GDT: WCQF - Game #1 : Oilers host Kings - 8pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It's funny, because all but like 5 of them get there on "merit" seems like a bad system.

Hoping for Brenk and Skilliter, they're reasonablish if I remember.

My only line in the sand is no Lee or McIssac. The rest are different shades of shitty, but not nearly as likely to single handedly torpedo a series with bad calls like those two can.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Kings fans on their board talking crap about Oilers fans throwing jerseys on the ice during the Eakins era... ironic considering their franchise probably would have relocated had they gone through the Decade of Darkness. Go Oilers!
Lol I think what we went through would push any fan to their limits. We were the joke of professional sports.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Kings fans on their board talking crap about Oilers fans throwing jerseys on the ice during the Eakins era... ironic considering their franchise probably would have relocated had they gone through the Decade of Darkness. Go Oilers!

If we want to drag up and shit post the past there is a lot of fodder on what was once the retirement home of the NHL wearing the leagues gaudiest jerseys in history.

They had no fans in the building to throw jerseys and if they did there were zero expectations from them to be motivated to throw one of those garbage yellow and purple monstrosities on the ice.

Then we get to the Burger King jersey, if not the worst jersey of all time certainly in the top 3 with the Dallas Uterus and the Mighty Ducks Cartoon jersey. That Burger King jersey should have been thrown on the ice, or shredded and sent to various bathroom stalls in and around LA. Nobody would recognize it anyway as hockey is an afterthought in the fakest city on the planet.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Sadly, will be missing this one. Calling out all whom will be attending.

Remember 04/20/1997? Bring the noise like its a 3 goal third period comeback with OT win! Have NEVER heard it that loud since.

Let do this boys!

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I can't wait for the new guys; Kostin, Ekholm, Bjugstad and Janmark to get a taste of playoff time in Edmonton.
Throw Vinny into the mix too (long time in the org, but first taste of playoffs as a roster player)!

The awesome thing is all 5 of these players are built for playoff hockey IMO. They're going to have a lot of new fans, if this team puts a good run together.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
While I think it’s gonna be a good fun series I fully expect a sweep like Colorado vs Edmonton last year where the better team just comes out on top every game

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
If we want to drag up and shit post the past there is a lot of fodder on what was once the retirement home of the NHL wearing the leagues gaudiest jerseys in history.

They had no fans in the building to throw jerseys and if they did there were zero expectations from them to be motivated to throw one of those garbage yellow and purple monstrosities on the ice.

Then we get to the Burger King jersey, if not the worst jersey of all time certainly in the top 3 with the Dallas Uterus and the Mighty Ducks Cartoon jersey. That Burger King jersey should have been thrown on the ice, or shredded and sent to various bathroom stalls in and around LA. Nobody would recognize it anyway as hockey is an afterthought in the fakest city on the planet.
Boo to you and your thoughts on the Mighty Ducks logo!

Slickest silks ever!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Slickest silks ever!

IMG_7238.jpeg

Seriously!?!!!? The carton jersey?

Great for a kids ball hockey team. Awful for a top tier professional sports franchise!

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006

Slickest silks ever!

I think he was referring to the jersey they had one year (same year as LA The Burger King jersey) of a cartoon duck goalie jumping out of ice; the original Ducks' logo was sweet.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Speaking of jerseys, is there any word out there on what we'll be wearing for the playoffs?

Really hoping it's not our terrible thirds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad