WCQF Game 1: Calgary Flames vs Colorado Avalanche | 8 PM MST | CBC, NBCSN, TVAS, SN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think it’s silly to suggest the Avs outplayed the Flames. At best it was even and even then the scoreboard shows 4-0.

In saying that. Why are Flames fans being so ignorant? You all know the Avs played with and traded chances with the Flames all night. You all know you were clenching for the first 30 minutes of the game. It was a real solid game from both teams with one team taking advantage of their chances and earning the win. To say anything more than that is straight ignorance. These sarcastic comments about the “Avs high flying offense” are embarrassing. Have a bit of class.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
"Cheap shot", he barely slashed him, it wasnt some huge 2 hander like cassie campbell would like you all to believe.

That being said. Smith was amazing tonight, flames will be hard to beat if they get goaltending like this consistently.

Slashing someone in the back of the legs when the game is over is the definition of a cheap shot. Take the loss like a man, especially cause you're the supposed leader (aka Captain), but no, act like a child playing his first hockey game.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Great game Flames !! Saturday is another day I hope a hungry Avs team comes out. I said before the series starts that our special team gonna have to step up. We need our PP to start working against a good team like that. They scored their 2nd goal on the PP. We need our special teams to make the difference.
Agreed! Not sure how y'all fared in the regular season though I definitely thought the Avs could get a lot of momentum from their power play, scary line-up. Hoping for another fun playoff match Saturday!

Reactions: cgf and Spilot23

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You can say that about any goaltender. If Jones plays great the Sharks could go all the way, If Holtby plays great the Caps could repeat, Leafs could win the cup if Anderson plays great etc etc.
Yeah but the Flames might be the best offensive team in the league to go along with it.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I think it’s silly to suggest the Avs outplayed the Flames. At best it was even and even then the scoreboard shows 4-0.

In saying that. Why are Flames fans being so ignorant? You all know the Avs played with and traded chances with the Flames all night. You all know you were clenching for the first 30 minutes of the game. It was a real solid game from both teams with one team taking advantage of their chances and earning the win. To say anything more than that is straight ignorance. These sarcastic comments about the “Avs high flying offense” are embarrassing. Have a bit of class.
There's smart Flames fans and dumb ones in this thread. The dumb ones just stand out more.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Slashing someone in the back of the legs when the game is over is the definition of a cheap shot. Take the loss like a man, especially cause you're the supposed leader (aka Captain), but no, act like a child playing his first hockey game.
This your first playoff series? I guarantee you if the flames are losing 4-0, they'll be sending messages. Theres no such thing as take your losses like a man when it comes to the playoffs.

Reactions: HockeyFan100

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

We hadn't played a legit game in two weeks.

First period went better than expected especially with the penalties. After that was all flames

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It’s only one game, but Calgary looks to be in another class. This was, of course, a 1 v 8.

The only time the Avs looked like they could do damage was the PP and 1/3 of every MacKinnon shift. Meanwhile 3 of Calgary’s lines had field days. The shot clock and score were indicative... Mike Smith made all the saves he had to, and three he didn’t. Grubauer was very solid, especially early and made some key saves himself.

The advanced stats tell the story for this one. I’m interested to see what happens going back to Colorado, when Nate gets to hide from 3M and the top pair at home. He could really torch our third line and pair.

Reactions: Avsavsavsavsavs

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I don’t think either team played all that well honestly. Kind of a choppy game overall. I’d expect Saturday to be a much better game for both clubs. In saying that Smith’s play is encouraging.

Reactions: MacBradley

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
This your first playoff series? I guarantee you if the flames are losing 4-0, they'll be sending messages. Theres no such thing as take your losses like a man when it comes to the playoffs.

lol, Calvert and Hammer going at is playoff hockey, Landeskog's slash is a child being a poor sport.

What's the message he is trying to send? We'll slash you after we lose? ok

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
The Flames will have a pretty good matchup with the Blue Jackets in the finals...apparently we’re crowning series winners off of one game now. The Avs will definitely come out angry and put up a 5-6 spot on Smith before tying up the series and taking all of the momentum back home to Colorado on Saturday.

Smokescreen

Apr 9, 2019
Tkachuk has a great game as did Giordano, Depth won the game for the flames. Avs couldn’t generate anything outside of their first line. That’s a tough way to win games in the playoffs.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
I was almost!!!!!!!!! envious of the Avalanche. Maybe like last week or so. I was like wow, a good young team on the rise + the addition of Hughes or Kakko :eek: RIDICULOUS. But after further investigation this team is garbage lmfaoooooooo and to top it off NO TOP TWO PICK FOR YOU

Pretty tough times coming for that franchise, they need a lot of help. Good luck fellas :oops:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Pretty good game for the Avs, despite the loss. Avs were the better team, and had the better chances.

Calgary had 10 shots halfway through the game.

Smith played out of his mind and robbed 5-6 goals.

Looking forward to game 2.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada

Sadly, there will always be arrogant fans. I am obviously very happy with the result though I totally don't feel that the Avs were demolished or anything of the sort. The series is far from over, especially with so many signs of talent from players like MacKinnon. All I hope is that the games continue to be fun to watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille