GDT: WCQF Game 6 | Anaheim @ Detroit | 8:00 PM EST | FSD / CNBC / TSN2 / KDOC

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
There's nothing to "get over."

You can't possibly tell me that Babcock has done nothing worthy of criticism this series. Because that's your attitude right now. His net presence might be positive, but it can always be better.

Babcock has done a whole hell of a lot more right than he's done wrong. When Ozzie was ******** the bed during Howie's rookie season Babs rode him all the way to the playoffs. If Ken Holland could have sent Howie down he would have; all he cares about is the cap hit. It's ****ing pathetic.

What on earth has Holland done right since Hossa fell into his lap? It's all been turtle, turtle, turtle. :shakehead

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
You do realize you have a piece of **** on your team named Bertuzzi, right? Who's gonna get his balls sued off when his case finally gets to court. Don't act like your team is squeaky clean when you have the biggest goon in the league on your team.

hahahahahahahah hahahahahahaa

post is definition of sour grapes. bertuzzi is the last player on this team to attack. he has done nothing in like six seven years..

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
It's really sad that this place is a wellspring of negativity even immediately after an OT win in the playoffs.

Did you watch the last 5 minutes of regulation? Everyone has the right to be upset how the lead was lost. We're all thrilled they won. But still. Should never have came to that.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
... it seems like you argued with my point, and then made my counter-argument for me.

It doesn't matter what line you're on or what position you're playing. You have to play a simple game and be smart with the puck. From Datsyuk down to Lashoff. You can't think too much and can't try to be too fancy.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Did you watch the last 5 minutes of regulation? Everyone has the right to be upset how the lead was lost. We're all thrilled they won. But still. Should never have came to that.

It's everyone's CHOICE as to if they'd prefer to enjoy the win or to ***** incessantly about how the game should have been won in regulation instead.

Unfortunately, a large share of this giant gang of downers has elected to do the latter.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
The Ducks have outscored us by 4 over this series.

Great, and the Wings outscored the Ducks in 2007. That series had precisely one blowout game, and so has this one. Your point has not even the slightest bit of merit.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Great, and the Wings outscored the Ducks in 2007. That series had precisely one blowout game, and so has this one. Your point has not even the slightest bit of merit.

I'm pretty sure we were not the 7th seed going up against the #2 seed in that series. Please correct me if I'm wrong. How many rookies were we playing in that series? I love apples and oranges, the thing is they are totally different! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Heh. Babcock has proven himself at every level and he's proven himself here. He's only had two seasons where we've underperformed given our seeding. The first was the first year he was here and the second was last year. There is no one who seriously follows hockey who thinks this roster is good enough to beat the second team in the conference. The fact we have taken them to 7 games with 4 of the last 5 going to OT shows his coaching ability.

Again, not sure why you're saying blowing 2 late game leads is evidence that the coach is doing a great job. Anybody that seriously follows hockey takes parity seriously. Your infatuation with seeding is trivial.

Babcock is in the same place he was in when he first got here.
don't know what that means.

Holland needs to step aside and give Babcock what he needs to get us back to being one of the better teams in the conference.

This team is what Holland trying to give Babcock what he needs looks like. It's not pretty.

Holland has done nothing since Hossa fell into his lap. That's a fact, regardless of how much it pains you.

GDT is for celebration! Let's move the Babcock/Holland stuff to the other thread.

Top Shelfer

Bingo Bango!
Dec 22, 2008
The Motor City
This team has blown so many leads in this series, argh.
Guys like Quincey, Kronwall (0 pts in this series) and the horrible Filppula owe Z and Datsyuk free dinners from here to the day they part being teammates.
Wings players should learn from Perry's trip on Quincey late in the 3rd. Refs won't call that when a team is down by a goal late in a game. Vlad, Cheli and Mr. Hockey used their elbows effectively when they knew they could get away with it. I hate Perry but he's smarter than he looks.
Is it even possible to bench Filppula? This team I think doesn't have the roster a spare Center to replace him. Maybe the Wings can say he's injured do to lack of heart and brain damage.
Dress Tootoo and move someone else over to Center for Game 7 PLEASE!

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
This team has blown so many leads in this series, argh.
Guys like Quincey, Kronwall (0 pts in this series) and the horrible Filppula owe Z and Datsyuk free dinners from here to the day they part being teammates.
Wings players should learn from Perry's trip on Quincey late in the 3rd. Refs won't call that when a team is down by a goal late in a game. Vlad, Cheli and Mr. Hockey used their elbows effectively when they knew they could get away with it. I hate Perry but he's smarter than he looks.
Is it even possible to bench Filppula? This team I think doesn't have the roster a spare Center to replace him. Maybe the Wings can say he's injured do to lack of heart and brain damage.
Dress Tootoo and move someone else over to Center for Game 7 PLEASE!

We've blown so many leads because our defense is garbage. Bogosian and Bouwmeester would have helped. Kyle Quincey? Not so much.

Niklask Kronwall: NORRIS!!

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
I ****ing hate this team. I ****ing hate them.

I'm done with this team. See ya guys later.

We're going to lose this in regulation.

This team is pathetic

This is the worst team I've seen since the dead things era.

At this point I honestly don't care if we blow up the entire team except for Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Its not even like watching the wings anymore so why not push the red button?

I wonder how many of these people cheered at the OT goal as if they hadn't completely given up already. Pathetic.

I can't wait to see the empty, self-righteous responses I'll get from them.

The mother****** captain.

There's one.

I still have faith. Just run the Bert-Franzen-Sammy line

And here's the one person on here in the entirety of the intermission who kept the faith. Well done.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
I think the fact that you cheer for a guy like Bertuzzi is sickening. Do a little research and you'll see how much of an ******* he was and still is after the incident. And you think the Ducks are more dirty than the wings? Remind me, which team had a player suspended for 2 games because of a dirty hit? Thought so.

Haha, objectivity is important my friend. As are compassion and forgiveness. I don't know Bertuzzi personally, I doubt you do, all I know is he's been a class act since he's been here. There's plenty of research you can do about the way Bertuzzi was brought up in hockey that may point to a tradgedy like that one being inevitable. #Perspective

I never said that I thought the ducks were more dirty than the wings, but now that you mention... it'd be hard to argue against. Abdelkader made a dumb hit, that is true though.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Again, not sure why you're saying blowing 2 late game leads is evidence that the coach is doing a great job. Anybody that seriously follows hockey takes parity seriously. Your infatuation with seeding is trivial.

This team is what Holland trying to give Babcock what he needs looks like. It's not pretty.

Our defense is garbage. That is on the GM. That's why we cannot protect any lead. There have been several games where we have a lead and the defense cannot protect the lead.

That's on our GM who thought Kyle Quincey was worth a first round draft pick.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
We've blown so many leads because our defense is garbage. Bogosian and Bouwmeester would have helped. Kyle Quincey? Not so much.

Niklask Kronwall: NORRIS!!

It's really, really funny how you're blathering on about Bogosian in complete ignorance of the fact that the rumor you're referencing never had any substance whatsoever. It takes nothing more than a bit of intelligence to realize that the Thrashers would not have traded away their best defensive prospect in exchange for an unremarkable, soon-to-be-UFA Ericsson and a Hudler in the midst of the worst season of his career.

But please do carry on.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I have hardly heard Kronwall's name outside of the huge hit he had earlier in the series.

I really like how he adjusts his game. He can play an offensive role, but sacrifices defense. He's taken on a safe defensive role, and he's been stellar IMO.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
It doesn't matter what line you're on or what position you're playing. You have to play a simple game and be smart with the puck. From Datsyuk down to Lashoff. You can't think too much and can't try to be too fancy.

If you're on a scoring line, there is a burden to create offense, moreso than there is on a checking line. I don't think that's debatable.

Dumping the puck behind your goal is not a fancy play by any means.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I have hardly heard Kronwall's name outside of the huge hit he had earlier in the series.

I really like how he adjusts his game. He can play an offensive role, but sacrifices defense. He's taken on a safe defensive role, and he's been stellar IMO.

his pair has been excellent tonight. we need him to continue to be great

btw this pro anti Babcock thing is getting very annoying. why dont you guys go find your own thread over there?

CloneHakanPlease*

So I decided to look at some stats and two things jumped out at me.

One, looking a league-wide stats, I saw Iginla up towards the top for points and I struggled to figure out why I can't remember that the Flames made it to the post season.

Second, looking at Wings stats, Franzen and Gator are the bookends of plus/minus for the team and not the way you'd expect it.

Franzen has only scored on the Power play so his +/- is suffering. This is more a byproduct of his linemates than any wrongdoing on his end though.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Our defense is garbage. That is on the GM. That's why we cannot protect any lead. There have been several games where we have a lead and the defense cannot protect the lead.

That's on our GM who thought Kyle Quincey was worth a first round draft pick.

cherry picking.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005

Yep. 55/52 have been excellent. I would LOVE to see them split up for balance if we get through game 7. The other two pairings are way too volatile at this point.(understatement)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad