GDT: WCQF Game 6 | Anaheim @ Detroit | 8:00 PM EST | FSD / CNBC / TSN2 / KDOC

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
It's not a mediocre team. It's a team that has some elite players and a lot of good players injured. Can you imagine how much better this team would be right now with Helm, DD and Tatar in the lineup?

Not much better if at all better. They are playing better than they are.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Get over yourself. We have no business taking the Ducks to 7 with 4 out of 6 games going to OT. The bigger issue is Ken Holland has a love affair with mediocre players. He could have acquired Zach Bogosian and Jay Bouwmeester. Oh but he gave up a 1st for Kyle Quincey. How awesome is that? :shakehead

Why don't the Wings have business going to game 7? They scored more goals than the Ducks and won the games. They have every business in the world being where they are.

Aug 6, 2012
It's really sad to watch how much Flip has regressed. The kid has all the talent in the world but no head to put it together.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Get over yourself. We have no business taking the Ducks to 7 with 4 out of 6 games going to OT. The bigger issue is Ken Holland has a love affair with mediocre players. He could have acquired Zach Bogosian and Jay Bouwmeester. Oh but he gave up a 1st for Kyle Quincey. How awesome is that? :shakehead

There's nothing to "get over."

You can't possibly tell me that Babcock has done nothing worthy of criticism this series. Because that's your attitude right now. His net presence might be positive, but it can always be better.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
It's really sad to watch how much Flip has regressed. The kid has all the talent in the world but no head to put it together.

If Flip was playing like that old Flip we used to all love but thought if he could put it all together could be real gud? This team would be real dangerous.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005

That's your opinion. It's not a fact. It's a convenient misconception to say that someone that's been the head coach of a team for close to a decade, doesn't have an affect on the players that are brought in and out of the organization.

And your using the Red Wings blowing two leads late as evidence of a terrific coaching job?

This playoff run isn't going to prove or disprove anything about the way the organization's been run the last 5 years. It's a crap shoot, we have some world class competitors leading the way, it's been a strange and enjoyable ride so far, hopefully they can keep it going on sunday.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
And souray. These guys have major anger issues

All of the Ducks do. That's probably why Abby has been a really valuable player this series. Because he's the ONLY guy that is even slightly mean on this team. Well, Franzen can have a mean streak, I guess.

But seriously, bring Tootoo back... something. These Ducks will lose it if you hit them a couple of times.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
If Flip was playing like that old Flip we used to all love but thought if he could put it all together could be real gud? This team would be real dangerous.

The old flip centered the 3rd line. That's where he belongs. He doesn't have the body/talent/mentality to be a top 6 threat. Which was fine, before we put him in the top 6.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Give me a break. If we have Bogosian, we probably trade Nyquist. If we trade for Jay Bo, we
still ain't scoring more goals. Blame Kenny all you want for not acquiring those guys. But if we have another goal scorer perhaps this series is already won. Blame him for that. Lack of goal scorers.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The old flip centered the 3rd line. That's where he belongs. He doesn't have the body/talent/mentality to be a top 6 threat. Which was fine, before we put him in the top 6.

Bounce passes behind your net to the opposition don't happen because you're not playing your ideal position. They happen because your head's not in the game.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
All of the Ducks do. That's probably why Abby has been a really valuable player this series. Because he's the ONLY guy that is even slightly mean on this team. Well, Franzen can have a mean streak, I guess.

But seriously, bring Tootoo back... something. These Ducks will lose it if you hit them a couple of times.

Bertuzzi is on the team. He's gonna get his head sued off when his case finally gets to court. Don't act like your team is squeaky clean when you have the biggest goon in the league on your team.

Last edited by a moderator:

CloneHakanPlease*

Yup. Last year's season was a clear anomaly, but anyone who actually remembered 31 of assists were secondary could have told you that.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
That's your opinion. It's not a fact. It's a convenient misconception to say that someone that's been the head coach of a team for close to a decade, doesn't have an affect on the players that are brought in and out of the organization.

And your using the Red Wings blowing two leads late as evidence of a terrific coaching job?

This playoff run isn't going to prove or disprove anything about the way the organization's been run the last 5 years. It's a crap shoot, we have some world class competitors leading the way, it's been a strange and enjoyable ride so far, hopefully they can keep it going on sunday.

Heh. Babcock has proven himself at every level and he's proven himself here. He's only had two seasons where we've underperformed given our seeding. The first was the first year he was here and the second was last year. There is no one who seriously follows hockey who thinks this roster is good enough to beat the second team in the conference. The fact we have taken them to 7 games with 4 of the last 5 going to OT shows his coaching ability.

Babcock is in the same place he was in when he first got here. Holland needs to step aside and give Babcock what he needs to get us back to being one of the better teams in the conference. Holland has done nothing since Hossa fell into his lap. That's a fact, regardless of how much it pains you.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Bounce passes behind your net to the opposition don't happen because you're not playing your ideal position. They happen because your head's not in the game.

... it seems like you argued with my point, and then made my counter-argument for me.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Abdelkader looked good tonight. Loving the way Datsyuk / Zetterberg / Abdelkader play together. They look good out there. It's making me enjoy seeing D + Z on the same line again.

Cleary was fantastic in that first minute of OT. Hope he carries it into game 7.

Those turnovers need to stop.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
So I decided to look at some stats and two things jumped out at me.

One, looking a league-wide stats, I saw Iginla up towards the top for points and I struggled to figure out why I can't remember that the Flames made it to the post season.

Second, looking at Wings stats, Franzen and Gator are the bookends of plus/minus for the team and not the way you'd expect it.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
You do realize you have a piece of **** on your team named Bertuzzi, right? Who's gonna get his balls sued off when his case finally gets to court. Don't act like your team is squeaky clean when you have the biggest goon in the league on your team.

Last time I checked, that happened when he was in a Canucks uniform

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You do realize you have a piece of **** on your team named Bertuzzi, right? Who's gonna get his balls sued off when his case finally gets to court. Don't act like your team is squeaky clean when you have the biggest goon in the league on your team.

I would be giddy if he went after someone. I would celebrate if he did something even slightly dirty.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
...Detroit has been one of the softest teams in the NHL for a long time

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005

Guess you haven't payed any attention to what Bertuzzi's done since that incident, because your assesment is entirely inaccurate. Bertuzzi is practically a lady byng candidate these days. Don't know how or why you would dispute the fact that the Ducks have a shorter fuse than the Wings.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
It's really sad that this place is a wellspring of negativity even immediately after an OT win in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad