse race or NBC. The Jets/Preds matchup is designated as the second half of the Hockey Night in Canada telecast, which is a religion here on Saturday nights, so it gets moved to a late start. And whatever HNIC wants, the rest of us have to put up with, even if it means getting home from the game early on Sunday morning.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad