WCQF Game 4: Nashville Predators @ Colorado Avalanche | 10 PM ET | SN, TVAS, NBCSN, ALT, FS-TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
If a decision is super close and the refs cant make a conclusive decision either way they should honestly flip a coin. Takes away any human bias. Put it on the big screen for some drama.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
I think it was, but it may be the first time that I agree with Toronto. I never know what to expect. The puck was not covered by body, glove or pad.
He made contact in the blue paint without making a play on the puck.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
No. The puck was in plain sight on top of the leg pad, not under it. Too many goals get disallowed in the NHL.
Yeah think you’re right.

He hit Rinne'd leg which impaired his ability to make a save on it regardless if it was on top of his pad. Contact with goalie in the crease. Plain and simple.
That’s not how it works. Incidental contact is allowed if the puck is loose in the crease.

So if the puck is on top of the goalies head can he be rammed into?
You could make contact with the goalie, yes.

RckyMtnBlue

Feb 28, 2014
I hate both teams but man that was a joke. He skated into the goalie while in the crease pushing his leg and then his body had to go back so no way he could make that save. If he doesn't get pushed he gets his glove on that easily. NHL wants close games obviously. If that were the Blues 100% thats no goal. Their consistency on goalie interference is atrocious...worse than NFL catch. Stupid

Reactions: LCPreds

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah think you’re right.

That’s not how it works. Incidental contact is allowed if the puck is loose in the crease.

You could make contact with the goalie, yes.
Its not that simple, if you just happen to touch him that can be done, but it doesn't matter if its loose or not you can't just ram a goalie.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't know whether that should've been a goal or not, but the NHL really needs to do a sit down and review the rule and how to interpret it after the season. No one knows what's a good goal and what's interference anymore.
What's the exact issue with the current rule?

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Its not that simple, if you just happen to touch him that can be done, but it doesn't matter if its loose or not you can't just ram a goalie.
Well obviously you couldn’t ram the goalie. But incidental contact, even inside the crease initiated by the skater, is allowed if the puck is ruled to be loose. At least that’s my understanding of the rules.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I hate both teams but man that was a joke. He skated into the goalie while in the crease pushing his leg and then his body had to go back so no way he could make that save. If he doesn't get pushed he gets his glove on that easily. NHL wants close games obviously. If that were the Blues 100% thats no goal. Their consistency on goalie interference is atrocious...worse than NFL catch. Stupid

Did you see Game 3 when Wilson skated in Saros in the blue, then went around behind the net and chirped at him? That was worse in my opinion.

I will agree with that part.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
If only the Avs had real goaltending.

andrew-hammond-ftw-3-16.jpg

Reactions: MacBradley

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Not when he is attempting to make a save. You can't impede the goalie's ability which it obviously did.
If the puck is loose, the player can attempt to play the puck...even if he gets in the goalies way/impedes his ability to make a save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad