GDT: WCQF Game 6 | Anaheim @ Detroit | 8:00 PM EST | FSD / CNBC / TSN2 / KDOC

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
woohoooo!

terrible choke (and kinda worse than game 2 in that the ducks didn't get going at all tonight to gain momentum for the comeback) and shocking play from flip. bad non-call on perry as well, but still...

anyway, win it 3-1, win it in OT, i don't much care, just as long as they win.

top line was excellent tonight, flip wasn't, and franzen only really looked a danger when he was away from flip. less ****-ups from the D than usual, but colaiacovo understandably didn't look up to speed.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
Goes to show you. When you need him most, a Captain is gonna Captain.

Z showed huge heart at the end of the season... and he showed huge heart tonight. You could see how pissed he was with himself when he didn't score at the end of the 3rd. What an amazing game by the 1st line... and Jimmy for keeping us in it, despite our defensive gaffs.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I've called him out, so great game for Z. Abby was also a big factor. I think we lose in 7 and the Babcock haterz will cry all summer long but taking the #2 seed to 7 games and having at least 4 games go to OT shows he can take a crappy roster and compete with one of the best teams in the league.

The ball is in Ken Holland's court. Game on, *****.

It's not an either or situation here.

Babcock has a love affair with Lashoff, Cleary. He refuses to take charge of his lineup. Filp has been pretty lackluster the entire series so far. His d-pairings are mindboggling sometimes. Brunner was still on the point up until just this game. His throwing out of the fourth line in a 5 min major last game was :confused

So duh, Holland has not given him a world-beater squad. And he's signed some major duds like Q....... (UGH....) but I don't think Babcock has used the team he has optimally either.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Well, this is interesting isn't it?

Game 7 in Anaheim.

Big picture: we're over achieving.
Normal picture: we can make it to the second round.
Smaller picture: We could be resting for our second round opponent if we halved the mental errors we've made in the series

Our team isn't good. We're seriously over-achieving. We beat 4 playoff teams total from all of March and April; we've beaten the Ducks 3 times in 6 games. I totally expect to lose in game 7 and give Babcock credit for getting us this far. 4 games have gone to OT and there's reason to think game 7 could as well.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Well, this is interesting isn't it?

Game 7 in Anaheim.

Big picture: we're over achieving.
Normal picture: we can make it to the second round.
Smaller picture: We could be resting for our second round opponent if we halved the mental errors we've made in the series

It isn't fun that way though... :sarcasm:

CloneHakanPlease*

Bench Dancing Queen and Emmerton for game 7 please.
Seperate Z and D and bring in Eaves and Tatar

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
It's not an either or situation here.

Babcock has a love affair with Lashoff, Cleary. He refuses to take charge of his lineup. Filp has been pretty lackluster the entire series so far. His d-pairings are mindboggling sometimes. Brunner was still on the point up until just this game. His throwing out of the fourth line in a 5 min major last game was :confused

So duh, Holland has not given him a world-beater squad. And he's signed some major duds like Q....... (UGH....) but I don't think Babcock has used the team he has optimally either.

Get over yourself. We have no business taking the Ducks to 7 with 4 out of 6 games going to OT. The bigger issue is Ken Holland has a love affair with mediocre players. He could have acquired Zach Bogosian and Jay Bouwmeester. Oh but he gave up a 1st for Kyle Quincey. How awesome is that? :shakehead

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Z-Dats-Gator
Bert-Mule-Tatar
Nyquist-Flip-Brunner
Eaves-Andersson-Sammy

Would be my lines for game 7

I think the rules with Tatar on the Griffins in the playoffs is that we would have to use an emergency call up. Which we can't use because we have Tootoo and Eaves healthy. I could be wrong on the rules though.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Great leadership by 40,11 and 13.

Smith settled down a bit by the end but looked gassed the first two periods. Quincy was a disaster. Filppula is a borderline scratch for me at this point. 28 was nice early, then rust caught up and he had a stretch of shifts that were just as bad as Lashoff. Nyquist started the game as our best player.

Cleary deserves some sincere props though. He responds to cortizone like it's cocaine.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
This is the best mediocre team I've seen

It's not a mediocre team. It's a team that has some elite players and a lot of good players injured. Can you imagine how much better this team would be right now with Helm, DD and Tatar in the lineup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad