GDT: WCQF Game 6 | Anaheim @ Detroit | 8:00 PM EST | FSD / CNBC / TSN2 / KDOC

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Babcock has done a whole hell of a lot more right than he's done wrong. When Ozzie was ******** the bed during Howie's rookie season Babs rode him all the way to the playoffs. If Ken Holland could have sent Howie down he would have; all he cares about is the cap hit. It's ****ing pathetic.

What on earth has Holland done right since Hossa fell into his lap? It's all been turtle, turtle, turtle. :shakehead

Okay.

Few people are saying Holland is free of blame. Least of all me.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Haha, objectivity is important my friend. As are compassion and forgiveness. I don't know Bertuzzi personally, I doubt you do, all I know is he's been a class act since he's been here. There's plenty of research you can do about the way Bertuzzi was brought up in hockey that may point to a tradgedy like that one being inevitable. #Perspective

He can start his research with Mike Milbury and trading Todd Bertuzzi for not wanting to play dirty lol. There is a history of being coerced into violence, that was resisted at his peril for years. There is cause where there is effect and if Ryan VandenBussche is clear of off-ice violence, Bertuzzi's case is a waste of time. The end.

GO WINGS!

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
What on earth does that mean? Based on your posting in this thread I'm guessing I'll never know. :shakehead

Not sure what gave you the impression I'm being vague or evasive. By 'cherry picking' I mean, instead of debating point to point, you're just asserting a random opinion. Yeah Quincy sucks, it was a bad move... and?

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
He can start his research with Mike Milbury and trading Todd Bertuzzi for not wanting to play dirty lol. There is a history of being coerced into violence, that was resisted at his peril for years.

GO WINGS!

Yep. ESPN had an old article about it. Started well before he was an adult I believe/assume.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
So I decided to look at some stats and two things jumped out at me.

One, looking a league-wide stats, I saw Iginla up towards the top for points and I struggled to figure out why I can't remember that the Flames made it to the post season.

Second, looking at Wings stats, Franzen and Gator are the bookends of plus/minus for the team and not the way you'd expect it.

Obviously you know that Iginla is with the Pens now . . . But just in case, Iginla is with the Pens now.:D

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
I wonder how many of these people cheered at the OT goal as if they hadn't completely given up already. Pathetic.

I can't wait to see the empty, self-righteous responses I'll get from them.

Crymson, I am SO SORRY that I got pissed after the game tying goal, in the most important game of our season, due to inexcusable mistakes and sloppy play.

I've missed two games this entire season and never stop watching when we are doing badly. But that doesn't mean I don't get upset with our play and sometimes need to let it out, especially during important games like this.

:)

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Second, looking at Wings stats, Franzen and Gator are the bookends of plus/minus for the team and not the way you'd expect it.

Makes sense to me, the guy playing with 40 and 13 has the best plus/minus.

Franzen was hot for a week. Now he's invisible again, and apparently -5. Filppula aint helping.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Not sure what gave you the impression I'm being vague or evasive. By 'cherry picking' I mean, instead of debating point to point, you're just asserting a random opinion. Yeah Quincy sucks, it was a bad move... and?

Exactly, you say nothing of substance. I'm done here. :D

Chris23JP

May 26, 2008
Michigan
I wonder how many of these people cheered at the OT goal as if they hadn't completely given up already. Pathetic.

I can't wait to see the empty, self-righteous responses I'll get from them.

There's one.

And here's the one person on here in the entirety of the intermission who kept the faith. Well done.

TBH I didn't cheer. I was watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7zxXAtmmLLc when they scored and said, "good, they better have won this game." I was still a little angry after the game was over.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
It's really, really funny how you're blathering on about Bogosian in complete ignorance of the fact that the rumor you're referencing never had any substance whatsoever. It takes nothing more than a bit of intelligence to realize that the Thrashers would not have traded away their best defensive prospect in exchange for an unremarkable, soon-to-be-UFA Ericsson and a Hudler in the midst of the worst season of his career.

But please do carry on.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The only rumors with the Wings that get aired are legit.

Hossa when he was traded to the Pens.
Bogosian.
Jagr being interested in coming back from the KHL.
Detroit being interested in Suter and Parise.
Bouwmeester.

So yeah, I will carry on given Detroit is never mentioned unless there is legit interest. Bury your head in the sand all you want, I actually follow hockey and can be critical when it is warranted.

So I'm not going to embarrass myself by pretending Niklas Kronwall is a Norris caliber defenseman or by saying Kyle Quincey was worth a first round draft pick.

Good luck with that! ;)

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I'd like to say Kronwall and Big E have been very good. Next year with DD in the fold, I like our D. Smith and Kindl will get better. Just need some more offense.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Guys, knock off the mud slinging and name calling, or I will be forced to start handing out infractions.

Thanks.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Who else is watching the Blues/Kings game? The intensity puts our series to shame. Why can't we play that scrappy desperate kind of game?

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
When the Wings gave up the tying goal I grabbed another beer and sat closer to the TV. Entertaining game and the good guys won.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I have no problem with eating crow tonight. I thought we would lose even said so in this thread back on page 5.

I'm glad we won hope we do on sunday as well. I personally believe win or lose we need to play little brother in our last year in this conferance for it to mean something.

This team just can be frustrating this year. I know why with who we have lost over the past couple of years. Outside of 13 40 and howard I have no ****ing clue who/what will show up come game 7.

Don't get me wrong though I want the team to win and do well. But this season has been predictable in only one area so far. And that is the guarentee of being unpredictable outside of our very good/great/generational players (and for referance datsyuk imo is the generational one, z is elite, and howard is very good).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad